Leave the poor girl alone!!! - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
~lollipop_girl~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 7,988
                     
Leave the poor girl alone!!!

OK, I am certainly not a Serena fan...far from it...but I am soooo sick of people claiming how fat/overweight/unfit Serena is. She bloody well isn't any of these things! Yeah at the moment she may not be as skinny or as fit as other players on the tour but she can still go out there and play a match and not be on the ground with exhaustion afterwards so she isn't as unfit as some think or at least claim. I admit that she probably should be in better shape than she is if she wants to return to the top of the game but thats not my point. My point is that who are we to analyse everything she eats and everything she does...it's her life let her live it the way she wants.

Can people just please give her a break and stop criticising every minuscular gram she may put on!

My number 1 tennis Queen - Martina!!!
GOOD LUCK DANIELA!!!
KICK BUTT ANA!!!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
yeah.. i agree with u.
Maryamator is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,784
                     
it would take only a few minutes for her to get into fighting shape. it is very difficult to maintain that kind of training schedule over 20 years, there's always going to lows and highs.
"Sluggy" is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Sir Stefwhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,936
                     
Some people just love to "hate", it comes easy to a lot of people. Serena's confident, outspoken, in your face, and when playing well a force to be reckoned with- all ingredients which make her fun to pick on. Everyone gets there moments, my fellow Serena fans have been spoiled throughout her career, having plenty to be happy about- now it's time for the haters to have their brief moment in the sun. I suggest they enjoy, cuz it wont be too much longer before the fans are able to be smiling about another glorious Serena performance.

STEFWHIT'S HALL OF FAME
Greatest Singles Player of All Time: Steffi Graf
Simply the BEST: Serena Williams [Proud MEMBER OF RENA'S ARMY]
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
blurring the lines between the real and the fake
 
V-MAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 25,584
                     
@ these threads.

V-MAC is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
selesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,162
                     
Did anyone read the article on Serena in last month's SELF magazine, it made me like her so much more. She talks about her weight and how she has accepted her body type. It seemed to me she was insecure about her body and has grown to accept it. I hope she never comes on these boards or she might have to start over with her self acceptance.
selesfan is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
~lollipop_girl~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 7,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
This is suck-up thread #2 from this poster, right?
If that's refering to me than no! I've only ever started one other thread and it was a completely different topic!

My number 1 tennis Queen - Martina!!!
GOOD LUCK DANIELA!!!
KICK BUTT ANA!!!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
cerbero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,867
                     
If she kept her big mouth shut the bashing would dicrease alot...

DEMENTIEVA
MYSKINA
cerbero is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,026
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopgirl
If that's refering to me than no! I've only ever started one other thread and it was a completely different topic!
Sorry...I'll delete my original post.

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
~lollipop_girl~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 7,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
Sorry...I'll delete my original post.
Thanks, I wasn't exactly offended but thanks anyway.

My number 1 tennis Queen - Martina!!!
GOOD LUCK DANIELA!!!
KICK BUTT ANA!!!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 22,790
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopgirl
OK, I am certainly not a Serena fan...far from it...but I am soooo sick of people claiming how fat/overweight/unfit Serena is. She bloody well isn't any of these things! Yeah at the moment she may not be as skinny or as fit as other players on the tour but she can still go out there and play a match and not be on the ground with exhaustion afterwards so she isn't as unfit as some think or at least claim. I admit that she probably should be in better shape than she is if she wants to return to the top of the game but thats not my point. My point is that who are we to analyse everything she eats and everything she does...it's her life let her live it the way she wants.

Can people just please give her a break and stop criticising every minuscular gram she may put on!
Well Serena never was skinny, but is obvious that she is overweight and unfit right now, when Serena is in good form she never loses with someone out of the top 100.
Maybe some people only want to take a laugh of Serena, but i think there are a lot of people saying she is unfit that want the good old Serena back
jj74 is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: London
Posts: 453
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by selesfan
Did anyone read the article on Serena in last month's SELF magazine, it made me like her so much more. She talks about her weight and how she has accepted her body type. It seemed to me she was insecure about her body and has grown to accept it. I hope she never comes on these boards or she might have to start over with her self acceptance.
I understand your point, but I really do think that Serena is very unlikely to be bothered by anything the freaks and haters have to say on this board. She's been in the public eye for years and is very well versed in handling herself - Richard/Oracene raised a smart girl.

Not that I imagine she'd spend any time reading boards like these - I think the top players would know what to expect from certain elements of such forums.
danra is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Lindsayfan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,612
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopgirl
OK, I am certainly not a Serena fan...far from it...but I am soooo sick of people claiming how fat/overweight/unfit Serena is. She bloody well isn't any of these things! Yeah at the moment she may not be as skinny or as fit as other players on the tour but she can still go out there and play a match and not be on the ground with exhaustion afterwards so she isn't as unfit as some think or at least claim. I admit that she probably should be in better shape than she is if she wants to return to the top of the game but thats not my point. My point is that who are we to analyse everything she eats and everything she does...it's her life let her live it the way she wants.

Can people just please give her a break and stop criticising every minuscular gram she may put on!

She's all of those things. Who are you kidding. Serena needs to take the rest of the year off and get trainer and work her ass off if she wants to get back to the top the only thing that has kept her in the top ten this year is winning the AO and now with the results since you have to say it was a fluke.
Lindsayfan32 is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2005, 12:06 AM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,013
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsayfan32
She's all of those things. Who are you kidding. Serena needs to take the rest of the year off and get trainer and work her ass off if she wants to get back to the top the only thing that has kept her in the top ten this year is winning the AO and now with the results since you have to say it was a fluke.
lol yes.....her 7th slam was a major fluke.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
controlfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 5,857
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbero
If she kept her big mouth shut the bashing would dicrease alot...
Ah but if she shut her mouth then how would she burn all those calories?
controlfreak is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome