Who is better Serena or Venus... - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
henree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 681
                     
Who is better Serena or Venus...

Here is how I break down their games
1st Serve Venus
2nd Serve Serena
Forehand Serena
Backhand Venus
Backhand Variety Serena
Dropshot Serena
Horizontal Movement Venus
Vertical Movement Serena
Backhand Volley Serena
Forehand Volley Venus
Anticipation Venus
Net Defense Venus
Net Offense Venus
Approach Shot Serena
Smash Venus
Swinging Volley Serena
Footwork Venus
Groundstroke Timing Venus
Point Construction Venus
Shotmaking Serena
Mental Toughness Serena
Power Venus
Speed Venus
Touch Serena
Slice Serena
Top Spin Serena
Any categories I miss. And please feel free to critisize.
henree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,900
                     
1st Serve Venus Serena
2nd Serve Serena
Forehand Serena
Backhand Venus
Backhand Variety Serena
Dropshot Serena Venus
Horizontal Movement Venus
Vertical Movement Serena Equal
Backhand Volley Serena Serena? ROTF. Venus.
Forehand Volley Venus
Anticipation Venus Equal
Net Defense Venus
Net Offense Venus
Approach Shot Serena Venus
Smash Venus Serena
Swinging Volley Serena LOL!! Venus.
Footwork Venus Equal
Groundstroke Timing Venus
Point Construction Venus Equal
Shotmaking Serena
Mental Toughness Serena
Power Venus
Speed Venus
Touch Serena LOL. Venus
Slice Serena
Top Spin Serena
Lob Serena


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
LH2HBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.
1st Serve Venus Serena
2nd Serve Serena
Forehand Serena
Backhand Venus
Backhand Variety Serena
Dropshot Serena Venus
Horizontal Movement Venus
Vertical Movement Serena Equal
Backhand Volley Serena Serena? ROTF. Venus.
Forehand Volley Venus
Anticipation Venus Equal
Net Defense Venus
Net Offense Venus
Approach Shot Serena Venus
Smash Venus Serena
Swinging Volley Serena LOL!! Venus.
Footwork Venus Equal
Groundstroke Timing Venus
Point Construction Venus Equal
Shotmaking Serena
Mental Toughness Serena
Power Venus
Speed Venus
Touch Serena LOL. Venus
Slice Serena
Top Spin Serena
Lob Serena
I'm the Venus fan and you are the Serena fan and you are all correct except for 1st serve!

Мари́я Ю́рьевна Шара́пова​ , Јелена Јанковић, Venus Williams.
LH2HBH is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
liuxuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguydsl
I'm the Venus fan and you are the Serena fan and you are all correct except for 1st serve!
i agree, I think thats a pretty good summation.

All in all, I think both at their extreme absolute best are pretty damn equal!
liuxuan is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Mafia_Sharapova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kingdom of Maria Mafia
Posts: 1,343
                     

1111 Eternal follower of the Golden Girl


Mafia Angel of the Maria Mafia


Mafia_Sharapova is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
KimC&MariaSNo1's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wherever Life Takes Me
Posts: 10,356
                     
Id say when both at their best Venus is better
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,958
                     
At their best Serena is the better player, primarliy because she is tougher mentally.
thrust is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Mafia_Sharapova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kingdom of Maria Mafia
Posts: 1,343
                     

1111 Eternal follower of the Golden Girl


Mafia Angel of the Maria Mafia


Mafia_Sharapova is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,802
                     
Not this again!!!!!!!!
I cant wait for the season to resume... we all have waaaaaay too much idle time on our hands!

While I'm, on the topic.. i bet no one here is complaining about how long the season is now with not a tournament in sight till damn near January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yonexforever is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguydsl
I'm the Venus fan and you are the Serena fan and you are all correct except for 1st serve!
no he is correct, especially the first serve.
SJW is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
hingis-seles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,128
                     
At their best, I'd have to go with Serena as being the better player. Like I said in another thread, I enjoy watching Serena because she's so fluid in her movement and technique whether it's the serve or a groundstroke. Venus tends to be a bit more jerky, pulling up on and off.

After the nightmare of the 2000 US Open semifinal, I'd have to go with Venus' swinging volleys. Oh, and after the even more horrifying 2001 US Open semifinal, I'd have to go with Serena's 1st serve. That was some insane shit right there.

FUCK YOU, SEWTA.
[/SIZE]
hingis-seles is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 22,067
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles
At their best, I'd have to go with Serena as being the better player. Like I said in another thread, I enjoy watching Serena because she's so fluid in her movement and technique whether it's the serve or a groundstroke. Venus tends to be a bit more jerky, pulling up on and off.

After the nightmare of the 2000 US Open semifinal, I'd have to go with Venus' swinging volleys. Oh, and after the even more horrifying 2001 US Open semifinal, I'd have to go with Serena's 1st serve. That was some insane shit right there.
fluid movement? that something you don't hear very often about S.Williams

Vassilissa is my girl............
tenn_ace is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Craigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 30,069
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia_Sharapova
If you dont have anyting to say about this topic then go away!
Craigy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome