December practices - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,604
                     
Re: December practices

Marion has decided to skip Paris OGF tournament. She wants to focus her energy on Dubaï tournament. (frm Régis Brunet IMG France in tennis magazine December '08))
Lighter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,604
                     
Re: December practices

As expected, Marion's father said no to Nicolas Escudé : http://sports.nouvelobs.com/cmc/scan...855.html?popup
Lighter is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,877
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
As expected, Marion's father said no to Nicolas Escudé : http://sports.nouvelobs.com/cmc/scan...855.html?popup
Incompatibility in what respect?Is this for the same reason that existed before with Goven or is this because of Dechaume...or is it a combination of both?(perhaps there's even a neew reason that I'm unaware of)

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
From island to island
 
Iceland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 12,560
                     
Re: December practices

Im really disappointed about these two decisions made by Marion. Refusing to play Fed Cup and to compete in a French tournament tell really much about how individualistic Marion is ... Really shocking, it's as if she were doing everything to avoid contact with the French team.
I know the calendar completely sucks ... still, she could have made an effort here.

**** KRISTINA MLADENOVIC Future Star ****

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Super_Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: December practices

Maybe you see things through the lense of patriotism Iceland but i'm sorry friend you just not seeing this as it is, another snub of the Bartoli way.

But even if it was taht she simpl didnt want to represent France, that's her prerogative.
Super_Marion is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,604
                     
Re: December practices

Explanation is very clear now. Nicolas Escudé drew Mr Bartoli yesterday afternoon:
"I did not know the ins and outs of the case. He explained his method of training (fonctionnement). I found it more than respectable, especially since it has produced results, but totally incompatible with the French team because inapplicable inside a group. "

Everyone has defended his arguments. It's just a question of incompatibility.
Lighter is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Marionated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,812
                     
Re: December practices

A shame. I think her game is so well suited to the courts at the Paris open.
Marionated is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,604
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa15 View Post
A shame. I think her game is so well suited to the courts at the Paris open.
Not a shame. Just a logical decision.
Lighter is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Marionated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,812
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Not a shame. Just a logical decision.
Oh. I didn't know Dubai was a higher level tournament than Paris now. I just knew they were both tier 2's this year.
Marionated is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
From island to island
 
Iceland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 12,560
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Maybe you see things through the lense of patriotism Iceland but i'm sorry friend you just not seeing this as it is, another snub of the Bartoli way.

But even if it was taht she simpl didnt want to represent France, that's her prerogative.
At times Marion's willingness to be special is a bit boring, it's really a shame that she only sees her career as her job. Well take it as patriotism, but I don't understand how can somebody refuse to play an event on her home land. Some players would love to have such an opportunity and Marion doesn't take it. Yeah yeah she has the right to do what she wants but when you are a public figure, you create expectations, emotions, you communicate with the crowd, this is part of the pleasure of playing... It's not very generous from Marion to turn her back from Paris. People will be disappointed, well I am.

As regards her schedule, I would say that it's not even a smart choice. Dubai will be a tough event, no way she gets seeded so no easy draw. I wish she played Paris & Memphis. She always does well on fast surfaces.

Voilà, that's my opinion, don't bash me for criticizing Marion. She is my favourite tennis player. It's just that at times I wish she would act differently.

**** KRISTINA MLADENOVIC Future Star ****

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline  
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Marionated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,812
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
At times Marion's willingness to be special is a bit boring, it's really a shame that she only sees her career as her job. Well take it as patriotism, but I don't understand how can somebody refuse to play an event on her home land. Some players would love to have such an opportunity and Marion doesn't take it. Yeah yeah she has the right to do what she wants but when you are a public figure, you create expectations, emotions, you communicate with the crowd, this is part of the pleasure of playing... It's not very generous from Marion to turn her back from Paris. People will be disappointed, well I am.

As regards her schedule, I would say that it's not even a smart choice. Dubai will be a tough event, no way she gets seeded so no easy draw. I wish she played Paris & Memphis. She always does well on fast surfaces.
Voilŕ, that's my opinion, don't bash me for criticizing Marion. She is my favourite tennis player. It's just that at times I wish she would act differently.
I agree with all this actually.

Regarding Fed cup, tbh it doesn't mean much to me. If Marion was British and declined to play, it wouldn't really bother me in the slighest. I just don't see it as a really important event , but I can see how others think otherwise.

I just hope Marion doesn't get booed at the French open
Marionated is offline  
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
From island to island
 
Iceland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 12,560
                     
Re: December practices

No me too, I couldn't care less about Fed Cup, Im totally fine with Marion's refusal ... but I can't get over the fact that she doesnt play in Paris. I had my tickets ordered already, it won't feel the same without Marion.

**** KRISTINA MLADENOVIC Future Star ****

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,604
                     
Re: December practices

It's possible that Marion doesn't want to be criticized by French medias and crowd cause fed cup.
Lighter is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Alizé Molik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dumbéa
Posts: 4,646
                     
Re: December practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
No me too, I couldn't care less about Fed Cup, Im totally fine with Marion's refusal ... but I can't get over the fact that she doesnt play in Paris. I had my tickets ordered already, it won't feel the same without Marion.
then i understand your dissapointment, and i agree that it's puzzling.

BARTOLI, Marion ♠ CORNET, Alizé ♣ MLADENOVIC, Kristina ♥ GARCIA, Caroline
Alizé Molik is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome