Question about Anne Kremer's ranking.... - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 10,797
                     
Question about Anne Kremer's ranking....

Anne Kremer is back and in her first tournament since her injury layoff and she is in the quarterfinals of a 10k event in France.

My question is, why did she get direct entry into the tournament but was not seeded? I know she is unranked but shouldn't she have been given a seed?

I am assuming she got direct entry in France because of some sort of exemption due to her absence because of her injury, (I did not see the wc next to her name so she is not exactly a wildcard either right?) but I am trying to understand why.

I appreciate the input!!
Jakeev is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
TheBoiledEgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: in Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 180,169
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeev
Anne Kremer is back and in her first tournament since her injury layoff and she is in the quarterfinals of a 10k event in France.

My question is, why did she get direct entry into the tournament but was not seeded? I know she is unranked but shouldn't she have been given a seed?

I am assuming she got direct entry in France because of some sort of exemption due to her absence because of her injury, (I did not see the wc next to her name so she is not exactly a wildcard either right?) but I am trying to understand why.

I appreciate the input!!
She got direct entry cos at the time she still had a ranking.
Now Anne is no longer on the WTA ranks due to not enough tourns played.

Good luck to my favs

AZARENKA

*Kuznetsova*Sharapova*Kleybanova*Vesnina*Shvedova*Kulichkova*Kasatkina*
Pavlyuchenkova*Makarova*Diatchenko*Pivovarova*Gasparyan*Leykina*Zhuk*Potapova*Pervushina**Govortsova
MINELLA TsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea
*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*
Cetkovska*Svitolina*
*Bellis*Soylu*Sibille*Uberalova*Eden Silva*
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 755
                     
Quote:

She got direct entry cos at the time she still had a ranking.
Now Anne is no longer on the WTA ranks due to not enough tourns played.
So you mean she committed to it when she was still having a ranking?But on the committment list her ranking was #401!the last ranking she had was something around #340 or am I wrong?
Peetz is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
TheBoiledEgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: in Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 180,169
                     
entries for Grenoble closed Dec 29, her rank that week was 401.

Good luck to my favs

AZARENKA

*Kuznetsova*Sharapova*Kleybanova*Vesnina*Shvedova*Kulichkova*Kasatkina*
Pavlyuchenkova*Makarova*Diatchenko*Pivovarova*Gasparyan*Leykina*Zhuk*Potapova*Pervushina**Govortsova
MINELLA TsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea
*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*
Cetkovska*Svitolina*
*Bellis*Soylu*Sibille*Uberalova*Eden Silva*
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 10,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
entries for Grenoble closed Dec 29, her rank that week was 401.
How bout for the future then, will she have to qualify for these 10k tournaments if she is continuing to practice in them or will she get some wildcards in to higer Tier events?

Thanks Boiled for the input.............
Jakeev is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome