2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,293
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Don't understand why people think Florida will win.. I think Duke is a clear favorite in this tourney, along with Pac 12 powers UCLA, Stanford and Cal.
knoxt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Don't understand why people think Florida will win.. I think Duke is a clear favorite in this tourney, along with Pac 12 powers UCLA, Stanford and Cal.
Actually laughed out loud at this.

For starters, and amoung other things...

Final Score: Florida 5, Duke 0

1. Sofie Oyen/Allie Will (3), UF d. Beatrice Capra/Rachel Kahan (19), DU 8-6
2. Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather (11), UF d. Hanna Mar/Annie Mulholland, DU, 8-5
3. Alexandra Cercone/Olivia Janowicz (52), UF d. Mary Clayton/Monica Gorny, DU 8-4*

Doubles...not even close.

1. Beatrice Capra (2), DU led Allie Will (1), UF 6-4, 5-4 - DNF
2. Lauren Embree (14), UF D. Hanna Mar (48), DU, 6-0, 6-2
3. Joanna Mather (19), UF D. Ester Goldfeld (117), DU, 6-3, 6-1*
4. Sofie Oyen (39), UF D. Mary Clayton (71), DU, 2-6, 6-3, 6-0
5. vs. Rachel Kahan (102), DU led Alexandra Cercone (62), UF 1-6, 6-2, 4-2 DNF
6. Caroline Hitimana, UF D. Monica Turewicz, DU, 6-1, 6-0

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #48 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

what's so secret about it?

Could it be you or your team member
fantic is offline  
post #49 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Don't understand why people think Florida will win.. I think Duke is a clear favorite in this tourney, along with Pac 12 powers UCLA, Stanford and Cal.
No mention of USC although they beat UCLA at their home and beat CAL in both venues

USC has nothing to lose
fantic is offline  
post #50 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
No mention of USC although they beat UCLA at their home and beat CAL in both venues

USC has nothing to lose
I am with you on this one - I picked USC to face the gators in the finals. They are looking quite good lately.
desariofan is offline  
post #51 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I am with you on this one - I picked USC to face the gators in the finals. They are looking quite good lately.
they didn't do too well at Ojai, but who knows Anyway I'm fairly content at this stage
fantic is offline  
post #52 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Any doubles team listed on this form, with at least 10 matches as a team at the institution which they will represent at the NCAA championships, may be considered for selection to the doubles championship.

NOTE: All student-athletes listed as doubles teams must be included in the list of eight players designated for the match.

Doubles 1 2 3 Dual Match Record Overall Record
W L W L W L
1 Shinann Featherston
Lauren McHale 16 4 16 4 18 5
2 Haley Hemm
Tessa Lyons 12 4 5 0 17 4 19 5
3 Gina Suarez-Malaguti
Caroline Price 6 4 6 4 6 4


That was close

Last edited by fantic; May 9th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
fantic is offline  
post #53 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,013
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Any doubles team listed on this form, with at least 10 matches as a team at the institution which they will represent at the NCAA championships, may be considered for selection to the doubles championship.

NOTE: All student-athletes listed as doubles teams must be included in the list of eight players designated for the match.

Doubles 1 2 3 Dual Match Record Overall Record
W L W L W L
1 Shinann Featherston
Lauren McHale 16 4 16 4 18 5
2 Haley Hemm
Tessa Lyons 12 4 5 0 17 4 19 5
3 Gina Suarez-Malaguti
Caroline Price 6 4 6 4 6 4


That was close

The 10 match requirement is for the selection to the individual doubles tournament. For the team competition, coaches can pair entirely new teams if they so chose. This has happened a few times in the past IIRC.
CTSEMT is offline  
post #54 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
The 10 match requirement is for the selection to the individual doubles tournament. For the team competition, coaches can pair entirely new teams if they so chose. This has happened a few times in the past IIRC.
Correct.

For example, UGA's #1 team is 3-2 in dual match play and their #2 (Gullickson/Herring) is 0-0

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #55 of 205 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

oh, my mistake, got it
highlighted that part accordingly, thx guys
fantic is offline  
post #56 of 205 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,013
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

An interesting development as Capra is into the Quarters of the Raleigh 25k. So she is definitely unavailable for at least round 1 of NCAAs. No problem there, but round 2 could be much more interesting. Would anyone give South Carolina a shot against Capra-less Duke?
CTSEMT is offline  
post #57 of 205 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,631
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
An interesting development as Capra is into the Quarters of the Raleigh 25k. So she is definitely unavailable for at least round 1 of NCAAs. No problem there, but round 2 could be much more interesting. Would anyone give South Carolina a shot against Capra-less Duke?
I just asked about this in the Raleigh thread. Could the tournament give her first match on so she could play both? Durham is really close by
tucker1989 is offline  
post #58 of 205 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,013
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
I just asked about this in the Raleigh thread. Could the tournament give her first match on so she could play both? Durham is really close by
It seems like she will be first on tomorrow, but in an interview she mentioned that she was planning to play and then head over to Duke to watch and cheer for her team. So, I don't know, maybe she would try to double-up if necessary in R2 if Duke feels like they need her.
CTSEMT is offline  
post #59 of 205 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
 
mboyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,514
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
An interesting development as Capra is into the Quarters of the Raleigh 25k. So she is definitely unavailable for at least round 1 of NCAAs. No problem there, but round 2 could be much more interesting. Would anyone give South Carolina a shot against Capra-less Duke?
In a word, no.

Romney/Ryan 2012
mboyle is offline  
post #60 of 205 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2012 NCAA predictions & bracket analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Have a great time! Maybe you'll see me...or even watch me (knock on wood)
Nobody's wishing Amal good luck

So you ARE playing, Amal? GL
fantic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome