If Utah gets an NCAA at-large because an injured Arizona State team gift wraps a win for them that would piss me off.
Here's a BIG mystery. How the heck did UNLV and Fresno State get a win by default against rising #48 VCU without even playing them?
They don't even show up on the VCU schedule.
Me thinks you are gonna be pissed off...
Utah stops the bleeding and picks up another top 50 win
RE: VCU... since the VCU release in early March said they were headed to UNLV... my complete GUESS.... total speculation... one has to wonder if there was a major disciplinary issue while they were in Vegas and they just suspended the girls? Since there is no comment from any of the three teams than I rule out illness so a disciplinary thing makes sense.
What sucks is that Fresno gets a bs win without even playing that jacks up their ranking.
No. 43 Utah 6, No. 44 Washington 1
1) Putilina/Craig (Utah) def. Dy/Smith (UW), 8-6
2) Flores/Smith (Utah) def. Nemcevic/Shimizu (UW), 9-7
3) Lukac/Coronel (UW) def. Pham/Watson (Utah), 8-2
Order of finish: 3, 1, 2
1) (77) Anastasia Putilina (Utah) def. (20) Denise Dy (UW), 6-2, 6-7 (5), 6-2
2) Sarah Pham (Utah) def. Andjela Nemcevic (UW), 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
3) Callie Craig (Utah) def. Samantha Smith (UW), 4-6, 6-5, ret.
4) Julija Lukac (UW) def. Lucia Kovarcikova (Utah), 7-6 (2), 6-1
5) Danielle Flores (Utah) def. Natali Coronel (UW), 6-4, 6-1
6) Natasha Smith (Utah) def. Riko Shimizu (UW), 6-2, 2-1, ret.
Order of finish: 6, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3