Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
1. Venus Williams - Tier 2 title, plus a Tier 2 final, gives her the edge so far.
2. Kim Clijsters - Only 1 event, but it was a Tier 2 title and she beat the #1 player in the world in doing so.
3. Iva Majoli - Tier 1 winner, plus a Tier 3 final seems grounds for a high rating, but isn't higher because of 1st round loss in Sarasota, and 2nd round of Amelia Island.
4. Justine Henin - Solid performance at Tier 2 Amelia Island, where she seemed poised to beat Venus. Missed Charleston, but reached Hamburg quarterfinals, a decent result.
5. Jelena Dokic - She's been overlooked somewhat, but she did prevail in Sarasota (though low tier), plus reached Amelia Island and Hamburg semis. Downfall was a poor showing in Charleston.
*Jennifer Capriati (only 1 event, but not bad reaching a Tier 1 semifinal).
* Patty Schnyder (quarterfinal in Sarasota, and a very good run at Charleston with big wins over Serena and Jennifer. Downfalls were 2nd round showing at Amelia Island, and disappointing 1st round of Hamburg).
*Svensson, Muller, Serna, Montolio (must be doing at least something right to each come away with a clay title (though small one) this year).