Ranking points off through Wimbledon
Here are the Top 20 with the grass court tournaments ranking points off, and tournament points readjusted to best 17 without the said tournaments. I've put the new 16th and 17th tournament points in brackets to give an idea of how well the players must do to actually gain points over the next month (assuming of course no one is going to have 3 stunning grass court tournaments in a row, because it's crazy to play so much anyway)
1 4823 L Davenport (72)
2 3927 M Sharapova (85,50)
3 3769 A Mauresmo (36,1)
4 3086 E Dementieva (1,1)
5 3077 S Williams
6 3067 J Henin-Hardenne
7 2955 S Kuzenetsova (57,1)
8 2518 N Petrova (59,44)
9 2328 A Molik
10 2196 A Myskina (1,1)
11 2167 P Schnyder (33,33)
12 1861 V Zvonereva (30,1)
13 1869 M Pierce (2,1)
14 1695 E Bovina (32,1)
15 1686 V Williams
16 1664 K Clijsters
17 1640 E Likovsetva (2,1)
18 1533 N Dechy (27,24)
19 1273.25 J Jankovic (29,26)
20 1219.75 A Ivanovic
1) Lindsay is staying at no.1. There's almost no way she can lose that spot.
2) Maria and Amelie with be fighting it out for the no. 2 spot. Maria should come up on top.
3) It's a 3-way battle between Elena D, Serena, and Justine for no. 4. I expect Elena to fall to no. 6 since she's not as accomplished a grass courter as the other 2 players.
4) Anastasia and Patty duke it out for the last top 10 spot. Patty is a pretty good player on grass, and should overtake Anastasia, who's still struggling to find her form. Kim could possibly take this spot however, with good performances at Wimbledon and Eastbourne, but she would either need some stellar results, or have Patty falter.
5) If Venus shows up, she may end up at about 12 or 13. She'll need a Wimbledon final or better to have any chance of entering the top 10
6) Expect Ana to rise further.
A single flow'r he sent me, since we met./All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet - One perfect rose.
I knew the language of the floweret;/'My fragile leaves,' it said, 'his heart enclose.'
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.