Rate players in talent on a scale of 1-10 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 261
                     
Rate players in talent on a scale of 1-10

Maria Sharapove 10 ( i have never seen anyone nearly as talented )

Serena Williams 9 ( she would have done just as well had she taken up any other sport.)

Venus Williams 8 ( A shame she didn't get as good genes as Serena)

Henin 9 (she's so naturally talented. Everything she does is a thing of beauty)

Clijsters 4 (she must have worked damn hard off her butt to get there. now time is running out unfortunately)

Capriati 3 (when she made her debut at 13, she was much more talented but now she lost it all.. )

Davenport 7 ( to everyone's surprise, she's actually talented. Both of her parents used to play basketball or voellyball not too sure but she's been too lazy and eaten too much to get as big as she is all her life)

Dementieve 6 (dunno her game well but she seems like a talented girl)

Sprem 2 (just a good example of an overrated player)

Hantuchove 9 ( she's damn talented. everyone would kill for her talent let alone her beauty)

Tamarine 8 (she's actually awfully talented but she's yet to live up to it.. time's running out for her as well, C'mon Tammy!)

Frazier 8 (she's serectly very very talented. Look at her ground strokes. Nobody can control such flat shots as well as she does. If only her serve were much better n consistent... a shame with palms together)

Molic 1 (she's all serve. Without it, even me can play toe to toe with her)

well more to come later.
iloveazza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
thelittlestelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,377
                     
Clijsters 4 and Capriati 3?!?! Sprem 2?!?!?!?!

Kim Clijsters is very talented, she hits almost every shot well.

I really can't believe you gave Capriati a 3! Capriati is among the MOST talented players EVER! You don't win 3 grand slams with that little talent.

Sprem may not be as talented as some, but nonetheless is very talented.

Anyway, I probably should shut up as it is your opinion but I just cant keep my mouth shut.

Btw I don't think anyone is surprised to how talented Lindsay Davenport is--- the reason she does so well is because she uses ALL of her talent.

VENUSWILLIAMS

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline  
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Posts: 422
                     
Now this is a better thread

I have to agree that sharapova is the most talent player I have ever seen.
Ivan C is offline  
post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Senior Member
 
thelittlestelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,377
                     
I think Hingis is the most talented player I have ever seen, and on tour right now probably Justine is the most talented (even though I'm not very fond of her I still have to admit it). Maria is up there, though.

VENUSWILLIAMS

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline  
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Peer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 997
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveazza
Maria Sharapove 10 ( i have never seen anyone nearly as talented )

Serena Williams 9 ( she would have done just as well had she taken up any other sport.)

Venus Williams 8 ( A shame she didn't get as good genes as Serena)

Henin 9 (she's so naturally talented. Everything she does is a thing of beauty)

Clijsters 4 (she must have worked damn hard off her butt to get there. now time is running out unfortunately)

Capriati 3 (when she made her debut at 13, she was much more talented but now she lost it all.. )

Davenport 7 ( to everyone's surprise, she's actually talented. Both of her parents used to play basketball or voellyball not too sure but she's been too lazy and eaten too much to get as big as she is all her life)

Dementieve 6 (dunno her game well but she seems like a talented girl)

Sprem 2 (just a good example of an overrated player)

Hantuchove 9 ( she's damn talented. everyone would kill for her talent let alone her beauty)

Tamarine 8 (she's actually awfully talented but she's yet to live up to it.. time's running out for her as well, C'mon Tammy!)

Frazier 8 (she's serectly very very talented. Look at her ground strokes. Nobody can control such flat shots as well as she does. If only her serve were much better n consistent... a shame with palms together)

Molic 1 (she's all serve. Without it, even me can play toe to toe with her)

well more to come later.

Karolina an overrated player

Id like to see u get to 20 in the world

GO SHAHAR!



SHAHAR PEER




Maria Fernanda Alvarez Terran [bolivia]
Iri Tulyaganova is Back!
Peer101 is offline  
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,655
                     
Not another bashing thread!
Frank is offline  
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:54 PM
blurring the lines between the real and the fake
 
V-MAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 25,403
                     
Chanda Rubin:
Talent: 10 Self belief/Confidence: 4
I have no doubt whatsoever that Chanda is one of the most talented players on the tour and is a terrific all-rounder.She just doesn't have the confidence to match which is a real shame and this prevents her from winning multiple slams.

Venus Williams
Talent: 10 Self belief/Confidence: 6 but is rising again (back in 2000, Venus would have 10 of course but she is starting to feel more confident again)

I still think that Venus is more talented than Serena..........we will see this again soon enough, Vee will prove she is the world's best tennis player.

Jelena Dokic
Talent: 8 (she just needs to rediscover it) Self belief/Confidence: -2
I'm not sure where Jelena can go from here,seems she is forever lost in a never-ending slump.shame coz she was a beauty to watch when she was playing her best tennis a few years back.

V-MAC is online now  
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 61
                     
It's amazing how quickly people jump on the Sharapova bandwagon! I don't see how you can rate her as the most talented player based on one tournament's performance! And is belting the ball as hard as you can every shot really a talent? I think Capriati and Davenport are the cleanest strikers of the ball in the game, to hit so cleanly is certainly a talent. I think Mauresmo and Henin have the most natural talent and can play all the shots.

US Open Predictions: J-Cap, Davenport or Mauresmo to take the title!
sixthjude is offline  
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 261
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC
Chanda Rubin:
Talent: 10 Self belief/Confidence: 4
I have no doubt whatsoever that Chanda is one of the most talented players on the tour and is a terrific all-rounder.She just doesn't have the confidence to match which is a real shame and this prevents her from winning multiple slams.

Venus Williams
Talent: 10 Self belief/Confidence: 6 but is rising again (back in 2000, Venus would have 10 of course but she is starting to feel more confident again)

I still think that Venus is more talented than Serena..........we will see this again soon enough, Vee will prove she is the world's best tennis player.

Jelena Dokic
Talent: 8 (she just needs to rediscover it) Self belief/Confidence: -2
I'm not sure where Jelena can go from here,seems she is forever lost in a never-ending slump.shame coz she was a beauty to watch when she was playing her best tennis a few years back.

I agree with you except on Dokic, who I reckon is way less talented than ppl make her out to be. She just doesn't know how to use brains on the court. All she does is bang bang bang with the "who cares where they are going" attitude. I would give her 3 or 4 (when I'm in a good mood).
iloveazza is offline  
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
thelittlestelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,377
                     
I agree, Venus IS more talented than Serena. If she just used some of that talent to improve that forehand and second serve .

VENUSWILLIAMS

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline  
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
rommel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: philippines
Posts: 1,472
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveazza
Maria Sharapove 10 ( i have never seen anyone nearly as talented )

Serena Williams 9 ( she would have done just as well had she taken up any other sport.)

Venus Williams 8 ( A shame she didn't get as good genes as Serena)

Henin 9 (she's so naturally talented. Everything she does is a thing of beauty)

Clijsters 4 (she must have worked damn hard off her butt to get there. now time is running out unfortunately)

Capriati 3 (when she made her debut at 13, she was much more talented but now she lost it all.. )

Davenport 7 ( to everyone's surprise, she's actually talented. Both of her parents used to play basketball or voellyball not too sure but she's been too lazy and eaten too much to get as big as she is all her life)

Dementieve 6 (dunno her game well but she seems like a talented girl)

Sprem 2 (just a good example of an overrated player)

Hantuchove 9 ( she's damn talented. everyone would kill for her talent let alone her beauty)

Tamarine 8 (she's actually awfully talented but she's yet to live up to it.. time's running out for her as well, C'mon Tammy!)

Frazier 8 (she's serectly very very talented. Look at her ground strokes. Nobody can control such flat shots as well as she does. If only her serve were much better n consistent... a shame with palms together)

Molic 1 (she's all serve. Without it, even me can play toe to toe with her)

well more to come later.
pretty much how you define talent.. i think kim is talented.. shes very coordinated when she plays.. her anticipation is also very good.. she hits the ball clean.. maria? dunno i think henin, mauresmo and hingis are ALOT more talented..
rommel99 is offline  
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:04 PM
country flag xan
Senior Member
 
xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 5,810
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthjude
It's amazing how quickly people jump on the Sharapova bandwagon! I don't see how you can rate her as the most talented player based on one tournament's performance! And is belting the ball as hard as you can every shot really a talent? I think Capriati and Davenport are the cleanest strikers of the ball in the game, to hit so cleanly is certainly a talent. I think Mauresmo and Henin have the most natural talent and can play all the shots.
It's amazing how many people jump on the Sharapova-knocking bandwagon with zero knowledge of what they're talking about. You may have watched just one tournament, but don't think the same of everyone else.

Some of the greats of the sport were saying that Sharapova was uniquely talented years ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline  
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
LindsayRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beautiful Florida
Posts: 2,961
                     
Sharapova may be talented, but she's NOTHING compared to Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Kim, Justine, Jennifer, and the list goes on and on...

LINDSAY DAVENPORT
Mary Pierce-----Monica Seles-----Martina Hingis
LindsayRulez is offline  
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 61
                     
I did not say I have only watched Sharapova play in one tournament! I said you cannot say she is the most talented based on one tournament's performance! Apart from Wimbledon, occasions when Sharapova has shown her talent have not been very regular! I have seen her play many times without being hugely impressed! She displayed a lot of talent at Wimbledon this year, but you cannot say she is the most talented player around until she gets some more big wins and more titles under her belt! I am in no way knocking her, don't be so defensive!

US Open Predictions: J-Cap, Davenport or Mauresmo to take the title!
sixthjude is offline  
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
LindsayRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beautiful Florida
Posts: 2,961
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthjude
I did not say I have only watched Sharapova play in one tournament! I said you cannot say she is the most talented based on one tournament's performance! Apart from Wimbledon, occasions when Sharapova has shown her talent have not been very regular! I have seen her play many times without being hugely impressed! She displayed a lot of talent at Wimbledon this year, but you cannot say she is the most talented player around until she gets some more big wins and more titles under her belt! I am in no way knocking her, don't be so defensive!
well said! People think we are judging her just based on one tournament, which if anything, is what they are doing. I've seen her play many times, not just at Wimbledon.

It seems that this iloveazza character likes to start threads so he can praise sharapova and disrespect other players in the process; I'm willing to bet he/she is no older than...13

LINDSAY DAVENPORT
Mary Pierce-----Monica Seles-----Martina Hingis
LindsayRulez is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome