What is going on?!? - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
kabuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In denial
Posts: 6,176
                     
What is going on?!?

I am new to this forum, and I am shocked. So many of the posts are rude, disrespectful, and downright disgusting. I cannot believe that people cannot politely disagree about favorite players and tennis matches. Not to be sanctimonious, but the venom displayed in some of these threads is emblematic of the greater problems that our World suffers from. I would like to propose a little more civility, and a little less evil.
kabuki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,013
                     
I'm not one of them, but those sickies you sick of are going to enjoy bad repping you.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
vettipooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,076
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki
I am new to this forum, and I am shocked. So many of the posts are rude, disrespectful, and downright disgusting. I cannot believe that people cannot politely disagree about favorite players and tennis matches. Not to be sanctimonious, but the venom displayed in some of these threads is emblematic of the greater problems that our World suffers from. I would like to propose a little more civility, and a little less evil.
Wrong place for that,buddy!!!!

Venus and Serena.....2012 Grand Slam Champions!
The Greatest Ever Grand Slam Team, Does It Again!!!!

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Leo_DFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 6,947
                     
It's been worse.
Leo_DFP is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
kabuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In denial
Posts: 6,176
                     
That's scary.
kabuki is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Dave B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,541
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustIncredible
I'm not one of them, but those sickies you sick of are going to enjoy bad repping you.
hehehe, I doubt all. Probably everyone that reads this will be convinced that they are talking about other people and not them

Tennis Tipping Doubles with FaceyFacem
Champion: Cincinnati (2011), Luxembourg (2010), Bayamon (2010), Pozoblanco (2010), Strasbourg (2009)
Finals: Edgbaston (2013), Stanford (2011), Roland Garros (2011), Budapest (2011), Kuala Lumpur (2011), Rome Tiro A Volo (2010), Khanty-Mansiysk (2010), Dothan (2009), Boston (2009), Komoro (2009
Dave B is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
igost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 729
                     
Different people have different ways to express their feelings. Level of education, age, background, lifestyle - all contribute to that. Best you can do is ignore posts that offend you. Worst - get into war of words with offenders (in this case you basically acknowledge their tactics as legit).

There is no censorship here, boards like this are pretty much self-regulated. I would say the overall level of posts on this board is much higher than, for example, in some hockey-related boards.
igost is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 3,167
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki
Not to be sanctimonious
We don't want to hear that shit. All we care about is who is your fave. Please state it so I can bad rep you. Better yet, I'll do it anyway.
Ballbuster is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:31 AM
htm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: US
Posts: 205
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbuster
We don't want to hear that shit. All we care about is who is your fave. Please state it so I can bad rep you. Better yet, I'll do it anyway.

Must be a Maria fan You know their feelings get hurt so easy. I bit shes a white girls she sure sounds like one. Why don't you go pick some daisys. Oh and welcome.
htm is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbuster
We don't want to hear that shit. All we care about is who is your fave. Please state it so I can bad rep you. Better yet, I'll do it anyway.
we're all afraid of a ballbuster bad rep
take 10 points away

if you want to know about how things get "rude, disrespectful, and downright disgusting" i'll just leave something to the imagination, but i'll let you know that ballbuster was just unbanned...
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 3,167
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
we're all afraid of a ballbuster bad rep
take 10 points away

if you want to know about how things get "rude, disrespectful, and downright disgusting" i'll just leave something to the imagination, but i'll let you know that ballbuster was just unbanned...
you need to take your dumb ass to the library and study harder instead of draining your parents pockets from all those finances they have been paying toward your education......and you have been bringing home F's.

Straight F's at that.
Ballbuster is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
country flag Doc
Senior Member
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The consulting room
Posts: 3,061
                     
There is an icon to the left of the page. the warning sign, that you can use to complain about particularly offensive posts.

Posts critical of players are legitimate in my opinion if based on facts and argued civilly and without malice. However some posters, two of whom are here, seem to revel in abusing players, and wishing them ill, which I do not believe has any place on a tennis forum.

Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Elena Dementieva,

Victoria Azarenka, Dinara Safina, Maria Kirilenko

Nadia Petrova, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic.

0026..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl .... Official Political Advisor to the Maria Mafia.
Doc is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:50 AM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbuster
you need to take your dumb ass to the library and study harder instead of draining your parents pockets from all those finances they have been paying toward your education......and you have been bringing home F's.

Straight F's at that.
straight F's
i can fax you my report cards, but i think you already feel sorry enough for yourself
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
htm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: US
Posts: 205
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
There is an icon to the left of the page. the warning sign, that you can use to complain about particularly offensive posts.

Posts critical of players are legitimate in my opinion if based on facts and argued civilly and without malice. However some posters, two of whom are here, seem to revel in abusing players, and wishing them ill, which I do not believe has any place on a tennis forum.

Nobody her wished anybody illness your just making that up, but I know your making me ill with your constant crying you big ass baby you just don't want us hear like you don't want the WS in tennis. You just hate us reminding you of what type of people you are.
htm is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sunny and rainy.Florida!!
Posts: 4,742
                     
WELCOME TO WTAWORLD!!!

lol

ARANTXA SANCHEZ-VICARIO...Tennis legend in body and heart!

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome