1) She played every godamn week, injured or not. There's every chance she's suffered some kind of chronic condition
2) She's caught up in political crap. it SEEMED, and I'm saying seemed because I have no proof, only a bunch of odd coincidences, that her prize money was going to fund some questionable political groups back home. Seemed to me her play tailed off when rumors of that started up. But again, this is all supposition in NO WAY backed up with actual fact.
3) She lost weight. This may be an example of a player who lost weight to get in better condition, and lost the 'pop' in her racquet.
4) Her game was always relatively unsophicated. Run down the ball, hammer it as hard as you can into a corner. That can work. If you have a MASSIVE serve. That's how Lindsay gets away with it. But outside of her, Petrova is about the only player who still plays that flat-hitting big babe game and succeeds. Virtually everyone else at least uses topspin on dtl winners.
5) I don't fucking know, and everything I have to say on the subject is bullshit.
Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.