Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Pratt On Gay Radio In Australia
We are lucky in Melbourne, Australia to have a gay radio station called Joy Melbourne. As part of their schedule they have a sports program called " Good Sports" , to my surprise last night Nicole Pratt co hosted the entire program. To be slightly surprised is to put it mildly. The issues regarding sexuality were not canvassed which was rather surprising on a gay radio station. Here is a brief summary of what she said.
- Tennis is 90% mental
- Hard to form friendships with fellow players
- Alicia Molik will be a top 10 player within the next couple of months
- The Russian domination of the tour will continue and will expand..
- Elena Dementieva is the best athlete in women's tennis.
- Maria Sharapova is the real deal.
- Nadia Petrova is likely to be the next russian to win a grand slam.
- The William sisters won't regain their top positions in the game as they have to many technical flaws in their game.
- Williams sisters are not gracious in defeat but they are improving
- When she retires which is in about 3 years wants to coach.
- Nicole Vaidisova is the future of the game
- Eleni Daniilidou very talented but has not lived up to true potential.
- Believes that Monica would have been the greatest ever player if not for the stabbing.
- Believed that Daniela Hantuchova was anorexic last year.
- 2000 Olympics in Sydney was the highlight of her career.
- Many players find Arantxa Sanchez annoying.
- Believed Mark Phillipoussis can win a grand slam if he puts the effort in.
It was a great 2hrs and hopefully they will have some more tennis players in the lead up to the Ozzie Open.
Last edited by JohnBoy; Nov 18th, 2004 at 08:17 AM.