Tennis Tipping | Tokyo (AIG)
AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships
September 29th - October 4th, 2008
Welcome to Tokyo!
The 64th tournament of the Tennis Tipping season. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!
Playing the game is simple:
- You have to commit before the deadline displayed in the following post. After the deadline has passed you are no longer able to take part in the tournament.
- Before the tournament starts the Qualifying (if needed) and the Main Draws are made, placing players randomly according to an entry list made beforehand with the committed players.
- If there is a Qualifying Draw, you send in your picks for Day 1 matches in a Personal Message (PM) to the person who is managing the tournament or to an appropriately nomitaed member. You should only send the names of the players you believe will win, the set ratios (SR), if needed, and the exact score (TB - Tiebreak), also when asked. The title of the PM should be in this format: TT, name of the tournament, day of the week
- Main Draws usually start on Mondays, all qualifiers and players directly into the main draw send their picks with set ratios and a tie-breaker score to the person running the game.
- The results will be posted as soon as possible, differences might be released early on after play is underway but only if the manager is available to do so.
- You have to send your picks before the first match of the day starts, if you send your picks late, then all the picks for the matches already started or finished won't be counted.
- A match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal, if a player is defaulted or any late schedule changes.
- You get a point for each correctly predicted winner. Set ratios are needed in singles if the order of play for the TT round includes 7 or fewer matches
, while for doubles they are required if there are 3 or fewer matches on the order of play
- When posting the OOP, the managers will clarify if set ratios are needed or not.
For doubles: - All rules cited above are applied for doubles
The Number Of Participants Per Round - Singles:
Monday September 29 - TT 1R
Tuesday September 30 - TT 2R (Doubles 1R)
Wednesday October 1 - TT QF
Thursday October 2 - TT SF
Friday October 3 - TT F
Saturday October 4 - TT F
- You still pick the WTA singles matches
, not the doubles.
- You team up with another player committed for the TT tournament being played and the score of the team is the combined scores of both players.
- To commit your team, just post a commitment in the relative thread of the TT tournament, in the following way: "posterA/posterB is a team" eg: Chris84/Slokid. Alphabetical order should be followed for ranking purposes.
If you want to play, post a commitment in this thread, eg: "I'm in!"
- Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list after the commitments close. All picks should be sent by PM, in case if the board is down for more than 1 day, the tournament will be cancelled.
For more info: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=235513
Yours truly, ITZ