My Early Christmas Tennis Wish List - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
AlexB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,613
                     
My Early Christmas Tennis Wish List

as an american tennis fan, all i ask for in 2005

1) some better announcers on tv, not these beyond awful clowns
2) no cutting a match short to show darts/fishing or anything else
3) dont just publicize american players and sharapova, cater to hard core fans for a change and show us the best PLAYERS, not the best americans. besides all my favorite players are non american
4) no more crappy dubai duty free commercials (very important) or at least get players who have a stitch of acting ablility and not players who look like they are being coerced into saying these things. that commmercial looks like a hostage video
5) the easiest one of all : a grand slam and number one ranking for Anastasia Myskina

thanx in advance santa

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Don't mess with Texas!
 
Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 5,716
                     
Mine is just one really:

For the top players to be back from injury.

"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
JLDementieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Behind Elena
Posts: 4,318
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB
as an american tennis fan, all i ask for in 2005

1) some better announcers on tv, not these beyond awful clowns
2) no cutting a match short to show darts/fishing or anything else
3) dont just publicize american players and sharapova, cater to hard core fans for a change and show us the best PLAYERS, not the best americans. besides all my favorite players are non american
4) no more crappy dubai duty free commercials (very important) or at least get players who have a stitch of acting ablility and not players who look like they are being coerced into saying these things. that commmercial looks like a hostage video
5) the easiest one of all : a grand slam and number one ranking for Anastasia Myskina

thanx in advance santa
THat's one hell of a list!!
Mine would also be identical except for I would also wish for a Grand Slam title for Elena!

*~Elena Dementieva~*


Anastasia Myskina

Daniela Hantuchova
JLDementieva is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
AlexB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,613
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett
Mine is just one really:

For the top players to be back from injury.
good point... i will make this #6

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM
In my new place!!
 
Mase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Old VA
Posts: 23,113
                     
Your right, those commercials sucked didnt they?

Come back EVENTUALLY Cappy!! Ok this clearly was written back in a day when I still had faith..


Mase is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20
                     
Can I have - Maria A Sanchez Lorenzo?
Abandon is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Pamela Shriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Divorce Courts
Posts: 7,026
                     
Dear Santa, for years now I have been asking for that singles slam title.....Do I take it, you just aint gonna deliver.....

~Read Pam's Perspective: The Official PamProse Blog~
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
咖容Less's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 7,319
                     
Dokic coming back to top 30
Ivanovic entering top 40
Jankovic breaking into top 15

3 or 4 titles for SCG tennis, and lots of good results at Grand Slams

NO


Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
咖容Less is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
AlexB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,613
                     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDementieva
THat's one hell of a list!!
Mine would also be identical except for I would also wish for a Grand Slam title for Elena!
ok santa says 2 grand slams next year and 2 #1's so dementieva is good to go for 2005

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
AlexB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,613
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duleml
Dokic coming back to top 30
Ivanovic entering top 40
Jankovic breaking into top 15

3 or 4 titles for SCG tennis, and lots of good results at Grand Slams
santa told me thatt will happen in 2006

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
AlexB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,613
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Shriver
Dear Santa, for years now I have been asking for that singles slam title.....Do I take it, you just aint gonna deliver.....

santa told me he cannot perform miracles...sorry

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome