Well it is that time of the year again. The time before a GS that we fear top players will withdraw and leave the GS with a watered down field. This year's AO looks to be no different, with 6 former Grand Slam Champions (including the top 2 player in the world) questionable to play and Clijsters already out.
1. Davenport - Pulled out of Hopman Cup w/ injury.
2. Mauresmo - Pulled out of Hong Kong Challenge w/ injury
3. Serena Williams - Injured in final of YEC. Pulled out of singles in Hong Kong.
4. Capriati - Pulled out of Hurricane Slam.
5. Henin - Not in good form in her own exhibition.
6. Pierce - Pulled out of Auckland.
7. Bovina - Pulled out of Gold Coast
8. Rubin - Has not played a match for a very very long time.
Will these players be fit to play AO? I hope they all will be but my head says that even in the best case scenario, 3 of them may pull out