1. #13 Ema Burgic (BU) def. Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) 6-2, 6-2
2. #43 Khunpak Issara (PEP) def. #86 Megan Horter (BU) 6-1, 7-6 (7-5)
3. Victoria Kisialeva (BU) def. #124 Ale Granillo (PEP) 6-1, 2-6, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Kiah Generette (BU) def. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-6)
5. Alex Leatu (BU) def. Megan Moore (PEP) 3-6, 6-2, 6-0
6. Maria Biryukova
(BU) def. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 6-3, 6-1
1. Ema Burgic/Victoria Kisialeva (BU) def. #8 Lorraine Guillermo/Khunpak Issara (PEP) 8-5
2. Alex Leatu/Kiah Generette (BU) vs. Michaela Capannolo/Ale Granillo (PEP) unfinished
3. Alex Clay
/Megan Horter (BU) def. Tara Panu/Megan Moore (PEP) 8-5
Pepperdine 0-6; National ranking #46
Baylor 4-5; National ranking #18
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (1,6,2,5,4,3)
"We're not as bad in doubles as everyone thinks," Scrivano said. "There's some obstacles that we're dealing with that make it very difficult to compete in singles and doubles. We're a team that's a work in progress, as I've said many times. The reality is that we have a lot of new players to our system who didn't play in the preseason, so the bottom line is that we aren't going to be playing our best tennis in February. To all the people who don't know better, we're going to be much better in the second half of the season and in the post season when it really matters.
We're getting there."
To kick off singles play, BU placed another point on the board with No. 13 Burgic's straight-set win over Guillermo, 6-2, 6-2. Burgic is now 7-2 in the top spot for the Lady Bears.
"Ema's becoming a very mature player," Scrivano said. "She's developing nicely. We like the way she's handling herself on the court, and her mindset has improved so much since last year. We need her to continue to do this and take it to another level
Take it to ANOTHER level?
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Lauren Embree #2 University of Florida Loss 6-4, 6-7 (6), 1-0 (10-7)