This is not 1974 it's 2004..... - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
This is not 1974 it's 2004.....

The WTA need their asses kicked, Martina is getting Embarassed, and I am feeling that for her.

They should be ashame, and not try to exploit cash chances here. She had her Prime Time...it's not Fair for her to be embarassed like this. I have to to keep from , this is pitiful.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,079
                     
She won a set 6-1 against a top 100 clay court specialist that is more than half her age...I would say that is pretty good still.
for-sure is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 71
   
I say kudos to Martina for taking this to a 3rd set. She still has those Champion Aura around her to scare Sequera off. Good job and do well next time.
Just_Love is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by for-sure
She won a set 6-1 against a top 100 clay court specialist that is more than half her age...I would say that is pretty good still.
Believe me this is a BLOW to Nav's ego and confidence. I don't think it's fair that she is playing girls 30 years younger. Although I applaud her efforts beating and AILING Monica Seles, does not constitute you being in top 100 form. I guess with more singles practice she will do well, but this was a Monetary Ploy i feel.

I personally feel, after the SHOCK of playing a Living LEGEND, and on Center Court....she settled in and Killed Nav.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 73
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
Believe me this is a BLOW to Nav's ego and confidence. I don't think it's fair that she is playing girls 30 years younger. Although I applaud her efforts beating and AILING Monica Seles, does not constitute you being in top 100 form. I guess with more singles practice she will do well, but this was a Monetary Ploy i feel.

I personally feel, after the SHOCK of playing a Living LEGEND, and on Center Court....she settled in and Killed Nav.
You know what guys this is good for Martina, I think she was trying to show up the "injury prone" gals by going out there to play, Sequera was just too good for her, but what the heck she probably had fun????
sweetpinks is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 118
                     
it's not as if Martina was forced to play... she clearly wanted to play and if anything, this close loss will make her want it even more... for those who have had the privilege of meeting Martina, they know that she absolutely loves the game and all that comes with it... expect Martina to be awarded more wild cards and start doing it increasingly better...
upperkut is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Colombia
Posts: 4,630
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
The WTA need their asses kicked, Martina is getting Embarassed, and I am feeling that for her.

They should be ashame, and not try to exploit cash chances here. She had her Prime Time...it's not Fair for her to be embarassed like this. I have to to keep from , this is pitiful.


This sucks. Larry Scott will invite Rosie Casals to play Elena Dementieva tomorow. All Dementieva's first serves will be considered fault
alfonsojose is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: sydney
Posts: 6,145
                     
Foot_Fault - At least Martina can use the excuse she is 47, Venus got no excuse baby.
Philbo is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On Vacation...
Posts: 6,222
                     
Angry

Sometimes a person just needs to lose there cool and plainly say JUST THE F CK UP! So f cking ignorant to make a thread like this..show some f cking respect and get a f cking life! It would be 1984 anyways u f cking moron!
ahh better now
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechfan
Foot_Fault - At least Martina can use the excuse she is 47, Venus got no excuse baby.
And Venus is mentioned because?? Lets Jab in other places.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraziersFan
Sometimes a person just needs to lose there cool and plainly say JUST THE F CK UP! So f cking ignorant to make a thread like this..show some f cking respect and get a f cking life! It would be 1984 anyways u f cking moron!
ahh better now
Awww...Didn't take your Prozac today, huh? We will get that prescription filled in the A.M.

P.S., if you had a life, this thread would be very non-exsistent to you, and left to those of us that don't have a life.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 639
                     
Well, if this was on grass it'd be another story... you've seem to have forgotten that Martina, just two years ago, defeated Tatiana Panova (then ranked in the 20's) on grass at the Eastbourne event before stretching top 15 player Daniela Hantuchova to three sets in the next round. Clay isn't her best surface, but she won the first set, and I don't called that "getting killed"....
Elvira is offline  
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: sydney
Posts: 6,145
                     
Venus was mentioned because she is another player 'embarrassing herself' with losses this whole year...

As i said Martina has her age as an excuse, Venus has no excuse mate so why dont you worry about your own fave isntead of taking cheapshots at the best ever.
Philbo is offline  
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Foot_Fault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Live with my Wife Venus!!
Posts: 8,776
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechfan
Venus was mentioned because she is another player 'embarrassing herself' with losses this whole year...

As i said Martina has her age as an excuse, Venus has no excuse mate so why dont you worry about your own fave isntead of taking cheapshots at the best ever.
you see it as a Cheap shot to Martina...I see it as the WTA exploiting a Champion Legend. Tomayto...Tomahto.

Venus still has nothing to do with this, Nor does the PLAY of Martina...don't be so sensitive.

NOW TRENDING
#SEETHE
#SerenaSLAM

#YourFaveCouldNEVER
#TWENTYTWO
#StillSEETHING
#
Foot_Fault is offline  
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
~ The Leopard ~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kissing my little Lolita
Posts: 13,105
                     
The scoreline looks very competitive. How was it "getting her ass kicked"?

Vin, kvinder og sang
~ The Leopard ~ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome