I have had this amzingly bad day and after reading a certain thread I'm going to cheer myself up ...
1) The knowledge - I have learned more about tennis from this board than I could have ever attempted to find on the internet. Special mentions to ball change pls and Rollo on the "Ladies of the court thread". It's been wonderful reading about a time in tennis that I wasn't born early enough to experience, thank you
And the Boiled Egg who's personal knowledge is scary
2) The People - I love reading views on certain player, events and matches that put a different point of view. Like tennis, the board brings together people from all over the world, an achievement not many sports can do. I learn cuturally about countries I'll probably never be able to afford to go to and how views do/don't change from country to country.
3) The Players - Tennis goes far beyond what it played on the court, the gossip, bitching whatever. I love reading about it even though it doesn't have any effect on what goes on, on the court. I didn't even know who Garcia the spanish golfer was until last week
4) The debates - Democracy revolves around debate, so does this board. Different points of view about my favourite players prevents me from seeing them through rose-coloured glass, something I have realised this week is of greater importance than I assumed. It's not healthy to ignore the negative points of a person or to ignore them, especially in real life...
5) Respect - You don't know it, but people on this board has quite a bit of influence on me. Mostly in the non-tennis thread. After reading threads about songs and albums I have found myself into Bruce Springsteen and picking up Loard of the Rings.
I learn to be nicer to people from Kisha.
I learn about tennis from The Boiled Egg
I learn to be nice to welsh people from Monica_Rules
I learn about the hate of Enrique from Shirely
I learn about asylum seekers from irma.
I learn to respect non-Jen fans from Bright Red
You allow me to have other perspectives on life, and I thank you ALL from that.
maybe i should put this in the nontennis thread, but it's here where the love is needed
Please, feel free to add what you love about WTA World, and tennis ...