IIOM, or anybody else sick of hearing Agassi's foundation/school? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
IIOM, or anybody else sick of hearing Agassi's foundation/school?

Every Open. It was cute and interesting the first times. Now I can't help from May be there is something wrong with me.

And they give those kids lots of homework. Poor kids. I wonder do they pray to God Agassi and Goddess Graf.
Hulet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
esquímaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 釜を掘&
Posts: 15,244
                     
Very good deed from Andre. More ppl should invest in the future .

"誰も私を止める停が出来なかったか"
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Jedah Douma
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux
Very good deed from Andre. More ppl should invest in the future .
I don't doubt it's a good deed. I just don't like to be reminded how saintly his worship is.
Hulet is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
tennischick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: cerca de aquí
Posts: 5,730
                     
no-one calls him either saintly or his worship. it's nice to see a tennis player giving of his own money for a worthy cause. if other players did as much for their communities they woud get mentioned as often.

on this note, congrats to Chanda for being a genuine giver to her community as well. that too gets mentioned quite often -- as it shoud be.

"For now, Roddick seems to play with the intelligence of a fence post."
Greg Couch, Chicago Sun Times
tennischick is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
skanky~skanketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not paradise thats fo sho
Posts: 15,459
                     
nothing about andre bores me ....nothing except his horrendous wife!

skanky~skanketta is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eta psi
Every Open. It was cute and interesting the first times. Now I can't help from May be there is something wrong with me.

And they give those kids lots of homework. Poor kids. I wonder do they pray to God Agassi and Goddess Graf.
in the Words of Lionel Richie
"You're Once.....Twice......Three Times an I-D-I-O-T"

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Nope, why would one get tired of hearing about the good works of a philanthropist? You sickie!


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
kiwifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,740
                     
I just wish I was sick of hearing about 50-100 more charter school foundations just like his.

I've never been a fan of the player but I respect the man.

If your fave's coach isn't Richard Williams, that's just her first problem...

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennischick
no-one calls him either saintly or his worship. it's nice to see a tennis player giving of his own money for a worthy cause. if other players did as much for their communities they woud get mentioned as often.

on this note, congrats to Chanda for being a genuine giver to her community as well. that too gets mentioned quite often -- as it shoud be.
May be other players do a lot for their communities, but may be chose not to trumpet it for all to hear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by name_change
....nothing except his horrendous wife!
I am actually both a fan of both Andre and his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trineosereno
Nope, why would one get tired of hearing about the good works of a philanthropist? You sickie!
May be it's because I grew up with this teaching: "what your right hand gives, don't let your left hand know about it". Or something like that. I feel very uncomfortable when people advertise how much good they have done for the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan
I just wish I was sick of hearing about 50-100 more charter school foundations just like his.

I've never been a fan of the player but I respect the man.
As I said I appreciate what he really done for the children here, and respect him as a player and a man. I just thought he turned his charity into some kind of PR move. But, that's the cynical in me speaking.
Hulet is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
I don't think that Andre ever did it for the PR. Of course he's going to get attention for doing it... he's a big name. But this is the same guy who used to go down to local hospitals or whatever with bags of gifts on christmas back when he was absolutely nobody.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
(well, I don't think that Andre was every truly "nobody", but you know what I meant)
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 720
                     
Why would anyone criticize someone for doing a charity work. I'm sure that there are many celebrities with much more money than Agassi, who care shit for other less unfortunate people.
If they show it 50 more times, I wouldn't mind. It is inspirational. Who knows maybe another rich millionaire will be inspired by watching it and do something similar to what Agassi did.

GOOD LUCK

Venus
Serena
Guga


gweeny is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I don't think that Andre ever did it for the PR. Of course he's going to get attention for doing it... he's a big name. But this is the same guy who used to go down to local hospitals or whatever with bags of gifts on christmas back when he was absolutely nobody.
No, no, I don't doubt that he did it from the kindness of his heart. Just that he saw a good opportunity to promote his name or to get more attention with his charity for whatever reason. The charity comes first, then may be the PR.
Hulet is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
personally i think its cool that they talk about it alot. like someone else said i dont think pr is the reason behind what he is doing. i find it inspiring still. particularly with people like paris hilton around, its good to know that SOME people of means things do for other.

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeny
Why would anyone criticize someone for doing a charity work. I'm sure that there are many celebrities with much more money than Agassi, who care shit for other less unfortunate people.
If they show it 50 more times, I wouldn't mind. It is inspirational. Who knows maybe another rich millionaire will be inspired by watching it and do something similar to what Agassi did.
Again I am not criticizing him for doing a charity work. Despite what Lione Riche might say, I am not that idiot. I am just suffocated with the attention given to his charity every freaking open with the kids saying how grateful they are and how great agassi is. And, when I am suffocated, my mind starts to wonder.
Hulet is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome