Pac 12 - Page 39 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #571 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 263
                     
Re: Pac 12

Clayton didnt finish her freshman season, her last match was a win against CAL to earn a hard fought 4-3 victory which kept unbeaten streak alive. She got cut to make room for Mallory Burdette.

David Jaime
davidjaime is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:21 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Courtney Clayton is from Florida. Still asking myself why she stopped playing, should of transfered to Duke with her younger sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Didn't Courtney came to Stanford, following in her brother's footsteps, Alex Clayton
Courtney came to Stanford, the same year that Veronica Li came, another recruit from Florida.
thx! Didn't know Li was from Florida
fantic is offline  
post #573 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

$75,000+H Toyota (JPN) 2012 | Nov 19 (Draws)
Second Round

(1)Casey Dellacqua (AUS) d. Yi-Fan Xu (CHN) 62 64
(5)Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) d. Nicole Gibbs (USA) 46 62 61
fantic is offline  
post #574 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Pac 12

Exhibition

Hawai'i vs. Stanford Results (Nov. 19, 2012)
Doubles
No. 9 Stacey Tan/Ellen Tsay (Stan) def. Katarina Poljakova/Martina Kostalova (UH), 8-6
Natalie Dillon/Krista Hardebeck (Stan) def. Rebecca Faltusz/Xenia Suworowa (UH), 8-2
Kristie Ahn/Lindsay Kostas (Stan) def. Kelly Domingo/Kelsey Daguio (UH), 8-3

Singles
Kristie Ahn (Stan) def. Katarina Poljakova (UH), 6-4, 6-2
Krista Hardebeck (Stan) def. Martina Kostalova (UH), 6-1, 6-2
No. 16 Stacey Tan (Stan) def. Xenia Suworowa (UH), 6-2, 6-2
No. 47 Ellen Tsay (Stan) def. Kelsey Daguio (UH), 6-2, 6-1
Natalie Dillon (Stan) def. Rebecca Faltusz (UH), 6-3, 6-4
Lindsay Kostas (Stan) def. Daisy Green (UH), 6-1, 6-2

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14, WTA Dubai '16
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15

tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #575 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,227
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Exhibition

Hawai'i vs. Stanford Results (Nov. 19, 2012)
Doubles
No. 9 Stacey Tan/Ellen Tsay (Stan) def. Katarina Poljakova/Martina Kostalova (UH), 8-6
Natalie Dillon/Krista Hardebeck (Stan) def. Rebecca Faltusz/Xenia Suworowa (UH), 8-2
Kristie Ahn/Lindsay Kostas (Stan) def. Kelly Domingo/Kelsey Daguio (UH), 8-3

Singles
Kristie Ahn (Stan) def. Katarina Poljakova (UH), 6-4, 6-2
Krista Hardebeck (Stan) def. Martina Kostalova (UH), 6-1, 6-2
No. 16 Stacey Tan (Stan) def. Xenia Suworowa (UH), 6-2, 6-2
No. 47 Ellen Tsay (Stan) def. Kelsey Daguio (UH), 6-2, 6-1
Natalie Dillon (Stan) def. Rebecca Faltusz (UH), 6-3, 6-4
Lindsay Kostas (Stan) def. Daisy Green (UH), 6-1, 6-2
I always wondered why they always have a match against Hawaii on their schedule.

Is it a Stanford perk to escape and go surfing in Hawaii?
tie_breaker is offline  
post #576 of 1552 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Senior Member
 
cowsonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,929
                     
Re: Pac 12

Krista's playing #2 singles?


Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline  
post #577 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Absent player at NIIC banquet.

Scary

fantic is offline  
post #578 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

I'm not sure if the above player will finish her senior year. If the rumor(not about her) is true..
fantic is offline  
post #579 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I'm not sure if the above player will finish her senior year. If the rumor(not about her) is true..
Pulling a Mallory and going pro after her junior year?

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14, WTA Dubai '16
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15

tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #580 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Pulling a Mallory and going pro after her junior year?
Yes Since the rumor is about incoming Freshmen next Fall..
fantic is offline  
post #581 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,631
                     
Re: Pac 12

She said that she was probably going pro after her junior year during an interview in New Haven
tucker1989 is online now  
post #582 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,227
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yes Since the rumor is about incoming Freshmen next Fall..
Ummm, what rumor?

Both Davison and Zhou are incoming Freshmen (replacing Tan and Dillon)

If that scary player pulls a Mallory, then Stanford might need to recruit one more player from the Class of 2013.
I thought I read somewhere that Caroline Doyle is going to Stanford, graduating early, and could play in the Spring 2014.
If so, then Caroline could take the scary player's spot.

Is Christina Makarova still interested in going to Stanford in the Fall of 2014?
Mayo still have plans to turn pro? She could join Makarova and replace Ahn and Herring.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #583 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Ummm, what rumor?

Both Davison and Zhou are incoming Freshmen (replacing Tan and Dillon)

If that scary player pulls a Mallory, then Stanford might need to recruit one more player from the Class of 2013.
I thought I read somewhere that Caroline Doyle is going to Stanford, graduating early, and could play in the Spring 2014.
If so, then Caroline could take the scary player's spot.

Is Christina Makarova still interested in going to Stanford in the Fall of 2014?
Mayo still have plans to turn pro? She could join Makarova and replace Ahn and Herring.
Huh? Where did you get that info
fantic is offline  
post #584 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,227
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Huh? Where did you get that info
It all speculation based on her interest awhile back to play at Stanford. Her older sister went to an Ivy League school, I believe it was Columbia.
Almost like Stacey Tan, but for her it was her younger sister, who went to Dartmouth.

Isn't Southern California the camping ground for many of Stanford's best recruits?
I don't know...it must be the traffic down there that invites them to come up north...do you know anything about that?

Christina could turn pro, but if she goes to college first, my money is on Stanford...

I think she speaks French, born in Canada with Russian parents.
I bet her and Carol could play doubles and wouldn't even need to use hand signals.
Her mother was once the highest ranking player in Russia.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #585 of 1552 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,227
                     
Re: Pac 12

Imagine #3, #4, and #9 coming to the Farm

http://fantic7.blogspot.com/2012/03/class-of-2014.html

and what??? they're all bold

Hardebeck/Davidson/Zhao/Doyle/Makarova/Hibi

That would mean you would have to start cheering for the Cards
tie_breaker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome