Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships - Congrats Fantic! (Post #82) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

1st Round Winners
Stanford def. Illinois-Chicago
Pepperdine def. Long Beach
Northwestern def. IPFW
Notre Dame def. Fresno State
Georgia def. Marist
Alabama def. Utah
California def. Boston U
Southern Cal def. St.Mary’s
UNC def. East Tenn. St.
Maryland def. Washington
Tennessee def. College Of Charleston
Vanderbilt def. Winthrop
Baylor def. Texas-Arlington
Oklahoma def. Cal Poly
Florida State def. Southern U.
SMU def. Texas A&M
NC State def. VCU
Virginia def. Army
San Diego def. UNLV
UCLA def. Quinnipiac
Arizona State def. Mississippi
Georgia Tech def. Jacksonville State
Yale def. William & Mary
Duke def. Richmond
Tulsa def. Nebraska
Michigan def. Akron
Texas def. South Florida
Miami (FL) def. FIU
Arkansas def. Sacremento State
Clemson def. Wichita State
South Carolina def Arizona
Florida def. South Carolina State

2nd Round Winners
Stanford def. Pepperdine
Northwestern def. Notre Dame
Georgia def. Alabama def. Utah
California def. Southern Cal
UNC def. Maryland
Tennessee def. Vanderbilt
Baylor def. Oklahoma
Florida State def. SMU
Virginia def. NC State
UCLA def. San Diego
Arizona State def. Georgia Tech
Duke def. Yale
Michigan def. Tulsa
Miami (FL) def. Texas
Clemson def. Arkansas
Florida def. South Carolina

3rd Round Winners
Stanford def. Northwestern
California def Georgia
UNC def. Tennessee
Baylor def Florida State
UCLA def. Virginia
Duke def. Arizona State(not sure about this one)
Michigan def.Miami (FL)
Florida def. Arkansas

Quarterfinal Winners
Stanford def. California
UNC def. Baylor
UCLA Def. Duke
Michigan def. Florida

Semi-Final Winners
Stanford def. UNC
Michigan def. UCLA

Championship
Stanford def. Michigan
johnnytennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,852
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
1st Round Winners
Stanford def. Illinois-Chicago
Pepperdine def. Long Beach
Northwestern def. IPFW
Notre Dame def. Fresno State
Georgia def. Marist
Alabama def. Utah
California def. Boston U
Southern Cal def. St.Mary’s
UNC def. East Tenn. St.
Maryland def. Washington
Tennessee def. College Of Charleston
Vanderbilt def. Winthrop
Baylor def. Texas-Arlington
Oklahoma def. Cal Poly
Florida State def. Southern U.
SMU def. Texas A&M
NC State def. VCU
Virginia def. Army
San Diego def. UNLV
UCLA def. Quinnipiac
Arizona State def. Mississippi
Georgia Tech def. Jacksonville State
Yale def. William & Mary
Duke def. Richmond
Tulsa def. Nebraska
Michigan def. Akron
Texas def. South Florida
Miami (FL) def. FIU
Arkansas def. Sacremento State
Clemson def. Wichita State
South Carolina def Arizona
Florida def. South Carolina State

2nd Round Winners
Stanford def. Pepperdine
Northwestern def. Notre Dame
Georgia def. Alabama def. Utah
California def. Southern Cal
UNC def. Maryland
Tennessee def. Vanderbilt
Baylor def. Oklahoma
Florida State def. SMU
Virginia def. NC State
UCLA def. San Diego
Arizona State def. Georgia Tech
Duke def. Yale
Michigan def. Tulsa
Miami (FL) def. Texas
Clemson def. Arkansas
Florida def. South Carolina

3rd Round Winners
Stanford def. Northwestern
California def Georgia
UNC def. Tennessee
Baylor def Florida State
UCLA def. Virginia
Duke def. Arizona State(not sure about this one)
Michigan def.Miami (FL)
Florida def. Arkansas

Quarterfinal Winners
Stanford def. California
UNC def. Baylor
UCLA Def. Duke
Michigan def. Florida

Semi-Final Winners
Stanford def. UNC
Michigan def. UCLA

Championship
Stanford def. Michigan
Are you a huge Michigan fan and therefore your predictions are slightly biased or do you actually think Michigan is making it to the finals?

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #33 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,919
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Are you a huge Michigan fan and therefore your predictions are slightly biased or do you actually think Michigan is making it to the finals?
Muck Fichigan!

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15


tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #34 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,852
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Muck Fichigan!
Michigan > Ohio State.

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #35 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,226
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
ASU Vs. UCLA 4-3
1. McKenna vs. Jones ASU
2. Cako vs Hickey ASU
3. Hein vs. Rem... UCLA
4. James vs. Montez UCLA
5. Brycki vs. Johansson UCLA?
this too might decide the match if we get through Duke
6. Brown vs. Seguso ASU?
believe Brown can pull it off if she doesnt mentally breakdown.

Doubles
1. ASU
2. ASU
3. ASU
hahaha doubles sweep!
Brown can't beat Seguso. Ashley won't be able to handle Car's pace.

I'm actually looking forward to 3~5

Hein beat Christian, Christian beat Remynse.

James almost beat Montez but choked at SW R.

Brycki is playing pretty well, had a nice match against Burdette at Ojai, so certainly can challenge Johansson.

fantic is offline  
post #36 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,852
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Brown can't beat Seguso. Ashley won't be able to handle Car's pace.

I'm actually looking forward to 3~5

Hein beat Christian, Christian beat Remynse.

James almost beat Montez but choked at SW R.

Brycki is playing pretty well, had a nice match against Burdette at Ojai, so certainly can challenge Johansson.
There's nothing to look forward to. ASU will lose to Duke

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #37 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,919
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Michigan > Ohio State.
Pretty much in only womens tennis

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15


tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #38 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,852
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Pretty much in only womens tennis
If we are only talking athletics then, I guess...

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #39 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Are you a huge Michigan fan and therefore your predictions are slightly biased or do you actually think Michigan is making it to the finals?
I am a big Michigan fan for both the men's and women's teams and this prediction isn't just a homer filling out a tennis bracket. I think they are a very underrated team. They stubbed their toe against Northwestern last weekend after being up 3-0. Their other loses were on the road to North Carolina and Miami losing very close matches 4-3 and both of them came down to 3-set tiebreakers. Against Stanford, they won the doubles point but weren't able to build on it in singles. They have one of the best doubles teams in the country winning 20-23 times this year. Statistics show if you win the doubles point, you have a great chance in winning the match. Am I biased? Sure I am but if everyone fills out the bracket the same with Stanford and Florida in the finals, what fun is that!
johnnytennis is offline  
post #40 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,852
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
I am a big Michigan fan for both the men's and women's teams and this prediction isn't just a homer filling out a tennis bracket. I think they are a very underrated team. They stubbed their toe against Northwestern last weekend after being up 3-0. Their other loses were on the road to North Carolina and Miami losing very close matches 4-3 and both of them came down to 3-set tiebreakers. Against Stanford, they won the doubles point but weren't able to build on it in singles. They have one of the best doubles teams in the country winning 20-23 times this year. Statistics show if you win the doubles point, you have a great chance in winning the match. Am I biased? Sure I am but if everyone fills out the bracket the same with Stanford and Florida in the finals, what fun is that!
I definitely agree with you on this one. I just cannot see how Michigan gets 4 points against Florida. Give them doubles, what 3 singles lines are they going to win?

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #41 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Pretty much in only womens tennis
Tennisbuddy...you might want to read the sports section more and dig a little deeper then just the tennis team. Ohio state is hot right now in 2 sports, basketball and football. Your going no where in football next year with half of your team suspended and maybe the coach as well!
johnnytennis is offline  
post #42 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,919
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Tennisbuddy...you might want to read the sports section more and dig a little deeper then just the tennis team. Ohio state is hot right now in 2 sports, basketball and football. Your going no where in football next year with half of your team suspended and maybe the coach as well!
Well we have done well in baseball, soccer as well as gymnastics. I don't know about other sports. He is suspended for the first 5 games. That whole mess is just

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15


tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #43 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I definitely agree with you on this one. I just cannot see how Michigan gets 4 points against Florida. Give them doubles, what 3 singles lines are they going to win?
I'll have to look at that and get back with you!
johnnytennis is offline  
post #44 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,919
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
I'll have to look at that and get back with you!
Denise can have a shot to stretch Allie, same with Brooke and Lauren. And when Taney is on, she's on. Look at Big Ten finals.

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15


tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #45 of 87 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Well we have done well in baseball, soccer as well as gymnastics. I don't know about other sports. He is suspended for the first 5 games. That whole mess is just
That's what's so much fun about college sports, especially with rivalry's like the one with Michigan & Ohio State!
johnnytennis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome