Big match on Sunday between Florida and Georgia. Predictions:
Georgia takes the doubles point with wins at 1 and 2.
1. Lauren Herring (UGA) def. Olivia Janowicz (UF)
2. Maho Kowase (UGA) def. Brianna Morgan (UF)
3. Silvia Garcia* (UGA) def. Alexandra Cercone (UF)
4. Sofie Oyen (UF) def. Lilly Kimbell (UGA)
5. Belinda Woolcock (UF) def. Kate Fuller (UGA)
6. Stefani Stojic (UF)/Kourtney Keegan (UF) def. Mia King (UGA)
I'm most unsure about 2 and 6. I think the match comes down to those lines. Great chance for UGA to make a huge jump in the rankings with wins of #5 Virginia and #3 Florida.
*I think UGA flips Silvia and Maho for this match since Silvia beat Cercone in the fall in straight sets while Maho lost in straights. I think that's also partly why Silvia was put at #3 for the Tennessee and Virginia matches to provide precedent.
I agree with most of that, but King has been playing great and is high on confidence after her Virginia clinch and double bagel today, while the Florida #6's haven't been anything special. I also think #2 will be tight, but playing at home should help Maho; the crowd there loves her.
It is what it is during the SEC regular season. Whatever lineup is submitted for the week is the lineup you have to go with. You can pull a player and move everyone up a spot, but you can't switch players up or down, like Amalgamate implied. This week Georgia has Garcia at two and Kowase at three.