NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Draws - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,142
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
My only question about Robin is that she doesn't seem to be peaking at the right times. After beating an injured Gibbs, she's lost her last two matches heading into the NCAA's...also she's not consistent enough to win a string of big matches to bring home some hardware.


Robin's last two matches:

Date Event Rnd/Pos Opponent Opponent School Result Score
4/19/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 Univ. of Southern California Loss 6-1, 6-0
4/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #21 Jacqueline Cako #26 Arizona State University Loss 6-2, 6-3


As far as Sabs, all her trophy's are attributed to playing doubles with KK and I am sure KK covers more of the court.

Let's see if Sabs makes it past the QF's in NCAA singles this year.

She's been dominant and consistent all year, I wonder if she can capitalize on her success. Otherwise, she'll be more known as KK's doubles partner.
check what Robin did during the preseason. I believe she won a string of matches AND a string of hardwares. Robin just needs to stay away from playing Sabs and she will be fine (even though Robin did beat her handily at the beginning of the season)

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-t.../teamigbg.html
slickshoes510 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 124
 
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Aren't there quite a few players that are ranked or still ranked high that got much of their status from fall play?
3gtennis is offline  
post #18 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,249
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post

As far as Sabs, all her trophy's are attributed to playing doubles with KK and I am sure KK covers more of the court.
I first thought so too, but more I see her play dbls with KK, she's more contributing right now. KK is also benefitting from Sabs' lobs and drives. I'd say the contribution is even between her and KK now.

Didn't Sabs advance to Quarterfinal last year? I'm sure she'll win it all this time, since Sabs>Gibbs=Embree
fantic is offline  
 
post #19 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
2nd_serve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
Aren't there quite a few players that are ranked or still ranked high that got much of their status from fall play?
Yes, but that is a pattern that happened other years too. I'd rather that they weight the scheduled part of the year more, but they may have their reasons.
2nd_serve is offline  
post #20 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 265
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Hope Cako gets a good draw in singles. I saw Duke's Goldfeld/Clayton on the doubles list but Isn't Esther Goldfeld out for the remainder of the season? Why is she listed in doubles? Im really hoping for Cako/Smith to get in! They are second on the alternates list!

Georgia vs. ASU is a tough draw!

David Jaime
davidjaime is offline  
post #21 of 196 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
goOudinUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Believe
Posts: 41,366
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

GL to the Georgia girls!

goOudinUSA is offline  
post #22 of 196 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Barktra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 22,155
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Let's go Santamaria and Christian

Love Sabs game
Barktra is offline  
post #23 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,249
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Suddenly Kyle is on the rise;

Her recent result;

4/28/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Final #14 Krista Hardebeck #12 Stanford Win 6-1, 6-0
4/26/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Semifinals #25 Kristie Ahn #12 Stanford Win 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
4/26/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Quarterfinals #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Win 6-4, 3-2 Ret (inj.)
4/25/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Round of 32 Julyette Steur University of Colorado Win 7-5, 6-0
4/25/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Round of 16 Kim Stubbe University of Arizona Win 6-3, 6-3
4/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 #9 Danielle Lao #5 University of Southern California Win 6-2, 6-4

4/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #100 Nicole Long #69 University of Oregon Win 7-5, 6-4
4/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Leighann Sahagun #26 Arizona State University Win 6-3, 7-5
4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #50 Lacey Smyth University of Arizona Win 6-0, 7-5
3/30/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #43 Klara Fabikova #8 California Loss 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #14 Krista Hardebeck #12 Stanford Loss 7-5, 6-1
fantic is offline  
post #24 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,249
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Lauren's results; didn't have that many quality opponents

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia U 7-6 (1), 5-6 DNF
4/20/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-2, 6-1

4/19/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-2
4/14/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-1
4/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #28 Nadia Ravita #48 University of Kentucky U
4/7/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #111 Georgiana Patrasc Mississippi State University U 0-6, 6-4
4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #45 Caroline Rohde-Moe #37 University of Mississippi Win 6-4, 6-0
3/31/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #47 Yang Pang #51 University of Arkansas Win 6-2, 6-1
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Kaitlin Burns #66 Louisiana State University U Florida led 6-2, 6-5
3/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #22 Pleun Burgmans #25 Auburn University Win 6-4, 6-3
3/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #34 Mary Anne Macfarlane #9 University of Alabama Win 6-1, 6-3
3/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #24 Brynn Boren #31 University of Tennessee Win 6-3, 6-1
3/15/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia Win 6-4, 4-6, 6-3

3/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #109 Katerina Popova #34 University of South Carolina Win 6-0, 6-2
3/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Mia Vriens #21 Florida State University Win 6-1, 6-1
3/3/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-4, 7-5
3/1/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #84 Cierra Gaytan-Leach #64 Univ. of Missouri, Columbia Win 6-2,6-1
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #13 Nicole Gibbs #12 Stanford U
2/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #16 Yana Koroleva #13 Clemson University Win 6-1, 1-6, 7-6(2)
2/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #7 Gina Suarez-Malaguti #2 North Carolina Win 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
2/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #29 Hanna Mar #15 Duke University U 1-6, 7-6

2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #10 Ema Burgic #20 Baylor University Win 6-4, 6-7 (6), 1-0 (10-7)
1/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Loreta Alonso #62 University of South Florida Win 6-1, 6-1
11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Round of 16 #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 6-1
fantic is offline  
post #25 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Lauren's results; didn't have that many quality opponents

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia U 7-6 (1), 5-6 DNF
4/20/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-2, 6-1

4/19/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-2
4/14/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-1
4/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #28 Nadia Ravita #48 University of Kentucky U
4/7/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #111 Georgiana Patrasc Mississippi State University U 0-6, 6-4
4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #45 Caroline Rohde-Moe #37 University of Mississippi Win 6-4, 6-0
3/31/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #47 Yang Pang #51 University of Arkansas Win 6-2, 6-1
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Kaitlin Burns #66 Louisiana State University U Florida led 6-2, 6-5
3/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #22 Pleun Burgmans #25 Auburn University Win 6-4, 6-3
3/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #34 Mary Anne Macfarlane #9 University of Alabama Win 6-1, 6-3
3/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #24 Brynn Boren #31 University of Tennessee Win 6-3, 6-1
3/15/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia Win 6-4, 4-6, 6-3

3/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #109 Katerina Popova #34 University of South Carolina Win 6-0, 6-2
3/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Mia Vriens #21 Florida State University Win 6-1, 6-1
3/3/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-4, 7-5
3/1/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #84 Cierra Gaytan-Leach #64 Univ. of Missouri, Columbia Win 6-2,6-1
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #13 Nicole Gibbs #12 Stanford U
2/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #16 Yana Koroleva #13 Clemson University Win 6-1, 1-6, 7-6(2)
2/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #7 Gina Suarez-Malaguti #2 North Carolina Win 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
2/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #29 Hanna Mar #15 Duke University U 1-6, 7-6

2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #10 Ema Burgic #20 Baylor University Win 6-4, 6-7 (6), 1-0 (10-7)
1/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Loreta Alonso #62 University of South Florida Win 6-1, 6-1
11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Round of 16 #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 6-1

you would ! lol beating top 10 six times in a season wouldn't be quality wins... not counting other top 20's, top 30's, etc
desariofan is offline  
post #26 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,249
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Well, aside from Herring and S-C..not many top players..the result just doesn't seem too impressive to me And I like Embree
fantic is offline  
post #27 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Well, aside from Herring and S-C..not many top players..the result just doesn't seem too impressive to me And I like Embree
but exactly who are we comparing her resume this year to that would make her results seem "inferior" to you? If you said no one then no you don't like Embree. LOL. Just personal bias.
desariofan is offline  
post #28 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,249
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

when did I say 'inferior'? And do I have to 'compare' with other players? Believe me I like Embree Well, you just have to fight whatever opponent that's in front of you I guess.
fantic is offline  
post #29 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 361
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Embree just wins, and finds various ways to do so. She will not beat herself and when it comes to dual matches, is as good as anyone at finding a way to get that point. I wouldn't want any other player in the country on the court needing a point to clinch a win.
UFGatorFan is offline  
post #30 of 196 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
when did I say 'inferior'? And do I have to 'compare' with other players? Believe me I like Embree Well, you just have to fight whatever opponent that's in front of you I guess.

Love how you answer my questions with questions. I am just curious that's all. I should know better going forward than to nitpick with you.
desariofan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome