Capriati says..... - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Capriati says.....

Things started looking ominous when Serena held for 5-4, but Jennifer held her nerve, saved two more break points and closed out the match. "I think Serena started playing well too late in the match," Jennifer said after her surprise victory, which ends a long run of defeats against the younger of the Williams sisters.

So before Serena wasnt playing well and she started to do it too late. Thanks for the confirmation Jen, it explains a lot.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium
Posts: 6,834
                     
Quote:
Williams looked very comfortable in the early stages of the match, losing just three points in her opening four service games, while forcing Capriati to fend off three break points.

N N




~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
GermanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mr. Vain! :-)
Posts: 9,284
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
So before Serena wasnt playing well and she started to do it too late. Thanks for the confirmation Jen, it explains a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding


Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Tennisfan-Mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 32,810
                     
Hy Cybelle

Tennisfan-Mtl is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 08:31 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,997
                     
Awww..how sad!


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,138
                     
wow, some people are really sore losers
thanks jen, for giving serena FULL CREDIT on winning THREE games in a row. magnificent feat!!!
faboozadoo15 is online now  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
jenny161185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,880
                     
Grow up - a wins a win -

Tennis / Music / Film
jenny161185 is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
wow, some people are really sore losers
thanks jen, for giving serena FULL CREDIT on winning THREE games in a row. magnificent feat!!!
Serena is not a sore loser! Geezus you people come up with more lies than Osama.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny161185
- a wins a win -
this i agree with.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 584
                     
Since when has someone lost 6-4 6-4 (almost 6-1) playing well?
Eurotennisfan is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Day-Dreaming
Posts: 7,816
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
Serena is not a sore loser! Geezus you people come up with more lies than Osama.
I believe he was talking about you.


"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2




Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Veritas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,895
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
So before Serena wasnt playing well and she started to do it too late. Thanks for the confirmation Jen, it explains a lot.
Y'know, threads/comments like that are exactly the reason why so many people here resent Serena and Venus.
Veritas is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Senior Member
 
hollywood7172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 90028
Posts: 1,095
                     
cybelle, at first your reaction to jennifer's win annoyed me. now i just feel sorry for you. you are so insecure, so narrow-minded, and so full of resentment. it's really sad.

first you react to jen's win by saying it's no big deal, serena was injured, blahblah blah, please don't be starting all these threads about the win... then you say that jenny's gonna lose to momo anyway tomorrow (repeatedly). and now, hours later, after researching interviews and probably thinking about the incident the entire time, you've come up with a new explanation, for this OH SO TRIVIAL AND UNIMPORTANT WIN: serena didn't play well!!! why of course!! such an original explanation too. why hadn't i thought of that? losing because of not playing well is such a rarity. thanx for reminding me capriati!! yes we all know the partyline in the williams-fanclub is that, if they play well, the williamses are unbeatable. and if they lose, it's because they were not playing well. so, in other words, they are the best when they win, and even when they lose they are still the best, because, unlike ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO LOSE BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT PLAYING WELL, the williamses not playing well and losing is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

you know, serena is the undisputed number 1 right now. she has a career slam. i think she is amazing and many other nonfans do too. she has won the last 8 meetings with jen. and jen hasn't had a good win in a long time. can't you just find it in your bitter, bitter heart to let capriati have the spotlight for 2 seconds, or AT LEAST don't ruin the parade of her fans??

you acting in a gracious manner, instead of being a sore loser about all this, would have given the williams fans a chance to show that they can be classy, mature fans too. instead, you fell right into the trap. and considering your not a teenager, this is especially distressing.

hollywood's girls:




ana ivanovic daniela hantuchova jelena jankovic martina hingis


and... jennifer capriati !!
hollywood7172 is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2004, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtael
I believe he was talking about you.
Then he is a fool because I did not win nor lose because I did not play.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2004, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood7172
cybelle, at first your reaction to jennifer's win annoyed me. now i just feel sorry for you. you are so insecure, so narrow-minded, and so full of resentment. it's really sad.

first you react to jen's win by saying it's no big deal, serena was injured, blahblah blah, please don't be starting all these threads about the win... then you say that jenny's gonna lose to momo anyway tomorrow (repeatedly). and now, hours later, after researching interviews and probably thinking about the incident the entire time, you've come up with a new explanation, for this OH SO TRIVIAL AND UNIMPORTANT WIN: serena didn't play well!!! why of course!! such an original explanation too. why hadn't i thought of that? losing because of not playing well is such a rarity. thanx for reminding me capriati!! yes we all know the partyline in the williams-fanclub is that, if they play well, the williamses are unbeatable. and if they lose, it's because they were not playing well. so, in other words, they are the best when they win, and even when they lose they are still the best, because, unlike ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO LOSE BECAUSE THEY WERE THE INFERIOR PLAYER IN THAT MATCH, the williamses not playing well and losing is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

you know, serena is the undisputed number 1 right now. she has a career slam. i think she is amazing and many other nonfans do too. she has won the last 8 meetings with jen. and jen hasn't had a good win in a long time. can't you just find it in your bitter, bitter heart to let capriati have the spotlight for 2 seconds, or AT LEAST don't ruin the parade of her fans??

you acting in a gracious manner, instead of being a sore loser about all this, would have given the williams fans a chance to show that they can be classy, mature fans too. instead, you fell right into the trap. and considering your not a teenager, this is especially distressing.
You are a skank. Go crawl back in your hole, troll. You dont deserve anything more with the blatant lies you tell. I did not say that serena lost because of an injury once but I guess you just make up anything you want in order to prove your pathetic points.

Serena lost. She has lost before and will lose again. She did not play well enough to win and jen outplayed her. I thought that was freaking obvious.

I also do not have a partyline. Maybe you are subject to the group think of your mindless player fanbase but I am not. I supported venus and serena before this site and I will support them after and thats what this site is about. Its not about stroking your freaking fragile egos. Oh you dont congragulate my fav, youre so mean. Get a life and grow up.

This is sports and I can cheer or support or boo who I want just like you do.

Unlike you rabid blabbling fans I keep it in perspective. Jen beating Serena (finally) is good for her but is it a freaking comeback? Please! I swear you all jump up and down and choke on your own spit when jen shows holds serve as it its a comeback. So she holds serve and loses the match. yeah thats some comeback. So she wins the semi and loses the final, yeah way to go with that comeback.

IF she wins the tournament thats something to call a comeback but of course you cheer when manages to tie her shoelaces.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome