A Limerick about the Serena/Jennifer controversy - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
JennyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: A galaxy far far Away
Posts: 2,960
                     
A Limerick about the Serena/Jennifer controversy

There once was a woman named Jen
Who had beaten Serena again
Some folks had the balls
to blame Serena's loss on bad calls
So J-Cap's fans hid out in Jenn's Den

The chair ump said she called the ball out
In response, Serena started to shout,
"That ball was so in,
You're gonna cost me a win."
That match felt like a title bout

How could the ump be so blind?
Maybe the gal lost her mind
She made a mistake
Cause her mind was on break
The fans wanted to spank her behind

Some folks put the blame on the Capster
As if the result was a major disaster
They ripped Jen apart
And broke the girl's heart
All they did was just bash and attack her

This controversy did upset her
But the truth is that Jen did play better
She was not a cheater
and deserved to beat her
and the win should have given Jen pleasure

Some forget that when Jen played Serena
At the French Jen thought that she had beat her
Jen's winning shot hit the line
The linesperson called it wide
But Jen did not change her demeaner

Even though Jen should have already won
Serena and Jen were told to play on
Serena didn't say at that moment
Give the match to my opponent
And how many bashed Serena? Well, None.

No one thinks team sports athletes should be
held accountable for the referees
but somehow in tennis
players are called a menace
All I have to say, it please!

Let the linesman and umps do their jobs
if player's don't speak up they're not snobs
should a student teach class?
should a coach catch the pass?
So let the players hit groundstrokes and lobs.
JennyS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
FanDeJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: ¿Donde más?
Posts: 941
                     
you need to let it go

Fan #1 de Jen Capriati
JEN IS ON HOLIDAY..since 2004


Yo si le voy, le voy a Capriati
FanDeJen is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
udachi Elena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 840
                     
Good work! I love your limericks keep up the good work! go jen!

ELENA

"I only have one good day every week -- otherwise I would be number one already."
-Elena Dementieva- Tokyo Champ 2006


Я никогда не стремилась стать первой ракеткой России. Моя цель - быть лучшей в мире. - Elena

GO ELENA!!!!


Gooo Martina! (just don't beat Elena)
Sometimes you get a sense of what moments can turn crucial, so you hold on them with all your might. You say to yourself, 'DIE, BUT WIN THIS POINT!' " by Elena DEMENTIEVA

15 October 1981
udachi Elena is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyS
There once was a woman named Jen
Who had beaten Serena again
Some folks had the balls
to blame Serena's loss on bad calls
So J-Cap's fans hid out in Jenn's Den

The chair ump said she called the ball out
In response, Serena started to shout,
"That ball was so in,
You're gonna cost me a win."
That match felt like a title bout

How could the ump be so blind?
Maybe the gal lost her mind
She made a mistake
Cause her mind was on break
The fans wanted to spank her behind

Some folks put the blame on the Capster
As if the result was a major disaster
They ripped Jen apart
And broke the girl's heart
All they did was just bash and attack her

This controversy did upset her
But the truth is that Jen did play better
She was not a cheater
and deserved to beat her
and the win should have given Jen pleasure

Some forget that when Jen played Serena
At the French Jen thought that she had beat her
Jen's winning shot hit the line
The linesperson called it wide
But Jen did not change her demeaner

Even though Jen should have already won
Serena and Jen were told to play on
Serena didn't say at that moment
Give the match to my opponent
And how many bashed Serena? Well, None.

No one thinks team sports athletes should be
held accountable for the referees
but somehow in tennis
players are called a menace
All I have to say, it please!

Let the linesman and umps do their jobs
if player's don't speak up they're not snobs
should a student teach class?
should a coach catch the pass?
So let the players hit groundstrokes and lobs.
All that and not the single use of the word "volley". Something is definitely wrong with the state of the game of women's tennis.

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:14 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
wow that's well clever.......they gonna teach you to colour between the lines next week?
SJW is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,294
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
wow that's well clever.......they gonna teach you to colour between the lines next week?
right after you learn how to be constructively critical. don't be absent!
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 323
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
right after you learn how to be constructively critical. don't be absent!
Are they going to teach her to spell that phrase first ?

Last edited by tennisfan22; Sep 14th, 2004 at 08:14 PM.
tennisfan22 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,843
                     
An essential component of limericks is humour.

sartrista7 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Senior Member
 
RedFilaJ-Cap#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,439
                     
That was awesome!!

Jelena Jankovic #1 and the BOMB DOT COM


Co Founder of the JJ Crew!!!:
:

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!!!:
RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 323
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartrista7
An essential component of limericks is humour.


write one as good as this and then we'll talk , k ?
tennisfan22 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:23 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
right after you learn how to be constructively critical. don't be absent!
it didn't deserve constructive criticism.
SJW is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:24 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan22
Are they going to teach her to spell that phrase first ?
after they teach you how to write a post correctly the first time around....
SJW is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:25 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartrista7
An essential component of limericks is humour.

then 99% of this board would be unable to carry out such a task.
SJW is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 323
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
after they teach you how to write a post correctly the first time around....
tennisfan22 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 323
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
then 99% of this board would be unable to carry out such a task.
let me guess , you and sat.... must be in the other 1 %
tennisfan22 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome