Fed Cup Romania - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #796 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Nightcrawl3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,460
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
Dolce Sport interviewing everyone they can get on camera, including Cristina Dinu. Do they ask why she hasn't been playing lately? Nah, just her thoughts on Halep-Ivanovic head:wall.

I think Sorana should do well in her next game. She seems to play well with the crowd behind her & I don't think it's coincidence she played some of her best tennis yesterday or last year in Toronto which turned into a home tournament for her.
Chill , they probably don't even know who Dinu is , how old is she or what place in the WTA Rankings she occupies .

Would interview even the homeless for a little more "audience"

.
Nightcrawl3r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #797 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Not A Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,919
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Sorana may or may not win.... but we can count on Moni and Irina to save the day if it comes to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
49 ue uau. I don't remember when she had last time so many ue. For sure she wasn't 100% fit to play with a good player today.
lol... even Sori had less yesterday in three sets ))))
Not A Fan is offline  
post #798 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
ioana_sk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,332
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Chill , they probably don't even know who Dinu is , how old is she or what place in the WTA Rankings she occupies .

Would interview even the homeless for a little more "audience"
They introduced her a top 200 player and Fed cup reserve player, so they did have some clue. I was probably asking for too much thinking they could click on 'activity' on the ITF site and notice she hasn't played for a while. Could risk injuring a pinky finger with all that mouse clicking
ioana_sk8r is offline  
post #799 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,200
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
49 ue uau. I don't remember when she had last time so many ue. For sure she wasn't 100% fit to play with a good player today. For sure she will look better in Stuttgart. Now Sorana save the day girl please!
90 minutes between finishing off Bojana today, and then facing big-hitting Ivanovic is brutal. Ana had been well-rested for 24 hours while Simo was clearly flat. That's why, in WTA events, if players have to play twice in a day, there's usally a 5 or 6 hour break.
phantomplayer89 is offline  
post #800 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Nightcrawl3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,460
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
They introduced her a top 200 player and Fed cup reserve player, so they did have some clue. I was probably asking for too much thinking they could click on 'activity' on the ITF site and notice she hasn't played for a while. Could risk injuring a pinky finger with all that mouse clicking
Well , the wrong clues (as expected). Not a top 200 player in this period and not a reserve Fed Cup player this year . Cadantu, Olaru and Dulgheru were the reserves.

.
Nightcrawl3r is offline  
post #801 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Well , the wrong clues (as expected). Not a top 200 player in this period and not a reserve Fed Cup player this year . Cadantu, Olaru and Dulgheru were the reserves.

.
They actually said Fed Cup team member, as she played in 2013 for Romania
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #802 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 26,882
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Let's hope that Sorana will hold her nerves. Serving good so far.

I wouldn't read much into Simona's loss. The conditions were tough for her.
Curcubeu is offline  
post #803 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Fed Cup

As for Simona, hate to say this but the thing that stands out is that the pressure of being the favorite in these Fed Cup matches does more bad to her than good. She was 6-0 in singles before this year and after her top 10 debut she's 3-2. Not so great. And I don't think playing 3 sets and a half in one day is the reason, as her father and commentators wanted to let us believe. Someone just likes being a dark horse
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #804 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
ioana_sk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,332
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Does Jovanovski talk to herself as she hits the ball, or is that "just" an elaborate grunt?
ioana_sk8r is offline  
post #805 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Not A Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,919
                     
Re: Fed Cup

At this level, between two top players every little thing counts! Even things like changing the racket before/after new balls, that to me always seem crazy... so having more rest is definably a big competitive advantage that can make the difference in a close encounter.
Not A Fan is offline  
post #806 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM
country flag Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 17,992
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Is obvious that Bojana is tired. If Sorana only keeps this lvl she will win the match without problems.

Simona Halep. Sorana Cîrstea,Jelena Janković,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitová,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Šafářová,Madison Keys,Donna Vekić,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwańska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas,Karolína Plíšková,Carina Witthöft
Best Romanian Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxd...Dst_z6&index=1
Dan is offline  
post #807 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:20 PM
country flag Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 17,992
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Oh Sori you didn't hold.

Simona Halep. Sorana Cîrstea,Jelena Janković,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitová,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Šafářová,Madison Keys,Donna Vekić,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwańska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas,Karolína Plíšková,Carina Witthöft
Best Romanian Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxd...Dst_z6&index=1
Dan is offline  
post #808 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,200
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
As for Simona, hate to say this but the thing that stands out is that the pressure of being the favorite in these Fed Cup matches does more bad to her than good. She was 6-0 in singles before this year and after her top 10 debut she's 3-2. Not so great. And I don't think playing 3 sets and a half in one day is the reason, as her father and commentators wanted to let us believe. Someone just likes being a dark horse
It is a reason. Playing 2 matches within 90 minutes against to completely different players is taxing. Not to mention, she was playing a solid top 20 opponent who had a full 24 hours of rest. It was clear as day Simo was flat and sluggish. She didn't have the zip on her shots, and her movement was slower than usual. She had glimpses of her best form, but was unable to maintain it.

Same thing can be said about Jovanovski in her match against Sorana.
phantomplayer89 is offline  
post #809 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Belle de Jour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,364
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
It is a reason. Playing 2 matches within 90 minutes against to completely different players is taxing. Not to mention, she was playing a solid top 20 opponent who had a full 24 hours of rest. It was clear as day Simo was flat and sluggish. She didn't have the zip on her shots, and her movement was slower than usual. She had glimpses of her best form, but was unable to maintain it.

Same thing can be said about Jovanovski in her match against Sorana.
Simona returned short and was slower than usual also in her first match today against BoJo, when she was supposedly fresh. I think the fact that Simona was protecting her injured ankle in the last 2-3 weeks (Ruzici said that she was even forbidden to run or ride the bike) has more to do with her loss today (and the form she showed) than the tiredness factor you all mention. I'm not saying it's easy to play two different opponents in less than 2 hours, but when you're 5th in the world this shouldn't be an issue. That's all
Belle de Jour is offline  
post #810 of 1797 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
scrumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,444
                     
Re: Fed Cup

Peak Sori in that last game from 0-30
scrumm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome