Some highlights from her pressconference today
- I'll play until the end of the year and after that I'll decide whether to continue my career or not. I'll play until tennis is interesting to me. Especially after a tournament like Tokyo I feel like I'm improving and can improve more! My ranking isn't the biggest motivation for me. My aim is to win as many matches as possible. Of course, I'm happy to climb up to #21 because I'll be seeded at atleast the next 2 Grand Slams.
- Next tournaments: ANTWERP(!!), DUBAI, DOHA
- The Olympic Games are priority for me because they will be my last
- I'll play doubles from time to time (??) with a last-minute partner. Doubles are no ambition for me. I play doubles to improve my singles game. I'm surprised that I played two finals already this year
- I played very well in the first tournament in Gold Coast. In Melbourne I wasn't that good, but I'm not sorry that I lost. Mandula played pretty well. I'm satisfied with my performance in Tokyo. In the final against Davenport she served very well, was making aces in every single game and put some pressure on my own service games
- Sesil Karatancheva is undoubtedly the best young Bulgarian player now. I understood she has played extremely well in the end of the last year