On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 ! - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
From island to island
 
Iceland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 12,562
                     
On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Marion starts her glorious way in Kolkata.

Here is the draw :

[1]Marion Bartoli vs Vania King
Mariya Koryttseva vs Q
Alberta Brianti vs Sofia Arvidsson
Tatiana Poutchek vs [5]Alla Kudryavtseva

[3]Sania Mirza vs Sunitha Rao
Sara Errani vs Anne Keothavong
Casey Dellacqua vs Aleksandra Wozniak
Tzipora Obziler vs [6]Alizé Cornet

Not a very difficult draw, Marion should be able to reach her second final of the year. She will have to stay cautious obviously but it's definitely doable. Allez, allez Marion !!!!

**** KRISTINA MLADENOVIC Future Star ****

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Super_Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

thanks Iceland
Super_Marion is offline  
post #3 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Thanks Iceland Looks like a fairly easy draw for Marion!

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #4 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,804
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
Thanks Iceland Looks like a fairly easy draw for Marion!
Yeah,you're right;it looks like her biggest threat might be Mirza who'll be playing on her home soil.Hantuchova is the top seed in the bottom half and she's made it to the Bali final this week,but Daniela appears to be such a gentle soul that she just can't maintain much intensity for longer than one tournament...if Marion makes it to the Kolkata final she'll probably defeat whomever her foe is.

Forgive me for not doing my homework,but I believe that there is a minimum number of tourneys that one must enter in order to be eligible for the YEC(it might not kick in until the 'Roadmap Plan 2010' is officially introduced).If this is true,then Serena might be shut out of the YEC unless she gets off her ass--and Marion would take her place.Though I don't care for her conniving,slimy ways,Serena IS excellent and I'd rather see her get motivated by a lower-limit rule so that she will focus more on tennis.Despite her virtually complete lack of class or sportmanship,she DOES add lots of drama to the women's game and she has forced others--such as Henin--to raise their commitment if they want to compete with her.It'd be better if Marion simply earned it through superior performance;however,it'd still be fun to watch her in Madrid if one of the Williams girls withdraws.
bruce goose is offline  
post #5 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 01:03 AM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,you're right;it looks like her biggest threat might be Mirza who'll be playing on her home soil.Hantuchova is the top seed in the bottom half and she's made it to the Bali final this week,but Daniela appears to be such a gentle soul that she just can't maintain much intensity for longer than one tournament...if Marion makes it to the Kolkata final she'll probably defeat whomever her foe is.

Forgive me for not doing my homework,but I believe that there is a minimum number of tourneys that one must enter in order to be eligible for the YEC(it might not kick in until the 'Roadmap Plan 2010' is officially introduced).If this is true,then Serena might be shut out of the YEC unless she gets off her ass--and Marion would take her place.Though I don't care for her conniving,slimy ways,Serena IS excellent and I'd rather see her get motivated by a lower-limit rule so that she will focus more on tennis.Despite her virtually complete lack of class or sportmanship,she DOES add lots of drama to the women's game and she has forced others--such as Henin--to raise their commitment if they want to compete with her.It'd be better if Marion simply earned it through superior performance;however,it'd still be fun to watch her in Madrid if one of the Williams girls withdraws.
Marion has had some superior performances this year and getting to her first grand slam final at Wimbledon should put her in YEC alone in my opinion!

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #6 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,804
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
Marion has had some superior performances this year and getting to her first grand slam final at Wimbledon should put her in YEC alone in my opinion!
Like you said,Marion is a Wimbledon finalist and not too many women can claim that distinction.If she DOES make it to the YEC due to a withdrawal,no one will complain except for maybe McEnroe or Navratilova ...still,it's not as special when you win a tourney on an injury walkover as it is when you defeat your opponent.In the same way,I'd prefer to see Marion make the Top 8 so that no 'experts' can utter their snide comments.Does that make sense?
bruce goose is offline  
post #7 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 02:00 AM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Like you said,Marion is a Wimbledon finalist and not too many women can claim that distinction.If she DOES make it to the YEC due to a withdrawal,no one will complain except for maybe McEnroe or Navratilova ...still,it's not as special when you win a tourney on an injury walkover as it is when you defeat your opponent.In the same way,I'd prefer to see Marion make the Top 8 so that no 'experts' can utter their snide comments.Does that make sense?
It does indeed

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #8 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Super_Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
Marion has had some superior performances this year and getting to her first grand slam final at Wimbledon should put her in YEC alone in my opinion!
Also, Marion has played more tournaments this season than anyone else in the top 100! Sunfeast will be her 26th so far. She works harder than anyone on the tour, nevermind the top 8 or 10..... So I dont wanna hear another word from anyone "weight."
Super_Marion is offline  
post #9 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Also, Marion has played more tournaments this season than anyone else in the top 100! Sunfeast will be her 26th so far. She works harder than anyone on the tour, nevermind the top 8 or 10..... So I dont wanna hear another word from anyone "weight."
More than Jankovic? Thats hilarious because Jankovic is already having a meltdown and Marion is fine!

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #10 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Super_Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
More than Jankovic? Thats hilarious because Jankovic is already having a meltdown and Marion is fine!
See for yaself.. Janko played 22
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...ce/singles.asp

course gotta factor into how many actual matches the players are playing.
Super_Marion is offline  
post #11 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Bartoli's Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 684
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Good luck Mar!

Oh and btw, does anyone else think the music on the Sunfeast Open site is awesome? Haha. http://www.sunfeastopen.com/
Bartoli's Boy is offline  
post #12 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 08:30 PM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
See for yaself.. Janko played 22
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...ce/singles.asp

course gotta factor into how many actual matches the players are playing.
Very nice indeed

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #13 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
cometz9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,628
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Go Marion!!! Time to win your first title of 2007

VenuS SerenA JennifeR LindsaY
cometz9 is offline  
post #14 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2007, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
From island to island
 
Iceland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 12,562
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Yep .

Marion plays her first match tomorrow. Good luck !
BTW Mirza & Cornet withdrew, so the part of the draw becomes really easy. Marion should reach the final without any damages. A place in the top 10 is at stake .

**** KRISTINA MLADENOVIC Future Star ****

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline  
post #15 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Go Marion

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome