Williams fans... - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,093
                     
Williams fans...

I started a thread earlier today about Venus and her loss...I was so pissed and disapointed...I said somethings that I really did not mean...I love her so much and know that she is capable of so much that it just pains me to see losing matches that she should win. I think as a fan of hers since her historic run at the '97 US Open, I guess I have been spoiled by her success...A poster said something about being a fan of her in every way...or being a fan of her success...Well, let me tell you I am a fan of VENUS WILLIAMS. Dont let a little rambling after a VERY disapointing loss let you question my love of Venus...

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Posts: 2,687
                     
She lost a match, get over it. If this loss effects you in your personal life or professional life seek help. It is not a big deal.
Shenanigans is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,389
                     
aww Cam I here ya (just ignore the hater)


I actually think this is good for Venus. It wasn't untill she got tired of losing in '99 that she decided to turn her game around you know?
CJ07 is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,911
                     
I hear ya!
Rocketta is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,093
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee
She lost a match, get over it. If this loss effects you in your personal life or professional life seek help. It is not a big deal.

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Posts: 2,687
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SMM-
aww Cam I here ya (just ignore the hater)


I actually think this is good for Venus. It wasn't untill she got tired of losing in '99 that she decided to turn her game around you know?

What the fuck, I am Venus hater? I saw the match, I do like Venus but in my humble opnion Venus was at her best when she came to net and did not do that nearly enough. Mary was just too strong from the back of the court.
Shenanigans is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,093
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
I hear ya!

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Snitch
 
Cam'ron Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Juelz Santana's bed
Posts: 16,093
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee
What the fuck, I am Venus hater? I saw the match, I do like Venus but in my humble opnion Venus was at her best when she came to net and did not do that nearly enough. Mary was just too strong from the back of the court.
Look, I got some interesting comments in my other thread so I decided to start this one to explain my actions to the WILLIAMS FANS that I offended...Why did you feel the need for the comment that you made?

Official Gangsta rappa of the Royal Court

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Black Mamba.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
                     
Cam I really appreciate you clearing that up
Black Mamba. is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Posts: 2,687
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles
Look, I got some interesting comments in my other thread so I decided to start this one to explain my actions to the WILLIAMS FANS that I offended...Why did you feel the need for the comment that you made?

Because there is so much expecation that they will win every match and that ain't gonna happen, they are not superhuman they cannot win everything. I also think it is right we criticise our favs sometimes (objectivlely) for the way they played a match
Shenanigans is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Hardiansf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 2,510
                     
Cam'ron... we all know what you feeling... I still and too
Just hope that this feeling will go away soon with their (Williamses) victories in another tournaments, especially in Slam.
Hardiansf is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,901
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee
She lost a match, get over it. If this loss effects you in your personal life or professional life seek help. It is not a big deal.
It was rude, but held a certain logic.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Junex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles
I started a thread earlier today about Venus and her loss...I was so pissed and disapointed...I said somethings that I really did not mean...I love her so much and know that she is capable of so much that it just pains me to see losing matches that she should win. I think as a fan of hers since her historic run at the '97 US Open, I guess I have been spoiled by her success...A poster said something about being a fan of her in every way...or being a fan of her success...Well, let me tell you I am a fan of VENUS WILLIAMS. Dont let a little rambling after a VERY disapointing loss let you question my love of Venus...

Good thing you realized that Cam, because i was so laughing at your post yesterday.

i thought its not you or maybe youre just being sarcastic cause i know you are a really die hard venus fan. but i understand its just the frustrations that made you said those things, but be happy cam maybe its just a good thing since this means a longer time for Vee to prepare for the USO.

i still really want a Juju-Venus matchup and i hope next time in the USO it will be realised, no matter the outcome i would be happy as long as the match-up would produce the champion.
Junex is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,163
                     
nice to see someone's support for a fave so strong, although i never liked venus, personally, but in arantxa's tough year, 1997, i still had faith and the 98 french was like a super blessing, maybe venus will someday make you proud again with a surprise slam near the end

It will always be Arantxa, hall of famer! and martina hingis and kim clijsters - amazing legends
ana ivanovic and the italian girls, especially pennetta (forza azzurre! RG CHAMP FRANCESCA AND FINALIST SARA!)
aga, vika, sam, na in the next tier
NEVER say "I don't care who wins, I just want good tennis"
FaceyFacem is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,063
                     
good to see. i think i started a thread once saying i hated patty after she lost 10 matches in a row but i quickly got over.

although jaygee said it in an inappropriate way i do subscribe to his sentiments. it is just a game, and we're not even playing it. you can let it hurt for an hour or so but then we need to move on.
switz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome