- after a strong/streaky clay season a couple years ago she just dropped out of the radar. She won PORTO, then didn't win 3 matches in a row for 2 years and retired.
- Go Figure that the WTA does a essay competition on the 'Up and Coming Players' a couple years ago. I wrote my essay on Iroda and my article was featured in the web page, at the home page along with one about Daniela Hantuchova. Well right after that Iroda's shoulder went BUST and she hasn't played since 2003. Her last match was 1st round loss at Sopot in August 2003. We are still waiting for a comeback. GO IRODA!
- She had an amazing run between Wimbledon and US Open a 14-4 run beating Farina Elia, Serna and Nagyova. After that she is yet to win 4 matches in a row...the most she's done since is winnng the 50K Fano title. And she's still in the ITF circuit, I'm hoping she reaches stride and her Mid 2001 form before calling it quits.
- Now this one really surprised me, and I think she just couldn't handle the expectation or the hype was ooo big that she realized she didn't have it. She's trying to re-hit the form that took her to the 2001 US Open Quarterfinals but I dont know if it was INJURY or a SLUMP that threw her off her game.
- Long Story Short, too much drama, too early of a start, family problems meddled with her tennis form and now she's trying to come back in and get in shape.
I don't like her on court attitude at all, but I believe she has retired or is floating around the ITF Europe Circuit. Last match I saw from this girl was versus Serena when she kept complaning about darkness.
- She's still floating around, she usually has one or two good WTA results that proivde her with great draws at ITF which boost her ranking which allows her to have the few good WTA results. This year it was Auckland and Berlin for her. I think she hit peak and how is making the best she can, so I wish her the best of luck!