S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 83,873
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

BTW, don't be too harsh on the Williams sisters, Dav. Their coaches actually have similar experiences in managing/involving in games which lasted longer than ATC.
Anyway, just hope the other guys would send their points earlier and immediately.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,813
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
BTW, don't be too harsh on the Williams sisters, Dav. Their coaches actually have similar experiences in managing/involving in games which lasted longer than ATC.
Anyway, just hope the other guys would send their points earlier and immediately.
The only fantasy game older than mine currently is FWTT. As game runners, they should know better than most how tough it can be to remain committed to keeping a game going and I'm sure their results weren't always on time.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
post #48 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,813
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Anyway, some qualifying results coming up.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
 
post #49 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,813
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Qualifying


A. Watson def. Minella 7-5 6-3

A2. S. Williams def. Hercog 6-4 7-6(6)

B. Groth def. Ivanovic W/O


Ivanovic is retired.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
post #50 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
tennisIlove09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 44,073
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

My results were always on time. If players failed to send points, it was walkovers. If it happened two weeks in a row, I retired them. I owe it to the players that did send in on time to post when I said I would. If players don't respect the deadlines, they shouldn't be in the game. If you can't get results when you say, a simple message indicating that would be appreciated. It is a respect issue. This is how I ran my game, and why it was still going strong after ten seasons. Since this game can't follow suit and basic respect principals, I do retire. Effective immediately.
tennisIlove09 is offline  
post #51 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Daniela-Is-Mine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 19,969
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09 View Post
My results were always on time. If players failed to send points, it was walkovers. If it happened two weeks in a row, I retired them. I owe it to the players that did send in on time to post when I said I would. If players don't respect the deadlines, they shouldn't be in the game. If you can't get results when you say, a simple message indicating that would be appreciated. It is a respect issue. This is how I ran my game, and why it was still going strong after ten seasons. Since this game can't follow suit and basic respect principals, I do retire. Effective immediately.

Bye bitch. you sure as well were annoying.


x6 at the bolded part.

Daniela Hantuchova
Agnieszka, Becca, Nicole, Scone
Jelena, Kate, Stefanie, Angelique, Magdalena, Petra K
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline  
post #52 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Broseghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 25,628
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

This game

DRAMATC

Elena Dementieva ♥


MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI | BEATRIZ HADDAD MAIA
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | ANGELIQUE KERBER | VENUS WILLIAMS | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline  
post #53 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,813
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09 View Post
My results were always on time. If players failed to send points, it was walkovers. If it happened two weeks in a row, I retired them. I owe it to the players that did send in on time to post when I said I would. If players don't respect the deadlines, they shouldn't be in the game. If you can't get results when you say, a simple message indicating that would be appreciated. It is a respect issue. This is how I ran my game, and why it was still going strong after ten seasons. Since this game can't follow suit and basic respect principals, I do retire. Effective immediately.
Wonderful You were a good player and you contributed a lot, but your negative and whiney presence will not be missed.

I do respect my players, I respect the ones who, for whatever reason, cannot be online 24/7 and may miss deadlines, so I extend the deadlines (within reason) to give them a chance to compete. I'm sorry that patience is not one of your virtues. Goodbye.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
post #54 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
tennisIlove09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 44,073
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Having patience has nothing to do with it. If you let one player bend the rules, then by virture every player can bend the rules. And then the game is chaotic. This is would be the game doesn't have a consistent tournament schedule or a playing schedule. (For example, in my game ... points were always due Monday. Play started Tuesday. Play always ended on Saturday. This gave players Saturday, Sunday, Monday for new points. Granted, if they lost early they had all week to send in new points. This happened EVERY week, so if a player wasn't around on the computer, for whatever reason, they knew in advance the schedule. I only point this out because this game never has consistent posting. Players have NO idea when the points are going to be due, which is why half of them are late every week, which then delays the results. If you run a tighter ship, you'll have a more consistent game)

I was one of the few players in this game that actually 1 - got points in on time every time 2 - posted articles (win or lose) in every event that I played in and you choose to call me out and be nasty? If you want the core group of players that have been here forever, but do nothing but bitch and attack the new players here, then so be it. I would rather player a game where writing articles and participating means something. No attacked for being a new player or being "negative".
tennisIlove09 is offline  
post #55 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,813
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09 View Post
Having patience has nothing to do with it. If you let one player bend the rules, then by virture every player can bend the rules. And then the game is chaotic. This is would be the game doesn't have a consistent tournament schedule or a playing schedule. (For example, in my game ... points were always due Monday. Play started Tuesday. Play always ended on Saturday. This gave players Saturday, Sunday, Monday for new points. Granted, if they lost early they had all week to send in new points. This happened EVERY week, so if a player wasn't around on the computer, for whatever reason, they knew in advance the schedule. I only point this out because this game never has consistent posting. Players have NO idea when the points are going to be due, which is why half of them are late every week, which then delays the results. If you run a tighter ship, you'll have a more consistent game)
I'm glad your life allows you to stick to this sort of schedule so rigidly, unforunately mine doesn't, but I do my best, as I stated earlier, the only active fantasy game that is older than mine is FWTT, I've seen lots of games where game runners frantically post tournaments/results and then get sick of it after two seasons or even one, I have remained comitted.

And having patience has plenty to do with it, I am aware that players are sometimes made to wait, but there have been times when those players have found themselves delayed but I have extended the deadline to allow them to compete, which they have appreciated, and I said within reason. The only reason I'm still delaying is because Azarenka thought she wasn't part of the draw, I told her she was and have allowed her time to send, is that not respecting the players? I don't extend the deadline by weeks, I'm talking a day or two.

Quote:
I was one of the few players in this game that actually 1 - got points in on time every time 2 - posted articles (win or lose) in every event that I played in and you choose to call me out and be nasty? If you want the core group of players that have been here forever, but do nothing but bitch and attack the new players here, then so be it. I would rather player a game where writing articles and participating means something. No attacked for being a new player or being "negative".
I just acknowledged your contributions to the game in my last post? Thank you for that. I do not appreciate, however, players wanting to retire because they aren't winning every event and constant complaints because results are late, that's being negative and that's why I called you out, I don't see anybody being 'nasty'. And as for attacking players because they are new? Do you see me attacking Shvedova or Hercog??? It's your attitude

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
post #56 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,348
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09 View Post
Having patience has nothing to do with it. If you let one player bend the rules, then by virture every player can bend the rules. And then the game is chaotic. This is would be the game doesn't have a consistent tournament schedule or a playing schedule. (For example, in my game ... points were always due Monday. Play started Tuesday. Play always ended on Saturday. This gave players Saturday, Sunday, Monday for new points. Granted, if they lost early they had all week to send in new points. This happened EVERY week, so if a player wasn't around on the computer, for whatever reason, they knew in advance the schedule. I only point this out because this game never has consistent posting. Players have NO idea when the points are going to be due, which is why half of them are late every week, which then delays the results. If you run a tighter ship, you'll have a more consistent game)

I was one of the few players in this game that actually 1 - got points in on time every time 2 - posted articles (win or lose) in every event that I played in and you choose to call me out and be nasty? If you want the core group of players that have been here forever, but do nothing but bitch and attack the new players here, then so be it. I would rather player a game where writing articles and participating means something. No attacked for being a new player or being "negative".
You remind me of that horrible 70 year old Math teacher everyone had when they were 12 - take a chill pill and learn to be flexible Please don't ever be my manager at work

Life happens! That's great if you have all this free time on your hands to be so uptight in your game, but I'm totally with Dav. on this one. I don't think any of the people who actively have played this game sit in the Games section of TF.com refreshing every 5 minutes hoping for results. It's mindless fun and entertainment, and that's the way it should be run and enjoyed. Who cares if it's delayed a day or two? I'm not making any money off being #1 in this game, so who cares?
MH0861 is offline  
post #57 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Ivanovic2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,419
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

to Dav.

Still riding that Ivanovic coaster
Ivanovic2008 is offline  
post #58 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 83,873
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseghini View Post
This game

DRAMATC
Seems like Justine started the chaos.

to everyone. It's just a game anyway. Different people have different way of doing things. That's alright. No need to be agitated.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
post #59 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Broseghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 25,628
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Seems like Justine started the chaos.

to everyone. It's just a game anyway. Different people have different way of doing things. That's alright. No need to be agitated.
This.

Is obviously difficult to respect the deadline because we have a real life (I'm an example in my game). And if someone is able to always do at the right time, congratulations, he's an unoccupied

Elena Dementieva ♥


MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI | BEATRIZ HADDAD MAIA
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | ANGELIQUE KERBER | VENUS WILLIAMS | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline  
post #60 of 133 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I've got this feeling...
 
zvonarevarulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 5,073
                     
Re: S6 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

What the hell goes on here when I don't pay attention? But seriously, this is just a game. We all have lives. I sure know I do!!! I mean, I have three kids under five years old, work part-time, and I'm going to school.
And for those of you who don't appreciate all the work Dav does for us, you can go screw yourselves.kthxbye


Forever my girl
zvonarevarulz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome