Tennis Forum banner

My Ears Hurt From Espn 2

585 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Love-seles 
#1 · (Edited)
horrible coverage. my ears hurt. here's why:

1. commentators were very biased and unprofessional throughout the match. you could completely tell they were praying for venus to win.

2. cliff called venus serena like four times

3. i could totally hear the guys behind the scenes talking about technical issues for a couple of games.

#2 ·
Re: My Hears Hurt From Espn 2

1. American Tv, they want American's to win. Like most other countries commentators, want their players to win.
2. Cliff is getting old, and forgets alot of things :lol:
3. Espn always has technical difficulties.
p.s. at least we get to see live tennis, unlike many unlucky people in other countries.

#3 ·
Re: My Hears Hurt From Espn 2

well of course they're praying for Venus to win cuz if she loses no more Americans left in the draw and more importantly no more big draw names left (i.e. sharapova, hingis, Serena, Mauresmo, Henin). Oh and you might want to change your thread title. It says my "hears" hurt. :lol:

#8 ·
After trading tennis matches with other countries and viewing tennis coverage from other countries, I have to say I appreciate ESPN more. However, yes Cliff does get on my nerves. He either asks stupid questions or confuses break points with game points or match points.

#11 ·
Jeff which countries are you talking about? i think Oz and UK commentary for tennis matches abroad is way better then here in the US. those guys clam up when tennis games are in play. i can't stand commentators who keep talking during play. its like being in a movie theater and trying to watch the movie while idiots are talking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.