Tennis Forum banner

Venus has so many dfs becuz:

1K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  veesbest 
#1 ·
She is finally starting to put something on her second serves. If u can recall, commentators would always say what a huge differnce her first serve speed was from her second serve speed. If u watched Memphis final, all of venus's second serves were in high 90s, low 100s mph. I think richard finally told her that ppl were destroying her second serves becuz she would serve them in low 80s. Even against Sharapova in Miami, all of her second serves were in the high 90s!!

#2 ·
Good for her! I'd much rather Venus go for it and miss than have a powderpuff rammed down her throat.

#18 ·
I think in a previous thread where we were asked to name our favorite 10 I admitted I like TOB. A little. But it's just so much fun to pick on her.

#4 ·
. . . players I root for can't serve for shit?

#6 ·
When did you start rooting for TOB, Max?

#7 ·
I notcied this when I went to nasdaq and saw her serving in person. Venus is regularly putting in second serves at 108-115 range and even hit 3 118 second serves. I guess she has decided to serve bigger and with that comes a few more doubles i guess.

#9 ·
y doesnt she kick serve..???

i mean... shes so tall...
isnt there less risk to it
compare to those high speed serves...
which is also returnable anyway...
B/c girls dont learn the kick serve. Most coaches have felt that many women didnt have the proper wrist strength to hit the serve effectivly. Sexist ....since I have seen Serena do it a million times but apart from her you wont see many women players with a kick serve.

#11 ·
I wonder if she can learn a really potent kick serve at this stage of her career. I have a feeling it's possible. It would be a great addition.

#13 ·
Venus gets too many wrist injuries to try doing that now....once she gets more match play going for those second serve bombs it'll only get better...don't worry...all williams finals are on their way once more:devil:

#15 ·
I'm almost sure I've heard Venus say something about her kick serve. At any rate, if Serena uses it and has far less dfs that Venus, I don't see why Venus hasn't done something to reduce the number of dfs she has. Even when Venus wasn't going for her second serves she has had a lot of dfs.

#20 ·
Good for her...now if she could only learn to have better placement on her first serve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.