Venus beat Serena for this? - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,434
                     
Venus beat Serena for this?

At least Serena would have made this a little more competetive!
G1Player2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Knizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,749
                     
Fire against Serena, but none against Maria.
Knizzle is offline  
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Venus' problem in this match are her UE's and not forcing a break point on Maria's serve. Honestly, I don't think she is playing all that bad. She fought off a match point so far.
lizchris is offline  
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
No Name Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: nYc
Posts: 12,821
                     
the queen is making a comeback...if she wins this, then she will serve to tie it up. it's not over yet!

ROCK ON:
elena dementieva, serena williams, caroline wozniacki, ana ivanovic
david nalbandian, rafael nadal, andy murray, gael monfils, jo-wilfried tsonga
No Name Face is offline  
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name Face
the queen is making a comeback...if she wins this, then she will serve to tie it up. it's not over yet!
She lost 6-4, 6-3

But she had a great tournament.

I will be rooting for Kim or Amelie to win the title, though.
lizchris is offline  
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
No Name Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: nYc
Posts: 12,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
She lost 6-4, 6-3

But she had a great tournament.

I will be rooting for Kim or Amelie to win the title, though.
i agree and same here. i don't like momo, but i'd root for her over maria. judging by the way maria played she would have beat serena too (although in three sets). maria was just on fire. she's really good. if she stopped screeching and being so hyped up, then maybe i could deal with her a little more.

ROCK ON:
elena dementieva, serena williams, caroline wozniacki, ana ivanovic
david nalbandian, rafael nadal, andy murray, gael monfils, jo-wilfried tsonga
No Name Face is offline  
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Among The Greats
Posts: 40,037
                     
I want kim to win!

Career Grand Slam in your 20s? Been there done that. Career golden slam your 30s?
There's only 1.
Serena.
♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛
[22]
MrSerenaWilliams is offline  
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,372
                     
you people are a joke...
maria beat venus because she's better than venus even when venus is playing well. you can't expect that all to change just because she gets one win over serena. she's got things to work on beyond that one matchup.

maria is just too good.
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:36 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Everybody fucking trees against my baby...Venus included. And now this shit? Serena could have used that Maria practice.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:40 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Serena wasnt good enough to be in the SF. hate to say it, but it's true. she was playing poor all tournament. both of them need to hit the practice court. im not worried, just wait...
SJW is offline  
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name Face
i agree and same here. i don't like momo, but i'd root for her over maria. judging by the way maria played she would have beat serena too (although in three sets). maria was just on fire. she's really good. if she stopped screeching and being so hyped up, then maybe i could deal with her a little more.

Her fans (particulary on this board) and father make her hard to like too.

However, I don't think she would have beaten Serena, espcially based on that last game.
lizchris is offline  
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Sir Stefwhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,936
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
you people are a joke...
maria beat venus because she's better than venus even when venus is playing well. you can't expect that all to change just because she gets one win over serena. she's got things to work on beyond that one matchup.

maria is just too good.
I don't like to admit it, but that's about how I see it as well. That just makes Venus' win over Serena harder to stomach because we all know that Serena vs. Maria would have been a different match entirely. I'm not saying Serena would have definietely won, I just think it would have been a more closely contested match. Venus is on her way back to the top and has been looking better lately, but she still has a ways to go.

Congrats to Maria- and she better thank the stars that Venus made her route a little easier...

STEFWHIT'S HALL OF FAME
Greatest Singles Player of All Time: Steffi Graf
Simply the BEST: Serena Williams [Proud MEMBER OF RENA'S ARMY]
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline  
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,372
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name Face
i agree and same here. i don't like momo, but i'd root for her over maria. judging by the way maria played she would have beat serena too (although in three sets). maria was just on fire. she's really good. if she stopped screeching and being so hyped up, then maybe i could deal with her a little more.
wait, you're saying maria has control over her hype??? and then you say she's good (and will therefore win) yet you think her hype will just go away even if she wanted it to? :retard:
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
densuprun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,021
                     
Another lizchris's prediction went down in flames today. At least she has learnt not to make predictions for the final. Well, maybe they will come later.
densuprun is offline  
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,372
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit
I don't like to admit it, but that's about how I see it as well. That just makes Venus' win over Serena harder to stomach because we all know that Serena vs. Maria would have been a different match entirely. I'm not saying Serena would have definietely won, I just think it would have been a more closely contested match. Venus is on her way back to the top and has been looking better lately, but she still has a ways to go.

Congrats to Maria- and she better thank the stars that Venus made her route a little easier...
you realize that that makes no sense at all, don't you? i realize it's a different matchup altogether.... but
venus beat serena primarily with consistency and aggression, and serena was spraying the ball. then venus plays a great match against maria, and maria beats her in straight sets. there's hardly any logic at all to suggest serena would have done any better against maria. not today.
faboozadoo15 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome