Lindsay vs Serena vs Martina - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Lindsay vs Serena vs Martina

If they meet in the French Open, who would win and what would the scores be. I like all three, so thses guesses are totally un-bias.
1. Lindsay bts Serena 6-2, 3-6, 7-5.
2. Martina bts Serena 6-1, 6-4.
3. Martina bts Lindsay 6-2, 7-5.
seles, davenport is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
-VSR-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,786
                     
Well Serena has actually won the French Open unlike the other two, so...

1. Serena def. Lindsay 6-4, 6-4
2. Serena def. Martina 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Martina def. Lindsay 7-5, 6-7(5), 7-5 ( Complete guess.)

Supporting:
Serena "Making Threats" Williams
Venus "Always Injured" Williams
-VSR- is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
LH2HBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by seles, davenport
If they meet in the French Open, who would win and what would the scores be. I like all three, so thses guesses are totally un-bias.
1. Lindsay bts Serena 6-2, 3-6, 7-5.
2. Martina bts Serena 6-1, 6-4.
3. Martina bts Lindsay 6-2, 7-5.

I disagree with your Lindsay vs. Serena. I am sorry to say since I LOVE Lindsay and I am no Serena fan but Lindsay blows on clay.

Мари́я Ю́рьевна Шара́пова​ , Јелена Јанковић, Venus Williams.
LH2HBH is offline  
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Sorry, is that the Lindsay that beat a counter-punching Kim last year?
seles, davenport is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusSerenaRocks
Well Serena has actually won the French Open unlike the other two, so...

1. Serena def. Lindsay 6-4, 6-4
2. Serena def. Martina 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Martina def. Lindsay 7-5, 6-7(5), 7-5 ( Complete guess.)
Yes, but Martina always makes at least the quaters. BTW, Serena has won the Aus Open before, Hantuchova hasn't, and who won that match?
seles, davenport is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Senior Member
 
LH2HBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by seles, davenport
Sorry, is that the Lindsay that beat a counter-punching Kim last year?

Yes, that's the one. Believe my, I cheered and cried tears of joy when it happened - but Kim LOST that match, Lindsay didn't TAKE it.

Also Kim is not a Counter-Puncher, she's an Aggressive Baseliner - same as Lindsay. However, she moves well on clay and knows how to slide. Lindsay admits that dirt her worst surface, by miles.


Мари́я Ю́рьевна Шара́пова​ , Јелена Јанковић, Venus Williams.
LH2HBH is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,193
                     
Davenport def. Williams 6-4 6-3
Hingis def. Williams 7-5 6-3
Hingis def. Davenport 6-4 2-6 6-4

Jelena Dokic.Vera Zvonareva.Tatiana Golovin.Mary Pierce.Monica Seles.Martina Hingis.Anna Kournikova


Havok is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Senior Member
 
-VSR-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,786
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by seles, davenport
Yes, but Martina always makes at least the quaters. BTW, Serena has won the Aus Open before, Hantuchova hasn't, and who won that match?
I am talking about when the players are playing at a level of at 85-90% if that.

Also, why is it that I give MY OPINION and you have something to say about it. Sorry, but I will say what I want and when I want.

Supporting:
Serena "Making Threats" Williams
Venus "Always Injured" Williams
-VSR- is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguydsl
Yes, that's the one. Believe my, I cheered and cried tears of joy when it happened - but Kim LOST that match, Lindsay didn't TAKE it.

Also Kim is not a Counter-Puncher, she's an Aggressive Baseliner - same as Lindsay. However, she moves well on clay and knows how to slide. Lindsay admits that dirt her worst surface, by miles.

Half agree with you. Some days Kim goes all out and attacks just like Lindsay, but on other days she just retrieves and retrieves. Also, when playing their hardest shots, Lindsay does hit stacks harder. And if you look at the stats of that match, Lindsay actually hit a couple more erros, so how can you say Kim lost it, as opposed to Lindsat winning it?
seles, davenport is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,901
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusSerenaRocks
Well Serena has actually won the French Open unlike the other two, so...

1. Serena def. Lindsay 6-4, 6-4
2. Serena def. Martina 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Martina def. Lindsay 7-5, 6-7(5), 7-5 ( Complete guess.)

True, Serena has won the French, but she hasn't reached the finals of a tournament (!!!) since Aussie Open, 2005. I'd say Martina has a good chance of beating Serena on hardcourts, let alone on clay. Unless Serena has shown that she is capable of beating a quality player on their best surface, she is not likely to get my vote for confidence.

Serena's survival on clay courts depends on mobility which, in honesty, was not stellar at the Aussie. I doubt she would be able to outrun Hingis' dropshots, or handle to crazy spin. Davenport she may be able to trouble, but I don't think beating Martina is a reasonable guess.
Orion is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusSerenaRocks
I am talking about when the players are playing at a level of at 85-90% if that.

Also, why is it that I give MY OPINION and you have something to say about it. Sorry, but I will say what I want and when I want.
Okay, I do respect your opinion, but you should respect mine as well, and that is that Martina would beat her easily on clay, even hard court. But not grass
seles, davenport is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
LH2HBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by seles, davenport
Half agree with you. Some days Kim goes all out and attacks just like Lindsay, but on other days she just retrieves and retrieves. Also, when playing their hardest shots, Lindsay does hit stacks harder. And if you look at the stats of that match, Lindsay actually hit a couple more erros, so how can you say Kim lost it, as opposed to Lindsat winning it?

Would love to look at the stats for that match! Kim hits the ball very hard. However, Kim has a very strong defensive game - just about as good as her attacking game, does not mean she is a retriever at all. Retriever... see Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, Anna Smashnova, Amanda Coetzer, Anastasia Myskina. All slight women who run a lot of balls down but are basically just pushers. Kim's groundstrokes have been clocked in the 80mph range. Same as Lindsay and the Williams.

Lindsay has very little in the way of a defensive game. Her attacking game is superb and her defensive game is pretty much nil.

It's generally accepted that players with a strong defensive game are going to excel on the slower surfaces like Clay or maybe Rebound Ace.

Players with a more attacking game excel on the faster surfaces like Hard or Grass. Lindsay wasn't even expected to MAKE the Round of 16 there much less the Quarters and I'll bet people had money on Kim in the final. She just has a game which is much more suited to clay. I watched that match and it just seemed to me that Kim choked and Lindsay STAYED in it. She certainly didn't win it by setting up long points, running down balls, sliding into shots and playing great defense.

Мари́я Ю́рьевна Шара́пова​ , Јелена Јанковић, Venus Williams.
LH2HBH is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
SAEKeithSerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 8,921
                     
honestly, serena would kick both of their asses, i don't care what kind of shape she's in.

Serena Williams.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:28 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,193
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEKeithSerena
honestly, serena would kick both of their asses, i don't care what kind of shape she's in.
.

I honestly dont think you realize how BAD Serena is right now. Really hopes she gets back into champ form asap though!

Jelena Dokic.Vera Zvonareva.Tatiana Golovin.Mary Pierce.Monica Seles.Martina Hingis.Anna Kournikova


Havok is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusSerenaRocks
Well Serena has actually won the French Open unlike the other two, so...

1. Serena def. Lindsay 6-4, 6-4
2. Serena def. Martina 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Martina def. Lindsay 7-5, 6-7(5), 7-5 ( Complete guess.)
Actually, Martina has won the French twice.
seles, davenport is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome