"Serena is our perfect goddess!" Williams Fans - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 589
 
"Serena is our perfect goddess!" Williams Fans

I have been reading the threads about "Serena Williams calling Shahar Peer a bitch"... I cannot comment on it as I haven't seen the match and the incident.

But one thing I like to comment about its the way the Williams fans trying to defend their what they think "Their Perfect Goddess"!!! They try to justify Serena's outbursts during a tennis match like using the "F" word. They said something in a meaning like:
"Serena even called Venus a Fxxking Bitch during a match before, calling Peer a bitch, big deal!"
"Serena said "Give me a Fxxking Break" during a match, so what?"

If using the "F" word during a tennis match is ok, then Serena would not received a warning from the chair umpire at AO2003. This is called an unsportsmanlike conduct, disrepectful to your opponents and in fact to herself too!!

However, the funny thing is that I remember when Jennifer Capriati saying the "F" word during a tennis match, the amount of Williams fans jumping on her and bashing her, criticising how lowclass she is, making fun about that she smokes pots in the past and blah blah blah!!!!

Last edited by DiZZiA; Mar 28th, 2005 at 02:54 AM.
DiZZiA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:05 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 19,163
                     
Give it up Dizzy! This topic is so yesterday. Come with something original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Senior Member
 
deja_entendu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: taradise.
Posts: 1,599
                     
Yeah, I'm slowly finding out that you can't even say something neutral about Serena or Venus. Unless it's a glowing praise of their amazingness, Williams fans freak out! I went from green dots to red dots after two posts today... those crazy kids...
deja_entendu is offline  
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Senior Member
 
PaulieM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Under Roger
Posts: 3,380
                     
because serena is the first tennis player to ever swear in a match, everyone swears it's not big deal
i will admit that even i as a fan feel like sometimes williams' fans go overboard but i don't think this was one of them, and they aren't all that different from any fan base on this site that defends their favorite player at any cost. people on this board stopped being rational a long time ago... everyone has their opinions and will do what they like, move on

Serena: Australian Open Champion 2005

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!


"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Senior Member
 
vettipooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,076
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja_entendu
Yeah, I'm slowly finding out that you can't even say something neutral about Serena or Venus. Unless it's a glowing praise of their amazingness, Williams fans freak out! I went from green dots to red dots after two posts today... those crazy kids...
Thank goodness you recognize their "amazingness" Where's the neutral stuff???

Venus and Serena.....2012 Grand Slam Champions!
The Greatest Ever Grand Slam Team, Does It Again!!!!

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Senior Member
 
vettipooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,076
                     
And by the way...don't put words in our mouths!!

Venus and Serena.....2012 Grand Slam Champions!
The Greatest Ever Grand Slam Team, Does It Again!!!!

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:18 AM
 
harloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wonderland Arts Society
Posts: 19,163
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieM
because serena is the first tennis player to ever swear in a match, everyone swears it's not big deal
i will admit that even i as a fan feel like sometimes williams' fans go overboard but i don't think this was one of them, and they aren't all that different from any fan base on this site that defends their favorite player at any cost. people on this board stopped being rational a long time ago... everyone has their opinions and will do what they like, move on
You represent yourself PaulieM. Everyone on this board acts like Williams fans in general all think alike. Of course some Williams fans defend their favorites but it's no different from any fan base on this board.

So I am pretty much tired of certain posters whining about Williams fans in general, but see no problem with other fan bases defending their favorite player. Some people really need to get off their high horse and let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
I'll say this in public once. I miss serena so much. Fed is my favorite player but no one does it like her.

harloo is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 589
 
Somebody actually said something on another thread like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
YOU and your friends did not like Serena anyways. Stop fronting like you and your biased pals were excited to see Serena. ROTF! Give us all a break!
That poster is definitely assuming that the thinking of "You and your friends" in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
So I am pretty much tired of certain posters whining about Williams fans in general, but see no problem with other fan bases defending their favorite player.
If that's the real case, why this is happening on this board?
DiZZiA is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
PaulieM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Under Roger
Posts: 3,380
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
You represent yourself PaulieM. Everyone on this board acts like Williams fans in general all think alike. Of course some Williams fans defend their favorites but it's no different from any fan base on this board.

So I am pretty much tired of certain posters whining about Williams fans in general, but see no problem with other fan bases defending their favorite player. Some people really need to get off their high horse and let it go.
i don't think that all williams' fans think alike, my point was that all fan bases go overboard in somebody's opinion so there's no point arguing about it.

Serena: Australian Open Champion 2005

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!


"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Senior Member
 
RenaSlam.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 25,032
                     
I am a huge Williams fan, but will admit that Serena overreacted at Peer when Peer hit the ball straight at her. She was in the heat of the moment and definately shouldn't have interpreted Peer's shot as something more than it was.
RenaSlam. is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 25,078
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZZiA
But one thing I like to comment about its the way the Williams fans trying to defend their what they think "The Perfect Goddess"!!!
Excuse me. VENUS is the 'Perfect Goddess'. Thank you. And I see absolutely nothing in her behaviour that needs defending.

Of course, Serena is a highly admirable tennis player, quite the best in the world, and her actions need no defense either. So I guess I think the entire premise of your thread is absurd. However, let's keep out 'Perfect Goddesses' straight, shall we?

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Senior Member
 
thelittlestelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,393
                     
Serena is our perfect goddess! - Williams Fans


QUOTE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

VENUSWILLIAMS

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 589
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
Excuse me. VENUS is the 'Perfect Goddess'. Thank you. And I see absolutely nothing in her behaviour that needs defending.
Haha!!! Try to play smart here?
My thread title mentioned "Serena" already!!!
DiZZiA is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 25,078
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZZiA
Haha!!! Try to play smart here?
My thread title mentioned "Serena" already!!!
I know. Your thread title is inaccurate.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Senior Member
 
wta whore 79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Shrine of Graf worship
Posts: 205
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justeenium
williams fans are delusional. They even say things like Serena is hot or serena is pretty, and they badrep me for saying that she looks like a gorilla.

Have they seen the banner on the nasdaq-100 open website?
And that's worse than you bad repping me because I want Kim to beat Justin?
wta whore 79 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome