Justine has a throat infection - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,379
                     
Justine has a throat infection

According to Belgian newspapers, quoting the Antwerp tournament organizers, Justine Henin has a throat infection and is on antibiotics. She will be ready to play in Anywerp, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Hope she gets better in time. Still, there is a silver lining to this illness. After getting flack last week for being a diva for requesting a Thursday start last week (tickets were sold billing Wednesday as Justine's first match, creating a logistical nightmare for organizers having to accomodate for fans who'd had to trade in their tickets), at least now nobody will question the Thursday start.
Pinkie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Greenout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Abroad with a passport
Posts: 16,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie
According to Belgian newspapers, quoting the Antwerp tournament organizers, Justine Henin has a throat infection and is on antibiotics. She will be ready to play in Anywerp, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Hope she gets better in time. Still, there is a silver lining to this illness. After getting flack last week for being a diva for requesting a Thursday start last week (tickets were sold billing Wednesday as Justine's first match, creating a logistical nightmare for organizers having to accomodate for fans who'd had to trade in their tickets), at least now nobody will question the Thursday start.

Yes, I've read that some fans who bought the tickets early were
upset that she wasn't playing on Thursday, which was the original
schedule for her 1st match. Hope everybody works out. Throat
infection? She's such a fragile little thing. Oh well...
It would be nice if nobody withdraws from the tournament next
week with whatever illness, injury, or nicks.

Let's Go NRR-DEN!!
Greenout is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 19,088
                     
Get well Justine!!!


GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Greenout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Abroad with a passport
Posts: 16,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
Get well Justine!!!


I don't think she'll win the Diamond stick this year. Venus
hasn't been on her best either. Ok..Kim enjoy your new
Diamond Stick and make the locals happy.
Greenout is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,379
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
I don't think she'll win the Diamond stick this year. Venus
hasn't been on her best either. Ok..Kim enjoy your new
Diamond Stick and make the locals happy.
She will be fine. if he is well enough to do the kids tennis clinic in Antwerp today, she should be ok to play next week.

This illness story is just an effort by the organizers to make the Thursday start look pretty. I mean, last week Verbeeck tells newpapers that Justine decided she wanted a Thursday start during the AO, knowing full well Wednesday tickets were sold as her first match, because it fits her training schedule better. As a reaction, articles appear calling Henin a fickle diva. Then Henin gets sick, "necessitating" a Thursday start.

The Antwerp organizers have always tried to accomodate the Belgian players. Just like Elke Clijsters getting a WC.
Pinkie is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Greenout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Abroad with a passport
Posts: 16,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie
She will be fine. if he is well enough to do the kids tennis clinic in Antwerp today, she should be ok to play next week.

This illness story is just an effort by the organizers to make the Thursday start look pretty. I mean, last week Verbeeck tells newpapers that Justine decided she wanted a Thursday start during the AO, knowing full well Wednesday tickets were sold as her first match, because it fits her training schedule better. As a reaction, articles appear calling Henin a fickle diva. Then Henin gets sick, "necessitating" a Thursday start.

The Antwerp organizers have always tried to accomodate the Belgian players. Just like Elke Clijsters getting a WC.

Really.

"Fickle Diva?"

This is quite amusing. Hey ,I thought she's got a publist, and 2 agents
with her nowadays. Well..they better get their asses on the move
to do some pretty spin doctoring.
Greenout is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
esquímaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 釜を掘&
Posts: 15,244
                     
ehem, what IS a fickle diva

"誰も私を止める停が出来なかったか"
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Jedah Douma
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,379
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
Really.

"Fickle Diva?"

This is quite amusing. Hey ,I thought she's got a publist, and 2 agents
with her nowadays. Well..they better get their asses on the move
to do some pretty spin doctoring.
To be honest, if you are number one in the world, and you want a Thursday start because that is the way you prefer to play, you usually get the late start; Justine Henin or not. But tournament organizers who are a little less prone to putting their foot in their mouth like Verbeeck is, usually are not that blunt about the inside dealings of top tennis. Because they know it will always make the player look bad. So smarter organizers only ever release the ilness statements.
Pinkie is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM
HAND SCRAPED
 
-Sonic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 7,155
                     
As someone who has a very weak throat that gets sore and infected at the drop of a hat, I feel for her.

I can't think of much worse than waking up with a throat infection. Looking down your throat and seeing little pus ball things is so mingin'.
-Sonic- is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome