Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62 - TennisForum.com
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By gonzo79
  • 2 Post By gonzo79
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gonzo79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Thessalonili
Posts: 1,258
                     
Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Maria through to play Wozniacki in R2
DropShotAce likes this.
gonzo79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Deep Inside of Me
Posts: 13,951
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Save the world please!
DropShotAce is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
MalJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,632
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Wozniaki vs Poots would have been fun

Poots got injured in the the third set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Venus easily
Konta has already turned into a pumpkin which she's been all her career
Konta reaches the semi final of the Australian open .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Oh honey, try winning a few more titles and becoming mor relevant first. This feels premature, to say the least..
Muguruza wins a slam two weeks later.......
MalJackson is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gonzo79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Thessalonili
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalJackson View Post
Wozniaki vs Poots would have been fun

Poots got injured in the the third set.
It was fun in the 1st set when Maria was serving and Yulia took a random slow walk to have a chat with the umpire for no good reason in the middle of the game and Maria got fired up from that moment on, to be honest she was flat and passive until that point, 61 speaks for itself...I think Yulia's antics worked against her in this occasion
Zatonsko and Luca Van Diesel like this.
gonzo79 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
 
MalJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,632
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo79 View Post
It was fun in the 1st set when Maria was serving and Yulia took a random slow walk to have a chat with the umpire for no good reason in the middle of the game and Maria got fired up from that moment on, to be honest she was flat and passive until that point, 61 speaks for itself...I think Yulia's antics worked against her in this occasion


Sakkari never gives up no matter what the scoreline, for that i applaud her.

Although Poots really should have won this in straights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Venus easily
Konta has already turned into a pumpkin which she's been all her career
Konta reaches the semi final of the Australian open .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Oh honey, try winning a few more titles and becoming mor relevant first. This feels premature, to say the least..
Muguruza wins a slam two weeks later.......
MalJackson is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Luca Van Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,041
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo79 View Post
It was fun in the 1st set when Maria was serving and Yulia took a random slow walk to have a chat with the umpire for no good reason in the middle of the game and Maria got fired up from that moment on, to be honest she was flat and passive until that point, 61 speaks for itself...I think Yulia's antics worked against her in this occasion
lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisons View Post
LAST bet for 3 weeks, going to Japan the week after.

3K on Pav tomorrow against Sarita.
Vamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisons View Post
I am taking a long break now. Reached my goal of 2x,xxx today . gl from now on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisons View Post
She won this, Vinci has nothing to hurt her.
Vinci d. Benčič 6-4 6-3
Luca Van Diesel is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
the mixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,538
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

So did Yulia's injury lead to the loss or was it just her current poor form?

Disappointed to miss a grudge match with Wozniacki, though the way she's playing it's maybe just as well.
the mixer is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
gmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,801
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Maria

Qualifiers are 4/4 today

Sharapova
Azarenka Kerber
Zvonareva Pavlyuchenkova Sakkari Muguruza Goerges Wickmayer Halep Kuznetsova Ostapenko Shvedova Kasatkina Bencic Kanepi Svitolina Cirstea Tsurenko Sevastova Vekic
Dementieva Clijsters Petrova
gmak is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Dark, you can't come soon enough for me
 
Victim Noises.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down a rabbit hole
Posts: 41,167
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

I really enjoy Sakkari's fighting attitude!

V.HavartsovaM.RybárikováK.SiniakováS.WilliamsK.MladenovićE.VesninaP.KvitováA.Kalinskaya
D.VekićD.CibulkováD.KasatkinaA.OstapenkoA.SabalenkaKr.&Ka.PlíškováA.RadwańskaA.Pavlyuchenkova

Suicide Champion: 2017 Wuhan; 2016 US Open, Singapore; 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2015 US Open; 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Singles Champion: 2017 Miami; 2015 100k Poitiers; 2011 25k Mildura
QUEEN ZHENYA 4 LIFE!!
Victim Noises. is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
C. W. Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,295
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo79 View Post
Maria through to play Wozniacki in R2
Interesting little twist there; Sakkari's current coach is Wozniacki's former coach, Thomas Johansson.

Madison Brengle: "I'd rather chew on a pinecone than play this match (against Wozniacki)."
Nicole Melichar: "Do you want me to go find you one?"
C. W. Fields is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MalJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,632
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mixer View Post
So did Yulia's injury lead to the loss or was it just her current poor form?

Disappointed to miss a grudge match with Wozniacki, though the way she's playing it's maybe just as well.
She wasnt moving great in the 3rd set, some kind of leg injury. Called the trainer twice, took a medical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Venus easily
Konta has already turned into a pumpkin which she's been all her career
Konta reaches the semi final of the Australian open .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Oh honey, try winning a few more titles and becoming mor relevant first. This feels premature, to say the least..
Muguruza wins a slam two weeks later.......
MalJackson is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Jonah Leon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,899
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

With this one, Maria will achieve her new career high ranking next week and finally breaking the Top 70. You can really see her game coming together. No she's not Kvitova or Muguruza, but slowly she's starting to add a little bit more aggression to her game while sustaining the consistency that she has. She's a good mover, doesn't really have any weakness, is an all-court player and of course she's a big fighter. I've always predicted to trajectory upwards to be slow but steady. She's still quite young, I would be surprised if isn't a solid Top 20 player in a few years.

For this match, you could see Poots is the more experienced player in the beginning, just much steadier. But Sakkari's finds ways to win matches and in this case, she found a good balance between aggression and control and she steadily improved as the match went on until the end where she looked completely superior to her opponent. The disparity in potential between these two was evident. No I don't think Sakkari will beat Wozniacki next but give it 5 years, Sakkari will beat everyone.

Julia Goerges
Timea Babos

Last edited by Jonah Leon; Sep 24th, 2017 at 04:34 PM.
Jonah Leon is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
MalJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,632
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah Leon View Post
With this one, Maria will achieve her new career high ranking next week and finally breaking the Top 70. You can really see her game coming together. No she's not Kvitova or Muguruza, but slowly she's starting to add a little bit more aggression to her game while sustaining the consistency that she has. She's a good mover, doesn't really have any weakness, is an all-court player and of course she's a big fighter. I've always predicted to trajectory upwards to be slow but steady. She's still quite young, I would be surprised if isn't a solid Top 20 player in a few years.

For this match, you could see Poots is the more experienced player in the beginning, just much steadier. But Sakkari's finds ways to win matches and in this case, she found a good balance between aggression and control and she steadily improved as the match went on until the end where she looked completely superior to her opponent. The disparity in potential between these two was evident. No I don't think Sakkari will beat Wozniacki next but give it 5 years, Sakkari will beat everyone.


:s pit:
MalJackson is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2017, 04:40 AM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,848
                     
Re: Wuhan Round 1: M.Sakkari def. Y.Putintseva 16 64 62

Apparently the chair umpire told Poots to stop speaking rudely to the ball kids in the match. She needs to get a grip.
tucker1989 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome