Can anyone verify this comment? - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,634
                     
Can anyone verify this comment?

This is what someone from Thailand said on another board:

Hi all,

This is my first time to post on this board but I have been reading for a couple of years now. Anyway, I'm from Thailand and I'm a VERY BIG Williams fan. Venus arrived in Thailand last night at about 11 pm ( Thailand time) I'm very angry with the media here. They]re constantly talking about Maria and hardly mention Venus.

They also say that Maria's very fussy because she requires lots of things but they don't mind because Maria is beautiful. The media in Thailand calls her 'Angel Maria' As for Venus, they say that she's very easy going and down to earth. They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!! ( I swear they said this on TV!!!) and it made me really really angry.

Maria is also paid almost 4 times more than Venus. Anyway, sorry for my English as it's not my first language. And I'll keep you guys updated very soon.


I thought it was pretty funny
icequeen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
This is what someone from Thailand said on another board:

Hi all,

This is my first time to post on this board but I have been reading for a couple of years now. Anyway, I'm from Thailand and I'm a VERY BIG Williams fan. Venus arrived in Thailand last night at about 11 pm ( Thailand time) I'm very angry with the media here. They]re constantly talking about Maria and hardly mention Venus.

They also say that Maria's very fussy because she requires lots of things but they don't mind because Maria is beautiful. The media in Thailand calls her 'Angel Maria' As for Venus, they say that she's very easy going and down to earth. They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!! ( I swear they said this on TV!!!) and it made me really really angry.

Maria is also paid almost 4 times more than Venus. Anyway, sorry for my English as it's not my first language. And I'll keep you guys updated very soon.


I thought it was pretty funny

This sounds like either total BS, or just typical sh*t stirring by the media to attempt to create controversy................
Angel_Mars is offline  
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Mars
This sounds like either total BS, or just typical sh*t stirring by the media to attempt to create controversy................
Couldn't agree more.
icequeen is offline  
post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:42 AM
Senior Member
 
SzavayFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pleasure Town
Posts: 11,683
                     
Thats extreamly retarted. Venus is beautiful waht are they talking about.
SzavayFi is offline  
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM
pav
Senior Member
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: new zealand
Posts: 9,642
                     
Sounds like it could be a case of acute blondewhorshipitis
pav is offline  
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:15 AM
Senior Member
 
greenfunkTHREE.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: facing the screen.
Posts: 3,396
                     
sounds racist to me.
They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!!

RIDING THE 3AM ROLLERCOASTER

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!


I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Clémence Poésy
greenfunkTHREE. is offline  
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:26 AM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
This is what someone from Thailand said on another board:

Hi all,

This is my first time to post on this board but I have been reading for a couple of years now. Anyway, I'm from Thailand and I'm a VERY BIG Williams fan. Venus arrived in Thailand last night at about 11 pm ( Thailand time) I'm very angry with the media here. They]re constantly talking about Maria and hardly mention Venus.

They also say that Maria's very fussy because she requires lots of things but they don't mind because Maria is beautiful. The media in Thailand calls her 'Angel Maria' As for Venus, they say that she's very easy going and down to earth. They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!! ( I swear they said this on TV!!!) and it made me really really angry.

Maria is also paid almost 4 times more than Venus. Anyway, sorry for my English as it's not my first language. And I'll keep you guys updated very soon.


I thought it was pretty funny
Being a black person, I would not be surprised if what you said was true. I have found many Asians (in the US) to be colorstruck and bigoted.

As far as the money is concerned, if what you said is true, Maria needs the money more than Venus probably does. Also, if what you reported is true, I hope this is Venus' first and last time at this exebition.

Last edited by lizchris; Jan 2nd, 2005 at 03:43 AM.
lizchris is offline  
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:30 AM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,918
                     
I seriously doubt Venus would allow a situation where she is paid a lot less than someone else. Now about the media comments who knows.
Rocketta is offline  
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Being a black person, I would not be surprised if what you said was true. I have found many Asians (in the US) to be colostruck and bigoted.
As far as the money is concerned, if what you said is true, Maria needs the money more than Venus probably does. Also, if what you reported is true, I hope this is Venus' first and last time at this exebition.
I have notice that also. The come to this country and automatically look down on black people and think they are better.
icequeen is offline  
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
I seriously doubt Venus would allow a situation where she is paid a lot less than someone else. Now about the media comments who knows.
She sure as hell would not allow that to happen. Venus is bigger in terms of being a celebrity, more established and better than Maria any day.
icequeen is offline  
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,972
                     
Vesus IS very nice (had a chance to meet her and to briefly chat)... As is Maria. I have met her couple of year ago and she was very nice. I can't believe that she could change THAT much.

Vassilissa is my girl............
tenn_ace is offline  
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:45 AM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
I have notice that also. The come to this country and automatically look down on black people and think they are better.
That's because many believe what white people tell them.
lizchris is offline  
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
That's because many believe what white people tell them.
So true. A lot of them cannot think for themselves. They think everything the white man say is gospel. So sad.
icequeen is offline  
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
So true. A lot of them cannot think for themselves. They think everything the white man say is gospel. So sad.
Unfortunately, there are many blacks who think the same way, especially those who immigrate to America.

Last edited by lizchris; Jan 2nd, 2005 at 04:08 AM.
lizchris is offline  
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:03 AM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,918
                     
wow, Liz that's very degrading......insinuating that most if not all Asians that come to this country don't think for themselves .....
Rocketta is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome