Just Talk Thread, brand new edition. - Page 12 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sarah<Kim-fan>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ruiselede
Posts: 3,778
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine View Post
Where do you work now Sarah?
Oh and welcome to the work reality life
haha, thanks, not loving it so far
I work part time in my dad's bank office (with the intention to do that full time in the future) and I'm a part time French teacher in secondary school (17-18 year olds)
the teacher thing is because I needed something else part time, but I'm still not sure I really want it
today they were ok, but yesterday I had one class that was really annoying me

I want to be a student again
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Junior Member
 
iFCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

I don't want to spam but i'm looking for new players for a very small tennisgame i'm playing of the following forum. It is Dutch so I think will only be interesting for the Dutch speaking people here.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Het_Tenni...ex.php?act=idx
you are the manager of a team with 16 tennis players and choose them and their tournaments. The fun thing is that any player can only be in one team. So if you start your team won't have the biggest team but if you are a tennisfan you can soon climb up. I play if now for one year and I have Petkovic, Goerges, Kvitova, Dolgopolov, ... (and even Federer whom I gained from a team that quit). you can change as much as you want so if you spot someone playing good add him to your team and fire a playing who isn't making up promises.
Those players play the same tournaments as in real life (2 weeks after real life) but the games are simulated. the players strongness is based on their ranking ATP/WTA, but there is a random factor.

Feel free to watch and join.
We would be very pleased and I will help you as much as I can.
iFCee is offline  
post #168 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
KV
Senior Member
 
KV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Under the deep blue sky
Posts: 198,939
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah<Kim-fan> View Post
haha, thanks, not loving it so far
I work part time in my dad's bank office (with the intention to do that full time in the future) and I'm a part time French teacher in secondary school (17-18 year olds)
the teacher thing is because I needed something else part time, but I'm still not sure I really want it
today they were ok, but yesterday I had one class that was really annoying me

I want to be a student again
Talking about that you have the quizz programm "Blokken!" I've noticed there was no final edition of the best participants last year. Shame, the year before there was. Anyway I know someone who could have gone all the way if there was a final.
KV is offline  
post #169 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2012, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sarah<Kim-fan>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ruiselede
Posts: 3,778
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV View Post
Talking about that you have the quizz programm "Blokken!" I've noticed there was no final edition of the best participants last year. Shame, the year before there was. Anyway I know someone who could have gone all the way if there was a final.
lol, who could that be?

what gave it away that it was me? talking about seeing Kim in Rosmalen last year or the tennis questions that were way too easy

I think last year they did this edition with the berst participants because it was the 3000th episode... they told me if they ever do something like that again for like number 4000 or 5000, I'll definitely be in it
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline  
post #170 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
KV
Senior Member
 
KV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Under the deep blue sky
Posts: 198,939
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah<Kim-fan> View Post
lol, who could that be?what gave it away that it was me? talking about seeing Kim in Rosmalen last year or the tennis questions that were way too easy I think last year they did this edition with the berst participants because it was the 3000th episode... they told me if they ever do something like that again for like number 4000 or 5000, I'll definitely be in it

To answer your first question I"ll leave it up to you.
Yep, and your location. BTW, I know where Ruiselede is situated. I think it's an industrial zone and not sure on the road to Tielt, a prison/monastery or something like that. And I think you still have Biebuyck (quick freeze products) in the industrial zone.
KV is offline  
post #171 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Alfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,324
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Hi Sarah, I haven't visited this forum in a while, but it's good to be back. Could you recommend a good book for beginners French?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah<Kim-fan> View Post
haha, thanks, not loving it so far
I work part time in my dad's bank office (with the intention to do that full time in the future) and I'm a part time French teacher in secondary school (17-18 year olds)
the teacher thing is because I needed something else part time, but I'm still not sure I really want it
today they were ok, but yesterday I had one class that was really annoying me

I want to be a student again

KIM CLIJSTERS:cheer2:

US OPEN CHAMPION
: 2005, 2009, 2010

CHAMPION: 2011 AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Alfie is offline  
post #172 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sarah<Kim-fan>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ruiselede
Posts: 3,778
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
Hi Sarah, I haven't visited this forum in a while, but it's good to be back. Could you recommend a good book for beginners French?
hm, depends, how beginner French are we talking?
And do you want to get to the real French literature?
I'll think about it and come back to you
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline  
post #173 of 176 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2012, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Sarah<Kim-fan>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ruiselede
Posts: 3,778
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV View Post

To answer your first question I"ll leave it up to you.
Yep, and your location. BTW, I know where Ruiselede is situated. I think it's an industrial zone and not sure on the road to Tielt, a prison/monastery or something like that. And I think you still have Biebuyck (quick freeze products) in the industrial zone.
wow you know a lot about Ruiselede!
it's not just an industrial zone, but well, not that there's that much else
there is a monastery on the road to Tielt indeed, and we have a children's 'prison'/institution aswell
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline  
post #174 of 176 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,697
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Oh good to see people here (yes I have not been good at keeping up with things).


Alfie, learning french?

Laissez nous créer, une arme en amour, une bombe à lumière, un fusil à fleur, une vie sans barrière.
Laissez nous rêver, d’un enfant président, d’un roi sans couronne, d’un Jésus indien, d’un Dieu qui pardonne, même ceux qui l’oublient.

Liberté ― Angélique Ionatos
Yasmine is offline  
post #175 of 176 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,697
                     
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah<Kim-fan> View Post
haha, thanks, not loving it so far
I work part time in my dad's bank office (with the intention to do that full time in the future) and I'm a part time French teacher in secondary school (17-18 year olds)
the teacher thing is because I needed something else part time, but I'm still not sure I really want it
today they were ok, but yesterday I had one class that was really annoying me

I want to be a student again
teaching can be good but you need to be up for it, because it's so demanding and it requires lot of patience I work with younger kids I think it's nicer (younger, more curious).

17-18 is a tough age, good luck with that

Laissez nous créer, une arme en amour, une bombe à lumière, un fusil à fleur, une vie sans barrière.
Laissez nous rêver, d’un enfant président, d’un roi sans couronne, d’un Jésus indien, d’un Dieu qui pardonne, même ceux qui l’oublient.

Liberté ― Angélique Ionatos
Yasmine is offline  
post #176 of 176 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 27
 
Re: Just Talk Thread, brand new edition.

I still remember the beautiful image of Kim's daughter when she won a grand slam on her return. The kid's smile was one of a thing.
tommypress is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome