Venus vs. Eleni - TennisForum.com

View Poll Results: Who Will Win This Second Round Match?
Venus in 2 sets 71 76.34%
Eleni in 2 sets 1 1.08%
Venus in 3 sets 9 9.68%
Eleni in 3 sets 6 6.45%
Who cares? 6 6.45%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Question Venus vs. Eleni

Whod do you thin is going to win?

Last edited by lizchris; May 4th, 2004 at 09:22 PM.
lizchris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

I say Venus in straight sets because Eleni was extended to three sets and I think she was down a break in the last set.
lizchris is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yAkUlt lAnd
Posts: 1,334
                     
I think that as she did in her other 2 tournies, she would lose the first set then steamroll in the next 2 sets
7~LV3 is offline  
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Belgium = Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,217
                     
Venus in 2 sets


GO BELGIAN BABES!!!!!
Especially Kim

Sandrine Van Handenhoven

Go to www.sandrinesite.tk

Belgium = Best is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
daniela86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Svilajnac
Posts: 18,282
                     
My heart says Eleni in 2 but my brain says Venus 2 sets (very easily)

Maria Sharapova
Krunic~~ Ivanovic ~~ Jovanovski ~~ Stojanovic~Jorovic
Putintseva~~Robson ~~Hingis~~ Svitolina ~~ Pavlyuchenkova~~ Rybarikova~~ Halep~~Pervak~~Kulichkova~~Kirilenko~~Mladenovic
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina Pliskova ~~Krystina Pliskova
daniela86 is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
ghosts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stuttgart
Posts: 25,931
                     
Venus easily this time


My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<








ghosts is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,733
                     
I like WHO CARES!

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,843
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
I like WHO CARES!
Do you not care whether Venus wins or not?

Venus, straight sets... Eleni's not great on clay and I'm pissed off that she beat Tati today. A Tati vs Venus match would have been very exciting.

Venus is just in stunning form now, and I doubt it'll end here.
sartrista7 is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,733
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartrista7
Do you not care whether Venus wins or not?

Venus, straight sets... Eleni's not great on clay and I'm pissed off that she beat Tati today. A Tati vs Venus match would have been very exciting.

Venus is just in stunning form now, and I doubt it'll end here.
I didn't say i didn't care if VENUS win/loses I like the Choice....WHO CARES, mainly b/c these type of threads SPAM up the board.

On the contrary to your post, I don't think Venus is in STUNNING form, she's rounding out her form....i say around Wimbledon, she hits her stride. But wouldn't mind Stunning heading into the 2nd week of the French.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
I like WHO CARES!
I put that in for two reasons:

1) I know there are people who don't care for Venus and/or her fans and don't care whether she wins or loses and

2) There is one poster on this board who infests my posts with his inane and insipid posts and I wanted to bait him and I think I did.
lizchris is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,843
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
I didn't say i didn't care if VENUS win/loses I like the Choice....WHO CARES, mainly b/c these type of threads SPAM up the board.

On the contrary to your post, I don't think Venus is in STUNNING form, she's rounding out her form....i say around Wimbledon, she hits her stride. But wouldn't mind Stunning heading into the 2nd week of the French.
Well... I haven't seen her play, and I don't think she's back to anywhere near her 2000-01 form... but last week she beat a player who's been playing like a top ten player all year, and who beat her a few months ago, very easily. Maybe not stunning form, but very good form. Good enough to handle Eleni, and everyone up to Petrova and Clijsters. Then, we will see.
sartrista7 is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,733
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
I put that in for two reasons:

1) I know there are people who don't care for Venus and/or her fans and don't care whether she wins or loses and

2) There is one poster on this board who infests my posts with his inane and insipid posts and I wanted to bait him and I think I did.
Cool, glad you were successful...

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartrista7
Well... I haven't seen her play, and I don't think she's back to anywhere near her 2000-01 form... but last week she beat a player who's been playing like a top ten player all year, and who beat her a few months ago, very easily. Maybe not stunning form, but very good form. Good enough to handle Eleni, and everyone up to Petrova and Clijsters. Then, we will see.
The way Nadia played today convinced me that Venus could beat her easily. She just won her match today, but she was struggling against a person who she could have beaten easily.

Last edited by lizchris; May 4th, 2004 at 04:26 PM.
lizchris is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,490
                     
I love Eleni but she sucks something awful on clay Venus shouldn't have any problems with her.
Hawk is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: watching the trees
Posts: 852
                     
Venus in 2 sets under an hour.
hewittrok is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome