Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
2007 Final: seenop (ISR) def. In The Zone (USA) (Day 12 no pick over Day 11 with pick)
2006 Final: Event Not Held
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW! though ummm that would be like day -2 here. If someone would like to organise Suicide: Qualifiers' Circle, please speak to In The Zone.). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. If you choose Justine Henin or Lindsay Davenport early in a tournament, you will not be able to use them in the semifinal or final. And you will be screwed. Hence the point of Suicide.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you get high on cocaine and forget to make a pick, get hospitalised from an STD courtesy of Radek Stepanek, or are unable to reach a computer for any other reason, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will, again, be out of the tournament.
4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, is each player allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurrence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Wow, should we say that again? Walkover or withdrawal, back-up used. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
BACK-UP PICK (ONLY IN A WALKOVER OR WITHDRAWAL) - Coco Vandeweghe
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. This is a Grand Slam tournament, therefore no byes are granted and everyone must make a pick on Day 01. This tournament is MANDATORY
, so don't suck and lose on day 1 or your ranking will sink faster than you can say Jarmila Gajdosova.
6. To sign up
, please type the word "In". It is not mandatory to commit or enter before Day 01. If you do not post a Day 01 pick, you will not be listed on the entry list. Your entry is confirmed when your Day 01 pick is posted.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking. (Of course, there are no other tournaments this week. However, In The Zone can be consulted on starting Suicide: The Challenges At Challengers.)
8. Once your pick is posted, that pick is final and may not be changed. Please make sure you are confident in your pick before posting it.
If you edit your pick, your pick will be null and void and you will be out on that given day.
If you delete
your pick, you are disqualified from the tournament.
Ranking Points for Suicide Australian Open (Grand Slam)
Day 01 - 02
Day 02 - 25
Day 03 - 45
Day 04 - 65
Day 05 - 95
Day 06 - 130
Day 07 - 200
Day 08 - 290
Day 09 - 360
Day 10 - 425
Day 11 - 510
Day 11 - 590 (WITH Pick)
Day 12 - 660
Day 12 - 740 (WITH Pick)
Winner - 800
In the event that there are at least 12 people and no one reaches DAY 12,
2nd Place - 456
1st Place - 650 Sorry, my bad!
Time in Hellbourne Use this
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT ianlsee AT gmail DOT com