ATC Schedule - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2007, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,814
                     
ATC Schedule

Schedule

Plexi

Week 1 - ASB Classic, Auckland (Tier III)
Week 2 - Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts, Gold Coast (Tier II)
Week 3 - Apia International, Sydney (Tier I)
Week 4 - Australian Open, Melbourne (Grand Slam)

Clay

Week 5 - Bausch & Lomb Championships, Amelia Island (Tier II)
Week 6 - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome (Tier I)
Week 7 - Internationaux de Strasbourg, Strasbourg (Tier III)
Week 8 - Roland Garros, Paris (Grand Slam)

Grass

Week 9 - AEGON Classic, Birmingham (Tier III)
Week 10 - UNICEF Open, 's-Hertogenbosch (Tier II)
Week 11 - AEGON International, Eastbourne (Tier I)
Week 12 - Wimbledon, London (Grand Slam)

Hard

Week 13 - Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati (Tier III)
Week 14 - Rogers Cup, Toronto/Montreal (Tier I)
Week 15 - New Haven Open at Yale, New Haven (Tier II)
Week 16 - US Open, New York (Grand Slam)

Indoor

Week 17 - Proximus Diamond Games, Antwerp (Tier II)
Week 18 - Kremlin Cup, Moscow (Tier I)
Week 19 - Bell Challenge, Quebec City (Tier III)
Week 20 - Year-End Championships, Madrid (YEC) OR Tournament of Champions, Bali (YEC)

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena

Last edited by The Daviator; Apr 10th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
The Daviator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Harvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,781
                     
Re: ATC S1 Schedule

i think this is a great schedule...

dellacqua • dokic • groth • molik • stosur
holland • mirkovic • moore • rogowska • wejnert
clijsters • hantuchova • jankovic • sharapova • venus
Harvs is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Alizé Molik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dumbéa
Posts: 4,646
                     
Re: ATC S1 Schedule

this schedule seriously kicks arse.

BARTOLI, Marion ♠ CORNET, Alizé ♣ MLADENOVIC, Kristina ♥ GARCIA, Caroline
Alizé Molik is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
GracefulVenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,227
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

I say add a Tier I on the indoor season, maybe Zurich and put the YEC on a neutral surface. Everyone else has a chance to win a slam on their surface worth 1000 points. Adding a Tier one would give indoor players the same opportunity, we would just have to win two tournaments to do it.

Venus Williams

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Senior Member
 
dulkogii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,943
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

I like this schedule

[B]Gisela Dulko - Paula Ormaechea - Maria Kirilenko -
dulkogii is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Dubai Love
 
Uranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 52,611
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
I say add a Tier I on the indoor season, maybe Zurich and put the YEC on a neutral surface. Everyone else has a chance to win a slam on their surface worth 1000 points. Adding a Tier one would give indoor players the same opportunity, we would just have to win two tournaments to do it.
you're just trying to get something to benefit you since you have to defend YEC points


Uranium is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:00 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
GracefulVenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,227
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
you're just trying to get something to benefit you since you have to defend YEC points
Sure I am, but I don't get to play for a slam with 4 aces. Why not add an extra Tier I event on the indoor schedule to give indoor players the same chance to earn points on their favorite surface. Besides, the YEC should be just that, the YEC on a neutral surface with all players that make it having 2 aces a piece. With only 2 or 3 players having 4 aces at the YEC, it really doesn't make it fun or challenging for the other players that have waited all season to play the YEC.

Sure I will benefit from this, but I think everyone can agree that it is fair, and most of all the YEC will be on a neutral surface, giving everyone a chance to win it, not just the 4 ace indoor players.

Venus Williams

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 83,058
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

1.Adding another Tier I for the indoors.
2.YEC is on neutral surface.
No objections.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,814
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

I understand what you're saying GV, but we didn't do that last season, no one had any complaints, and therefore I don't think we should change it Again I understand your feelings since you'll likely miss the YEC, but I can't change the game because you missed the first two surfaces, I know it's tough

One thing I might consider is upgrading Linz to Tier I status, and giving more points for the YEC, but I'd like the YEC to stay indoors.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Vamos.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,416
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Last year you only got to the YEC because you picked Indoors as your first surface. It is your own dumb and cowardly error that has come to bite you in the behind, and I, for one, am glad.

I moaned about you having indoors as top last year; it was basically a free ticket to the YEC and then you could dominate there too. Not because of ability, oh no, just because everyone else sucks on it. At least it will be an even field this year. Much better. Stay firm Dav.

I know just--just what you are--ah-ah.


I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.


Vamos. is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
GracefulVenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,227
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Even_Amateur View Post
Last year you only got to the YEC because you picked Indoors as your first surface. It is your own dumb and cowardly error that has come to bite you in the behind, and I, for one, am glad.

I moaned about you having indoors as top last year; it was basically a free ticket to the YEC and then you could dominate there too. Not because of ability, oh no, just because everyone else sucks on it. At least it will be an even field this year. Much better. Stay firm Dav.
I know, I know.......it's been said millions of times before, but you really are an ASSHOLE!!! And BTW I made the YEC without winning a slam, must have some skill

Venus Williams

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.

Last edited by GracefulVenus; Mar 23rd, 2008 at 06:16 PM.
GracefulVenus is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
GracefulVenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,227
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
I understand what you're saying GV, but we didn't do that last season, no one had any complaints, and therefore I don't think we should change it Again I understand your feelings since you'll likely miss the YEC, but I can't change the game because you missed the first two surfaces, I know it's tough

One thing I might consider is upgrading Linz to Tier I status, and giving more points for the YEC, but I'd like the YEC to stay indoors.
sorry to hear that, but I still have to disagree, the YEC should be played on a neutral surface. But I'll move on.

Venus Williams

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Vamos.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,416
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
I know, I know.......it's been said millions of times before, but you really are an ASSHOLE!!! And BTW I made the YEC without winning a slam, must have some skill


...you know I'm right bitch. Now do, please for the sake of everyone, move on. And then next season change your surface preferences.

I know just--just what you are--ah-ah.


I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.


Vamos. is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Farina Elia Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: wales
Posts: 24,128
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

I say YEC on a neutral surface, shows who really is the best or at least something like the olympics so once a season everyone can compete evenly together
Farina Elia Fan is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
*
 
The Daviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,814
                     
Re: ATC Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
sorry to hear that, but I still have to disagree, the YEC should be played on a neutral surface. But I'll move on.
But there were no issues last season I'd like to keep S2 as close to S1 as possible, those who pick Indoor as their best are taking a risk, if it pays off then they've got a great chance at the YEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farina Elia Fan View Post
I say YEC on a neutral surface, shows who really is the best or at least something like the olympics so once a season everyone can compete evenly together
I like the idea of an Olympics, I might squeeze it in after the US Open.

Ivanovic * Kvitova * Serena
The Daviator is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome