Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #316 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 26,882
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
So does she prefer hardcourt?
She has probably the biggest serve in her group of age (holds the fastest serve record at Les Petits As for this year) and she is very tall on top of that.

EDIT: I just saw that the girl she lost to in FQR upset the Top seed, so the scoreline against her wasn't that shabby either.
Curcubeu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #317 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM
country flag grs
Senior Member
 
grs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,585
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She has probably the biggest serve in her group of age (holds the fastest serve record at Les Petits As for this year) and she is very tall on top of that.
She's like a younger and (much) more beautiful Sharapova
grs is offline  
post #318 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She has probably the biggest serve in her group of age (holds the fastest serve record at Les Petits As for this year) and she is very tall on top of that.

EDIT: I just saw that the girl she lost to in FQR upset the Top seed, so the scoreline against her wasn't that shabby either.
I know she's tall and she has a big serve, but I guess she trained almost all of her young career on Romanian claycourts, so she'd need some experience on hard before choosing to play on hard in Turkey rather than on clay in Romania

Oh, and I just remembered she won Les Petits As on hardcourt, so I guess she already has some experience.


Maybe we will have, at last, a real hardcourt player. Time will tell. And let's hope she stays injury free And slump free
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #319 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 26,882
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I know she's tall and she has a big serve, but I guess she trained almost all of her young career on Romanian claycourts, so she'd need some experience on hard before choosing to play on hard in Turkey rather than on clay in Romania

Oh, and I just remembered she won Les Petits As on hardcourt, so I guess she already has some experience.


Maybe we will have, at last, a real hardcourt player. Time will tell. And let's hope she stays injury free And slump free
All Romanian players did, but Monica for example is a walking bye on clay as well.

Girl has some big potential and she is very ambitious.
Curcubeu is offline  
post #320 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
All Romanian players did, but Monica for example is a walking bye on clay as well.

Girl has some big potential and she is very ambitious.
All of our top girls have ambition, but, as far as I'm concerned, Jaq has a few other basic weapons for a top player: big serve, good groundstrokes, huge stamina and a functioning brain.
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #321 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 26,882
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
functioning brain.


One day later, I'm still speakless.
Curcubeu is offline  
post #322 of 964 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
soimu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: fcpi ROU
Posts: 1,036
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Lost to a compatriot Ana Bogdan - J.A. Cristian 6-1 6-3
soimu is offline  
post #323 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Two Ioanas' have been impressive this week
Ioana Ducu made the final of a G1 in Morocco, with good wins over Elise Mertens and Deborah Chiesa, 2 good juniors. Final against Christina Makarova tomorrow.
Ioana Diana Pietroiu, a girl I've never heard of, made the final of BNP PARIBAS Cup, France, TE U14 as the 11th seed, which is quite impressive. Plays Olga Fridman in the final, one of the top '98 girls.
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #324 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 1,531
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Two Ioanas' have been impressive this week
Ioana Ducu made the final of a G1 in Morocco, with good wins over Elise Mertens and Deborah Chiesa, 2 good juniors. Final against Christina Makarova tomorrow.
Ioana Diana Pietroiu, a girl I've never heard of, made the final of BNP PARIBAS Cup, France, TE U14 as the 11th seed, which is quite impressive. Plays Olga Fridman in the final, one of the top '98 girls.
Let's also add the more familiar Andreea Rosca who won the U14 tournament in Bergheim , Austria, as #1 seed.
She defeated #4 Zeleva in the Final.
Two more Ioanas, Ioana Guna and Ioana Minca also reached the Semis at the same tournament.
You are right, there must be something about the name Ioana
codrutc is offline  
post #325 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Let's also add the more familiar Andreea Rosca who won the U14 tournament in Bergheim , Austria, as #1 seed.
She defeated #4 Zeleva in the Final.
Two more Ioanas, Ioana Guna and Ioana Minca also reached the Semis at the same tournament.
You are right, there must be something about the name Ioana
Aye, but if we speak about Ioanas, definitely Ioana Rosca still has a lot to prove, as she started really great one year ago, but took it easy afterwards.
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #326 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Ioana Ducu won that G1 She's moving up to top 70.
Ioana Pietroiu lost, dunno the score. I've found out she's living in Warsaw, Poland with her family, she's born in Buzau and she's left-handed. And I love lefties And made finals in her last four tourneys (winner in G14 and G16, RU in other G14 and other G16).
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #327 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Oh, and this is Ioana Pietroiu:





Tennis Europe just posted them on facebook.
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #328 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Andreea Rosca has won her last three tournaments Three G16s, one in Romania (Mamaia), one in Hungary and one in Austria.
She also lost only 1 set along the way, but won 3 matches after walkovers.

This time last year, she won 5 G12s in a row. And now she's winning G16s on a regular basis
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #329 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 1,531
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

The last one was G14 but yes, it appears that this time of the year (June - July) she is invincible.
She is in another G14 in Austria this week.
codrutc is offline  
post #330 of 964 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
The last one was G14 but yes, it appears that this time of the year (June - July) she is invincible.
She is in another G14 in Austria this week.
Yup, my fault

By the way, G3 in Timisoara this week and Jackie is there
Dan_Doe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome