Well I'm not sure if it's as simple as that... maybe it is, and I'm just about to complicate it!
For one thing there are different kinds of power player. Although I would say all the following are power players, Monica (who Martina doesn't seem to have a problem with, let us say) is completely different player to Venus, as Venus is to Jennifer, as Jennifer is to Lindsay as Lindsay is to Serena etc.
Now if you want to add Daniela to the equation as a power player, therein you have a completely
different player once again. Martina wasn't beaten by power yesterday. Daniela (as with all those previously mentioned) has great timing in addition to the power. Martina got herself into right pickle from the outset by not asking Daniela any questions at all.
Players who have power as a weapon, are always going to be at an advantage against those who do... no matter what the level of play.
I really think you have to give each 'big babe' their due, and treat them differently. So....
1) It's too early to say that Martina has a 'complex' with Hantuchova; they hadn't met before yesterday's match.
2) Lindsay Davenport. They're fairly even in recent contests, which I think Davenport leads 3-2.
3) Does Venus "own" Martina? I don't think so....They haven't played as often as one might think these past couple of years, and again, while you'd probably make Venus the favourite in any contest, the outcome is by no means a certainty.
4) Serena Williams. Not owning Martina either, from what I can see.
5) Capriati. Now then.... particularly after what went down in Melbourne, you could say that Martina has what we can call "issues" with Capriati. Seems like wherever they're meeting, Jennifer is coming prepared, and knows too much. Jennifer's hitting shots on the run (with "interest") better than anyone.
Martina's game is less and less about dominating play (has it ever been, I think so... but that's perhaps debatable), but how Martina can casually toss in a 6-3 6-2 win over Monica (no slouch, obviously), then just wait
on the baseline (for what is a mystery) against Hantuchova are the questions which puzzle/worry me.
This isn't to deny that - like I metioned - power players will always be there asking Martina certain questions.... but I think that they are not the same question, and her inability to win BIG MATCHES... isn't to do with Power. I think Martina can handle power expertly, it's what's in her mind to do with it that power. It's about her. Her, inside.
Maybe then, I've just agreed with you!