Pac 12 - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #406 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Independent Isle
Posts: 7,027
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
Who is the probable Stanford recruit?
Caroline Doyle.
Tennisace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Senior Member
 
cowsonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,929
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
I think that's a pretty unfair statement for Ahn. She was pretty unstoppable until she hurt her ankle. You can't fault her for Stanford's loss to Florida in 2011 and her loss to USC in 2012 was only her third match of the year? If she is healthy, she'll own the No. 4 slot for sure. But that's a big "if", considering the past year.
IIRC (on my phone here) Ahn didn't play much in 2012 to begin with.


Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline  
post #408 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
I think that's a pretty unfair statement for Ahn. She was pretty unstoppable until she hurt her ankle. You can't fault her for Stanford's loss to Florida in 2011 and her loss to USC in 2012 was only her third match of the year? If she is healthy, she'll own the No. 4 slot for sure. But that's a big "if", considering the past year.
If Ahn could hold back a little on her trips to Chipotle , I think her ankle issue would be a dead issue, but after she injured her ankle a couple of years ago, the next year she ended up hurting her other ankle. Not her fault?
tie_breaker is offline  
post #409 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

STAN only needs to take sports psychology class-how NOT to choke - to win it all.

Maybe they can invite as a lecturer Lauren Embree, of course Lauren should charge a hefty consulting fee
fantic is offline  
post #410 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: Pac 12

how would STAN lineup stacks up against UF lineups then next year?
desariofan is offline  
post #411 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
2nd_serve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
how would STAN lineup stacks up against UF lineups then next year?
Florida will be losing their Nos. #1 Allie Will to going pro, and #3, Joann Mather to graduation.

Tennisrecuriting shows that the Gators have one player signed, Daniel Collins. In the Hard Court Championship in San Diego, the new Gator lost to Card's #2 recruit, Lindsay Kostas. Even though that may have been a fluke result, but its there.

Stanford's #1 and #2, are having strong summer play, . Mallory Burdette won two tournaments, a 10K and a 100 K. Those results got her the US Open Main Draw Wild Card.
Nicole Gibbs played #1, and won the NCAA individuals against Mallory Burdette. Gibb's won a 50K this summer. Together the Cardinals are also a doubles team in the Open.

Stanford's incoming top recruit, Krista Hardebeck WTA of 323 is the top seed in the current G18 National Championship.

Kristie Ahn physical condition is still a wild card, she didn't play much last year, but the Cardinal has played some WTA events

The Cardinal lost Veronica Li, who played most of the year at 5. Stacey Tan maybe slotted be playing #4 or #5 next year, and a year ago she was the NCAA individual finalist.
2nd_serve is offline  
post #412 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
how would STAN lineup stacks up against UF lineups then next year?
Bar miracle (a.k.a. choking ), STAN is SO winning the Team Tournament. Expect absolute rampage by them next season.
fantic is offline  
post #413 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Florida will be losing their Nos. #1 Allie Will to going pro, and #3, Joann Mather to graduation.

Tennisrecuriting shows that the Gators have one player signed, Daniel Collins. In the Hard Court Championship in San Diego, the new Gator lost to Card's #2 recruit, Lindsay Kostas. Even though that may have been a fluke result, but its there.

Stanford's #1 and #2, are having strong summer play, . Mallory Burdette won two tournaments, a 10K and a 100 K. Those results got her the US Open Main Draw Wild Card.
Nicole Gibbs played #1, and won the NCAA individuals against Mallory Burdette. Gibb's won a 50K this summer. Together the Cardinals are also a doubles team in the Open.

Stanford's incoming top recruit, Krista Hardebeck WTA of 323 is the top seed in the current G18 National Championship.

Kristie Ahn physical condition is still a wild card, she didn't play much last year, but the Cardinal has played some WTA events

The Cardinal lost Veronica Li, who played most of the year at 5. Stacey Tan maybe slotted be playing #4 or #5 next year, and a year ago she was the NCAA individual finalist.
I think Stanford's biggest challenge will be facing a team within the Pac-12 conference. I don't think Florida will be much of a contender.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #414 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: Pac 12

If Krista wins hard courts, Stanford will have THREE players in the US OPEN MAIN DRAW

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #415 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I think Stanford's biggest challenge will be facing a team within the Pac-12 conference. I don't think Florida will be much of a contender.
Yup, Will's departure is a HUGE blow to them. No chance for 3-peat..
fantic is offline  
post #416 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Pac 12

Today Krista lost to a younger player Chalena Scholl, 62 06 16.

Krista's mental game didn't improve at all, same pattern with that semifinal against Gibbsy last year. The difference is that Scholl's serve was better than Gibbs', so Krista couldn't quite eat up Scholl's serve, hence the more lopsided score. Scholl didn't dominate like Davis did at ITF RSF this year, just that Krista self-destructed when she couldn't pierce through Scholl's defense. Some major chokes at critical moments too.

Krista's losses, I call it 'Mal syndrome' Just can't seem to win in 3, she's basically a 1st set player(against capable opponents). Is Krista not fit enough? Or is it just purely mental? Won 1st set against Davis, Gibbs, Scholl, and lost in the end.

Also, UCLA can beat STAN if;

1. Get Scholl at all cost

2. UCLA already has good dbls players, and when you add Scholl, the better,definitely can win the dbls point.

3. Match players who have won against the opponents before;

Gibbs vs Anderson
Hardebeck vs Scholl
Tsay vs McPhillips

Ball bashers will fail against Krista since it will just feed her..but match her with the best defensive player, she might self destruct; Lauren Davis, Nicole Gibbs, Chalena Scholl all are excellent defensive players. Lauren actually dominated Krista in service and return game, Nicole schooled Krista with drop shots and slices, Chalena also used slice and drop shot to good effect and moreover served better than Nicole so didn't get hit too many serve return winners like Nicole did

So, already 4 wins. Looks quite possible now.

Last edited by fantic; Aug 14th, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
fantic is offline  
post #417 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

So, already 4 wins. Looks quite possible now.
Sorry...can't understand your French....lol!
What are you talking about? going back and forth with UCLA and Stanford? Once Krista gets on the Farm, Lele is gonna have that Stanford winning tradition talk with her...visits with the other Stanford athletes/stars...after that...it's lights out and I doubt Krista will lose more than 2 matches in 2012-2013.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #418 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Oh and Krista's one prior 3 matches with 3 sets and 6 of last 9 matches with 3 sets...so really?
As far as "Mal syndrome" or the Stanford choke...it is what it is and the Tree is due because they're 0 for 2 and the worst they've gone is 0 for 3.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #419 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Yup, Will's departure is a HUGE blow to them. No chance for 3-peat..
That means that the choke master instructor will be playing at #1....Ms. Lauren Embree. Actually, the person who they should really bring, master of mental strength is 2-time NCAA champion Amber Liu. I doubt she's all that busy, unless she's chasing Michael Chang around as he plays in Montreal in place of Andre "my back is hurting" Agassi.
Now what I can't understand is how Lauren and Mallory are all of a sudden besties?!?!?!
tie_breaker is offline  
post #420 of 1552 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,229
                     
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Caroline Doyle.
She's a 5 star recruit, right? Tough for a 5 star recruit to start on Stanford's line-up consisting mostly of Blue-chippers!!! Just saying...
tie_breaker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome