Random notes on some second round matches
vs Anna-Lena Groenefeld
- Groenefeld having a good year, Venus lost in the first round her last tournament. Regardless of WHY Venus lost, that's a bad indicator.
vs Catalina Castano
- Suarez hasn't won a singles match this year
vs Ai Sugiyama
- This match offer the most hope for anyone who always roots for the lower seeded player. (All three of you.) Sugiyama's game might as well be the Lost Chord, she's having so much trouble finding it.
vs Vera Douchevina
- It the feature match of the day on the women's side. Douchevina is probably playing better than any other lower seeded player playing today, but it just doesn't matter. The Serena haters should at least put by a bucket of bile, regardless though. Serena has only gotten through one tournament this year, so there's always a chance of a withdrawal.
vs Justine Henin-Hardenne
- Spears hit a lot of winners vs Stosur. COuld be the AMerican is finally hitting her stride. With Henin-Hardene just back from injury, there's a chance ...... aw, who'm I kiddin'?
vs Nuria Llagostera Vives
- Upside for Zvon is she just won Memphis. Downside, she hasn't beaten a top 40 player this year. I don't think VZ will actually LOSE but....
vs Meghann Shaughnessy
- Surface could favor the unseeded player. Or maybe that's just my American bias coming out.
vs Eleni Daniilidou
- Daniilidou is off to a horrible start this year. She's only won one match in four tournament, ad retired from her last with an injury. The SHarapova haters might as well save their venom for another day. No double bagel here.
Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Last edited by Volcana; Mar 25th, 2005 at 07:18 PM.