hey, what do you guys think about the general state of the game? Women's in particular (obviously!!!)
Do you think the game is in a healthy state? What I mean by that is;
1. Is there enough people playing the game in your country, or worldwide??
2. Is there enough people interested in the game?
3. Are television audiences rising? or declining?
4. Is the profile of the sport being raised?
5. Is the professional game too fast (particularly the men)
6. have we got enough personalities?
7. Is the ATP and WTA doing their jobs properly???
In would love to hear from all of you!!!
Ill start with some of my opinions! I have to go to bed soon!!!
1. Well, in the UK, I dont think there is enough players playing the game in general, my local clucb only has about 20 members, and im sure me and my friend are the only people that play on it!!!
2. I think in Britain, people only take an interest during wimbledon, but not much else.
3. Well, i read an article hear the other day critising tennis (IN THE US) and it said the US audiences are going down, but im not sure about european or asian audiences though! I know that when paradorn Schricapan is playing, about 50 millon thais (spelling?) tune in too watch!! (I think I heared that somewhere!!)
4. umm, don't know there!
5. well, the womens game seems to be OK, the faster the better, as serves dont dominate as much. I think the mens game is really fast on fast courts, but i dont think the game needs slowing down.
6. On the womens side, not many, not many at all!!!! On the mens side, there a few, but none that stand out. ooo, i like Safin though.
7. Well, the WTA seems to be OK, but I think the ATP is in a mess, with the current doping matters!
Anyway, please post your thoughts.
ps, soz about the spelling errors, i cant b bothered to look back!!