Originally Posted by JollyRoger
Lets do a Little Logical Hypothetical Here:
1) As you, lizchris, and some others seem to virtually DEMAND, a W/S never loses (except To The Other One).
2) The racists Come Crawling Out Of their caves, talking about some "unfair Athletic Advantage" blacks have (and imply that its OK to discrimate IRL because a black can always hit the gym and get rich As A pro athlete). And
that blacks Are Almost Another species.
I fucking GUARANTEE you that if the W/S had won all 19 Slams from the '99 USO Through This RG (which, and don't BS me, is what you REALLY Wish Would Have Happened) so would the racial crap I described above. Once again, they're human beings, not Robocops!
Hypothetical is correct. Logical is questionable.
1. I've never "demanded" that the sisters lose to each other. How can I possibly have any effect on the outcome of their matches? I would prefer that they only lose to each other, but it would be illogical on my part to think that that is going to happen all of the time.
2. I don't even see how your No. 2 applies to my opening statement or to me. In fact, I don't understand what you are trying to say or what it has to do with anything in this topic. Are you trying to say that I cry racism when they are accused of being athletically superior and then cry when they don't win? If I see a racist remark, I'll call a person on it, but I have a right to feel sad that my favorite didn't make to through to the finals or win, like everyone else. I don't get why you seem to be angry that I'm sad Vee and Rena lost. Please tell me how I'm supposed to behave. I'm just curious.
3. Okay, who doesn't wish their favorite has won every slam or wins every slam and tournament they enter
, but if they did would the wins they do get be as sweet? I never asserted that they weren't human. They are just damned better than they played and they lost to two people who are not in my opinion worthy to beat them. Obviously they played badly. I know Venus did. I didn't see Serena's match, but according to everyone else both Serena and JenCap played badly with tons of UFE's, Jen just came out with less errors and won.
Therefore, to answer all the posts prior to and after the one I'm responding to, yes I think it was a day of upsets. There is no way Myskina is good enough to beat Venus. Venus had a day wrought with errors and lack of concentration and Myskina got lucky to catch her on that day. JenCap is good and she always gives Serena a run for her money, but Serena has been out of competition for a while and JenCap has a new coach whose lit a fire in her belly, but it's still an upset seeing as how Serena owned her for 8 matches in the last 10 they've played. Even if Amelie was nervous she is too good to let the likes of Dementiava beat her on a bad day. And last but not least I like Paola, but she is far from being as good as Sharapova whether on clay or not. Sharapova was nervous, because her groundstrokes far outweigh Paola on a bad day.
So, with that said, in my opinion it was a day of upsets.