The hand incident in RG - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 127
                   
The hand incident in RG

Why the heck does it matter that much? People always raise their hands if they are not ready to serve! But Serena served anyways disrespecting Justine. And somehow everyone turned against Justine because she won. Anyways I think this incident was overblown. Justine won because she fought very well.
fan911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
DA FOREHAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,945
                     
Shut Thf F.u!

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated" - George Bernard Shaw




"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "


DA FOREHAND is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
SelesFan70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,028
                     
The "hand incident" was almost a year ago. It was ONE point in that match. I'm sure Serena has gotten over it.

Tammy Bruce RightSideOfTheRainbow

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline  
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
                     
The hand incident was just a great opportunity for a person to show real character and honesty or to expose themselves as a cheat and a liar.

The decision was made and the choice taken.

Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,916
                     
lordy!

gets the popcorn ready!

and I don't even like popcorn!
Rocketta is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 2,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRexx
The hand incident was just a great opportunity for a person to show real character and honesty or to expose themselves as a cheat and a liar.

The decision was made and the choice taken.
That about sums it up right there!









CapFan#1 is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:59 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Among The Greats
Posts: 39,737
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRexx
The hand incident was just a great opportunity for a person to show real character and honesty or to expose themselves as a cheat and a liar.

The decision was made and the choice taken.
]


Excellent Comment, and very well put. The decision was made and the choice taken!

Career Grand Slam in your 20s? Been there done that. Career golden slam your 30s?
There's only 1.
Been around the world, copped all 4 thrice.

Serena.[21]
MrSerenaWilliams is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 127
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRexx
The hand incident was just a great opportunity for a person to show real character and honesty or to expose themselves as a cheat and a liar.

The decision was made and the choice taken.
Ok, so Serena made a mistake and served even if Justine had raised her hand, but get over it! Serena was probably too much into the match and didn't notice. And just because Justine beat Serena, doesn't mean that you guys have to be upset with Justine. I saw the match and even though it was wrong of Serena to serve despite Justine not being ready, it was NOT A BIG DEAL.
fan911 is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Allez-H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On an island with Marat
Posts: 6,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan911
Ok, so Serena made a mistake and served even if Justine had raised her hand, but get over it! Serena was probably too much into the match and didn't notice. And just because Justine beat Serena, doesn't mean that you guys have to be upset with Justine. I saw the match and even though it was wrong of Serena to serve despite Justine not being ready, it was NOT A BIG DEAL.
I know you mean it good but stop please.Haters are gonna come up again,and it will be bash,bash,bash again.

Hope you understand

Allez.
Allez-H is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,916
                     
and people on this board claim only Williams fans can't get over the hand incident...

*gets some Soda to wash the popcorn down*
Rocketta is offline  
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 127
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allezjuju
I know you mean it good but stop please.Haters are gonna come up again,and it will be bash,bash,bash again.

Hope you understand
I'm defending both Serena and Justine. Serena most likely didn't notice Justine's hand, or probably by the time she noticed it was too late since she was already doing her service motion. So it's NOT her fault. And just because Justine ended up winning the match doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to raise her hand if she's not ready to play. So it's NOT her fault either. So I'm stopping the bashing of both players.
fan911 is offline  
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Allez-H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On an island with Marat
Posts: 6,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan911
I'm defending both Serena and Justine. Serena most likely didn't notice Justine's hand, or probably by the time she noticed it was too late since she was already doing her service motion. So it's NOT her fault. And just because Justine ended up winning the match doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to raise her hand if she's not ready to play. So it's NOT her fault either. So I'm stopping the bashing of both players.
Like I said:I'm sure you mean it good and I'm sure you want to stop the bashing (like so many others want too) but it's isn't going to work on this board.I can assure you...But you can always try

Allez.
Allez-H is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: b/n 1 & 3
Posts: 3,628
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan911
Why the heck does it matter that much? People always raise their hands if they are not ready to serve! But Serena served anyways disrespecting Justine. And somehow everyone turned against Justine because she won. Anyways I think this incident was overblown. Justine won because she fought very well.
"hand", "blown", "served" on the same post with Justine and Serena - move over, Rocketta, and pass the popcorn bag too. I don't want to miss this R-rated encounter.
Hulet is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan911
I'm defending both Serena and Justine. Serena most likely didn't notice Justine's hand, or probably by the time she noticed it was too late since she was already doing her service motion. So it's NOT her fault. And just because Justine ended up winning the match doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to raise her hand if she's not ready to play. So it's NOT her fault either. So I'm stopping the bashing of both players.
That's an interesting theory.. Stopping bashing by creating an environment to have bashing so then you can stop it. Genius Really.
Rocketta is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eta psi
"hand", "blown", "served" on the same post with Justine and Serena - move over, Rocketta, and pass the popcorn bag too. I don't want to miss this R-rated encounter.
*passes Eta some popcorn and asks if he wants some soda? I have Diet Coke with Lime. *
Rocketta is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome